Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dead Weekend!  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead Weekend!
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »
Help us launch Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility with a bang!

Post in here if you want to find others to play with and discuss what you want to do. Get ready to saddle up and revisit the Old West with some friends.

Facebook event link
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:48:54 PM by Chalk »

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1144
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Red Dead Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »
Yasss! Count me in!

I'm up for anything!  I have the GOTY edition so I can play any game mode. I would love to try some horseback rooftopping or even have a go at firing up the old stagecoach boat!

I will be playing for a  little bit on Friday (have to work later), all day Saturday and some of Sunday early. If we get enough people together we must get a group screenshot or video.

I can't wait!!!! Let's do this people!!!! (cheer)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »
Added in the Facebook event link. Also going to get some paid promotion on that to try and get it out a bit more.

A group shot is a must if we can get some people on. I'll be on most of the weekend. I'm going out early Saturday for breakfast (an amazing place nearby, pictures will come of the milkshakes they do). But being in Australia that would be late night/overnight Friday for you US guys anyways. The rest of the weekend is pretty much fair game.

I think I might have some levelling up to do but happy to do whatever in free roam. I'm not huge on competitive MP stuff but happy to try and rooftop or boat.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »
Well, it looks like we are going to have to play in private sessions. 

Please remember: Start a private session from single player and only invite people from single player or another private session. DO NOT switch from a public session to a private session, DO NOT invite someone from a public session into a private....it will infect that private session.

I really hope they will fix it somehow   :-\

Anyway, I used my GOTY Undead Nightmare disc and it installed fine and all my cloud saves loaded/synced just fine!

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead Weekend!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:56:28 PM »
I hope eventually they fix the servers but at least playing in private matches for now should be pretty fun.

And the idea of being able to record and stream the games is making me hot under the collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DethPimp

• Liked: 1391
  • Awards Best Writer 2014 Best moderator Best writer Awarded to the user voted Best Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
if the times align, I'll give it a go. XxOldBillXx (unless the x's are the other way around. I underwent an Xchange at some point and can't remember).

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 04:19:07 AM »
I've I sent you a friend invite @DethPimp. If the times align I'd love to pay with you.

I'm gonna probably be on from like 9am EST (11pm Australian East coast time) if anyone is around. If you haven't already got my gamertag its Chalks88. Would love to just mess around in free roam and maybe do some gang hideouts or coop missions.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
This is the first time that I've played a BC game with multiplayer.  I don't know if you guys know this, but I just found out about how to invite/join friends. 

You have to invite or join a game that your friend is in using the 360 emulator and not from your Xbox One friend list or from your party.  Press both the start button and the back button and that will bring up the 360 menu where you can invite/join friends.

Also, if you are friends with someone on the One but not the 360, you won't be able to invite them.....at least, I don't think you can.  Probably doesn't apply if we could play in public sessions.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead Weekend!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
Yeah. Inviting from a public session means they bring their glitches with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DethPimp

• Liked: 1391
  • Awards Best Writer 2014 Best moderator Best writer Awarded to the user voted Best Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 10:42:46 PM »
Hey Chalk (Kryten?). I'd be down for some coop. Will keep a look out if I get on today.

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 921
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 07:17:32 AM »
Also, if you are friends with someone on the One but not the 360, you won't be able to invite them.....at least, I don't think you can.  Probably doesn't apply if we could play in public sessions.

You can still invite anyone you're not friends with.  It's the same as inviting anyone that's not on your friends list on 360 - find their profile and invite them to your session.  Find their profile by recent players list if you played with them recently, friends list of your friends, have them send you a message to view their profile, or I think you can directly send a game invite through messages.  But yeah you don't have to be friends to invite someone.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 12:17:16 PM »
Ok, I will try next time.... do you mean inviting through the 360 menu?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »
Ok, I will try next time.... do you mean inviting through the 360 menu?

I assume you've worked it out, but for those reading who haven't.......clicking BOTH the middle buttons (I think they are called View and Menu) whilst playing a backwards compatible game will bring up the old Xbox 360 dashboard. From there you can send invites etc.