Username: Password:

Author Topic: Are the PS3 servers fixed?  (Read 712 times)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 852
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Are the PS3 servers fixed?
« on: August 05, 2016, 06:44:30 AM »
I've been reading around that a group of (good) modders have been going and fixing some of the PS3 servers. There are still a few bad eggs they are trying to combat but from what they are saying they think most of the servers are fairly stable again.

Apparently it had something to do with them forcing the "zombie" bodies off the map into the hell (when you fall through the surface of the world etc) or something like that.

Anyone on PS3 want to check it out and see if its legitimately back in business again?

Sidenote: No such luck for Xbox servers yet. The modded code they use may not work the same way.

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2672
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Are the PS3 servers fixed?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:06:55 AM »
I don't see how anyone other than rockstar could fix it.  These people might be able to fix a single session, but only rockstar would have access to change anything on the actual servers or in the game code.

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 852
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Are the PS3 servers fixed?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
What they did was bounced around server to server and glitched out the zombie border which was causing the issues. They would blow them up with dynamite which was OP, so they ended up despawning. From what I read it seemed to work well, until someone release it again and it started all over again.
I think at this stage it's safe to assume they aren't going to fix it for good and are dedicating their time to the unannounced title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk