Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible Keeps Crashing  (Read 652 times)

Offline jayrdi

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible Keeps Crashing
« on: July 12, 2016, 06:54:02 AM »
So I think this has something to do with DLC.

I put my RDR disc in on Friday night, set it installing and then loaded up a multiplayer game.  Loaded fine, but when I go to the 'Outfitters' page it just loads and loads.  I tried several times, same thing.  I read on a forum somewhere from a while back that if you have purchased the Undead DLC and deleted it, then this will crash the 'Outfitter', presumably because there are characters there from that now deleted DLC.

So, I searched for the Undead DLC and installed it, then noticed that there were about 5 other DLC 'ready to install', installed them all and now it crashes on the title screen.  I've deleted everything and reinstalled it all, but still crashes on title screen when it's trying to load the DLC.

I saw something in another thread about differences between Undead Collection and Undead Pack but I can't remember which I bought.  I'm just selecting the stuff it lists as 'ready to install' under the 'Manage game' page.

Anyone had similar trouble or solution?

Thanks for your help,

jayrdi

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Red Dead Redemption Backwards Compatible Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »
RDR multiplayer is suffering from a long list of problems and even if you figure out how to solve your current issue, you'll likely find another soon after. Unfortunately you may want to save yourself some agony and forget about playing it.