Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is this the secret to patching the servers?  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 816
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Is this the secret to patching the servers?
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:47:41 PM »
I had a twitter follower send me a message yesterday in regards to what is required to patch the servers. He appears to be a member of the GlitchSquad. This was the message he sent, along with the following pictures.

Quote from: Twitter
Here is the file that needs to be patched on PS3 & Xbox. If Rockstar patches this file, the MP Servers will be fixed again for good. No modder would be able to bring zombies into MP ever again.

Pictures in the attachments below.

Any thoughts on the legitimacy of this? I've passed the info on to the guys that run the Rockstar Games twitter account in any case.

Offline thuglife_-1

• Wounded Threat
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 213
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Is this the secret to patching the servers?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:17 PM »
Thanks for sharing that here. I will post a link to this thread on Rockstar support. Here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200025576-Red-Dead-Redemption

I don't have the time right now, but maybe someone could start a ticket.
Amnesty for coach_wargo!

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1136
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
The secret to patching the servers is to get rid of Matrix....who keeps breaking it whenever Rockstar tries to fix it.  I wouldn't blame Rockstar for completely forgetting about it all together. I hope they are focusing on how to make the new Red Dead modder-proof. I hope they are checking and double checking and testing so that whatever happened to RDR does NOT happen with the next game.

But, then again, they should have done something to fix it before making it backwards compatible. Who knows, maybe they have someone working on it right now. Since the Xbox One is always recording maybe they can actually see exactly what's going on so they can make a final patch. Maybe that's just me and my wishful thinking.

I was playing Undead Nightmare last night and wanted to catch the Unicorn for a friend who didn't know there was a Unicorn in the game, so I took a screenshot of it for him.  When I was done that I went to El Presidio for some cannon fun. So I'm looking through my scope and I see undead and townspeople...who are headless.  Please someone explain how the hell does that happen? Why is my disc infected when I am not in multiplayer?

Offline thuglife_-1

• Wounded Threat
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 213
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »
You're probably right about R* forgetting about it all together. I also emailed them about this 2 days ago, and I haven't received a response. :(
Amnesty for coach_wargo!

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 03:28:51 AM »
You're probably right about R* forgetting about it all together. I also emailed them about this 2 days ago, and I haven't received a response. :(

Even when they do respond its often with a reply to a topic years ago where they addressed the issue with a patch, then updated 2 weeks or so later saying they are aware of reports that some players are still experiencing issues. It wouldn't surprise me if they've given up the chase and are moving full steam ahead with development of the new title.

Offline mellamocomotu

• Liked: 18
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 08:27:48 PM »

Even when they do respond its often with a reply to a topic years ago where they addressed the issue with a patch, then updated 2 weeks or so later saying they are aware of reports that some players are still experiencing issues. It wouldn't surprise me if they've given up the chase and are moving full steam ahead with development of the new title.

They´re doing nothing at all.I wrote to them several times and they keep sending an automatic reply about my fucking NAT...The only way to play is playing private if you´re lucky enough to have someone that does...I´m not...

Offline IluvRDR

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 03:55:05 AM »
Mella i'm going to send you a friend request, we play every day, is it still the same? mellamocomoto?

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5584
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 12:48:30 PM »
Seems to me R* have dropped the ball in a big way. Said for years they need "fans" of their games policing and maintaining their multiplayer titles. Maybe we get lucky and someone somewhere in a position that counts actually does something. Not holding breath though.

I'd like to get in on that sweet RDR action. Knifing me a few legends would be fun.

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 04:17:18 PM »
Seems to me R* have dropped the ball in a big way. Said for years they need "fans" of their games policing and maintaining their multiplayer titles. Maybe we get lucky and someone somewhere in a position that counts actually does something. Not holding breath though.

I'd like to get in on that sweet RDR action. Knifing me a few legends would be fun.

You have to get online first.  Baby steps jester.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5584
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:20 PM »
You have to get online first.  Baby steps jester.

:-[

Good point.

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »
Are any of you guys part of the Xbox Preview program per chance? If so you could join the Xbox Club we have made to help find games. I think the LFG part off this update, especially once it hits the full Xbox member base, is going to really help in games like Red Dead where public matchmaking is just not an option.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 06:34:55 AM »
I'll check it out tonight when I get on. :)