Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible starting Friday July 8th!  (Read 5135 times)

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible starting Friday July 8th!
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 02:40:14 PM »
Ahhhhh. Yea, sorry i guess the stream i was watching was lucky to be in a functioning lobby. We'll see if Rockstar can continue to ignore people who are having problems with the game, their newswire article is 99% complaints about the broken MP.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52637/red-dead-redemption-now-playable-on-xbox-one-with-backward

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2016, 09:55:48 PM »
There's a petition or two popping up as well. I'm not expecting much to come from it though. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jayrdi

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible starting Friday July 8th!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 06:52:59 AM »
Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible Keeps Crashing

So I think this has something to do with DLC.

I put my RDR disc in on Friday night, set it installing and then loaded up a multiplayer game.  Loaded fine, but when I go to the 'Outfitters' page it just loads and loads.  I tried several times, same thing.  I read on a forum somewhere from a while back that if you have purchased the Undead DLC and deleted it, then this will crash the 'Outfitter', presumably because there are characters there from that now deleted DLC.

So, I searched for the Undead DLC and installed it, then noticed that there were about 5 other DLC 'ready to install', installed them all and now it crashes on the title screen.  I've deleted everything and reinstalled it all, but still crashes on title screen when it's trying to load the DLC.

I saw something in another thread about differences between Undead Collection and Undead Pack but I can't remember which I bought.  I'm just selecting the stuff it lists as 'ready to install' under the 'Manage game' page.

Anyone had similar trouble or solution?  Is there an official page I can ask this question to developers of Red Dead or Xbox?

Thanks for your help,

jayrdi

Offline mellamocomotu

• Liked: 18
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »
What gliched matrix says in is video about going to free roam and then from there going to gang match or whatever you want to play at works fine!Have no one to play though so add me if you want to gather up people and play gang match. Gamertag: mellamocomotu

Offline jayrdi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 08:58:29 AM »
Thanks but I can't even get to free roam!  it crashes at the title screen when you click 'Start'!

Offline mellamocomotu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 07:46:31 PM »
Thanks but I can't even get to free roam!  it crashes at the title screen when you click 'Start'!

It´s private free roam, then public then gang match

Offline jayrdi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 04:01:24 AM »

Yes, but I mean I can't get into the game at all, either single player or multiplayer.  It crashes at the title screen.

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 04:13:59 AM »

Yes, but I mean I can't get into the game at all, either single player or multiplayer.  It crashes at the title screen.
That's sounds more than what the server issues have been doing. That sounds like the disc is actually messed up or something.
Worse maybe seeing if you could get a cheap copy from somewhere (lots of retailers have been clearing them out over the last year or two) and give that a go.

Offline jayrdi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 04:22:57 AM »
But if I only install the game without any DLC it works but crashes when I try to load Outfitter.  As I read previously about this being an issue if you installed Undead Nightmare and then deleted it (as there are exclusive characters from that DLC that appear in the Outfitter), I tried installing the DLC to fix the problem.  That's when it starts crashing at title screen - at the point where the game logs you in and loads your DLC.  The disc is in excellent condition.  I think it's a DLC problem...

I would just play without using the DLC but I want to play poker!

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 05:44:48 AM »
Have you tried u installing the game and then letting it reinstall the game and the DLC?

Offline jayrdi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 05:50:59 AM »
Yes, I tried that.  I just spoke to Xbox Support and they said that it's down to the servers that RDR uses not aligning correctly with the licences for user purchases.  Apparently this is something they're working on and should be resolved in the next day or two.  So that's good news and a relatively quick fix!

Thanks for your help and advice.

Offline mellamocomotu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 08:17:21 AM »
Yes, I tried that.  I just spoke to Xbox Support and they said that it's down to the servers that RDR uses not aligning correctly with the licences for user purchases.  Apparently this is something they're working on and should be resolved in the next day or two.  So that's good news and a relatively quick fix!

Thanks for your help and advice.

Did they tell you something about the fuc king multiplayer that dosent work? are they planning yo fix it in the next era?

Offline jayrdi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
Haha, I think they have a long list of bugs they're working through although they couldn't say anything specific.  XBox Support is passing all the error messages along to RockStar, so I wouldn't fancy their job.

I'd give it a few days and try again.

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2547
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 01:34:01 PM »
Haha, I think they have a long list of bugs they're working through although they couldn't say anything specific.  XBox Support is passing all the error messages along to RockStar, so I wouldn't fancy their job.

I'd give it a few days and try again.

We've given it a few years and still waiting.

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »
I do like the sound of them at least doing something with the servers, even if it is just fixing license issues so they can make more money from people playing/buying.
It shows that at least they are looking at the ability to check out the server health etc. Maybe there is hope for another patch yet.

Offline mellamocomotu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 07:03:30 PM »
I dont think there´s hope that they¨ll fix it,it dosen´t make them more money than it already made at this point.... they know that no one is going to sue them and if someone does they´ll fix it by compensating that specific gamer, which is far cheaper than what probably fixing the game costs.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 07:43:23 AM »
What's the deal with multiplayer saves, can you import them from 360?

Never mind, I got it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:07:32 AM by convex airplane »

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1987
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »
Can you send invites between consoles? I only havee a 360 so I'm not sure if its worth setting up again if I can't get into private matches

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2547
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 07:30:23 PM »
Yeah, BC is basically us playing on 360 via the xbox one.  We have to use the 360 menu and invites and everything.  But what that means is even if you're on 360, you can still play with someone on xbox one.

Offline mellamocomotu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2016, 05:34:59 AM »
Can you send invites between consoles? I only havee a 360 so I'm not sure if its worth setting up again if I can't get into private matches

Unless you´re in a private match it dosen´t work at all.. If someone wants to play private gang match I´m happy to go in