Username: Password:

Author Topic: Real life  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 814
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Real life
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:48:20 AM »
Shamelessly ripped off from one of the private forums but figured the main forums needs something similar. Basically just dump whats going on in your real life in here.

At the moment I'm looking at moving to a new place. Two out of my 4 housemates (the two that are married) are planning on moving out when our lease expires at the end of October. So the other 3 of us are starting to look at new places to live at this one would be too big and expensive for us to really need to stay. We had a look at about 8 places yesterday and found a few we like. We plan to apply for one of them this week once we confirm some details with the agents. Even though we in theory have at least 4 weeks to find a place, part of me wants to get it over and done with sooner rather than later. Not that I'm keen on paying rent at two places for a longer period of time to secure a place, but I would rather get it all organised and not be in a panic towards the end of the lease. If the other two housemates find a place and leave, we would be stuck paying a higher % of the rent month to month until we found a place.
So at the moment we have parts of the house starting to be packed up. DVDs, Books, various kitchen things we don't use daily etc are all starting to get packed. Next will be things like my Lego collection (I need to get a few more boxes which are suitable in size).
Not an ideal time to be moving, what with Xmas just around the corner as well as my car registration and a few other bills due but it is what it is. I'm kinda excited for the change though. One of the housemates that is moving out has been kinda a bitch lately. Got pissy over a really minor thing so hasn't really talked to me at all for about the last 4 weeks. I don't really mind as its probably been the most peaceful 4 weeks since we started living together.  (thumbsup2)

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1544
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
Re: Real life
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:58:08 AM »
Australia has always been one of the places I have considered moving to. I'll take up that rent.  (seedy)

Also, have you posted any pics of your Lego collection? I only have two small boxes from when I was a kid. I should get them out again.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 05:03:32 AM »
Australia has always been one of the places I have considered moving to. I'll take up that rent.  (seedy)

Also, have you posted any pics of your Lego collection? I only have two small boxes from when I was a kid. I should get them out again.

We don't have dick pics as rent.

I don't think I've taken many photos of my Lego collection. I must remember to do that either before or after I move. I'll just be happy if I can transport them all over without too much rebuilding needed.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3923
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 05:33:09 AM »
Shamelessly ripped off from one of the private forums but figured the main forums needs something similar. Basically just dump whats going on in your real life in here.

You son of a bitch.... Real Life only happens in our private forums. No one else has a real life.

I'm out of a job after October 20th and out of a place to live after October 30th! So I expect this month will include lots of fun things such as asking everyone I meet if they know of an available apartment that is reasonably priced, spending hours applying for jobs and desperately trying to do it all before I end up on the street... So, looks like I'll be moving to Australia and bunking with Llama and Chalk.

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 05:42:18 AM »
Alright but I get cold at night so I have to be in the middle. #sharingbodyheat #ecofriendly

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 05:59:45 AM »
Alright but I get cold at night so I have to be in the middle. #sharingbodyheat #ecofriendly

As much as I like the ecofriendly aspect, it's Australia... be worried about the fucking 12 inch long cock spider that's crawling up your arse, not the temperature.

Also, it would be me in the middle, cause then I can say "I'm stuck between Chalk and Cheese"

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 06:39:58 AM »

As much as I like the ecofriendly aspect, it's Australia... be worried about the fucking 12 inch long cock spider that's crawling up your arse, not the temperature.

12 inches? Those are the baby ones!

When I move I'd probably have a couch you guys could crash on. I might stick to my warm and comfy bed with whatever woman I can convince to share it with. Failing that, certain websites help starve off the loneliness. Kinda. :(

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 08:15:29 AM »
I might stick to my warm and comfy bed with whatever woman I can convince to share it with. Failing that, certain websites help starve off the loneliness. Kinda. :(

Right in the feels brah... right in the feels

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 598
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
Australia has always been one of the places I have considered moving to.

What makes you think they'd have you?

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
Australia has always been one of the places I have considered moving to.

What makes you think they'd have you?

Every citizens of Ameristralia has the freedom of movement.

Besides, Chalk probably know the PM and can vouch for me. 

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Real life
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »
What did we say about making up countries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 07:56:08 AM »
UPDATE:

So today I moved into my new place. We're still very much getting settled and working everything out and unpacking but I have managed to get my bed together, as well as my TV and Xbox which means I have Netflix available for me. My new cable TV connection is getting done on Monday so will have to wait to watch anything decent on TV but I have plenty to keep me occupied until then. Photos of various cool stuff coming later.

Offline Lutten

• Run Devil Run
  • Liked: 39
  • Out of Time
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »
Well, it's my final year in Aerodynamic Engineering at College and then I plan on re-locating. I've signed a 2 year job contract with a company, which starts in May 2017. Hopefully they won't be sending me far away.

And I'm also planning on buying my first Motorbike next week. Might as well sell my Skoda Octavia.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
Well, it's my final year in Aerodynamic Engineering at College and then I plan on re-locating. I've signed a 2 year job contract with a company, which starts in May 2017. Hopefully they won't be sending me far away.

And I'm also planning on buying my first Motorbike next week. Might as well sell my Skoda Octavia.

You took a job and don't know where its at yet? I guess there is plenty of time between now and then but fair enough. If they do make you move a decent distance away do they help pay for relocation costs? Or does it not work like that over there?

In other news tomorrow I'm flying up to the Gold Coast for a week. My brother has gotten engaged and is having a party Saturday night, but we are going up for a week so we can do some family stuff as well. My nieces are competing in a cheerleading comp which we will watch, we'll spend some time with the soon-to-be sister in laws family, and spend a day or two at places like Australia Zoo (the one Steve Irwin opened), and the other theme parks up there. Should be a nice break to recharge the batteries before the Xmas rush at work builds too much.

Oh, and I'm going to take a ton of photos from Australia Zoo too.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 05:48:08 AM »
Happy Christmas everybody!

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Real life
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 06:50:42 PM »
Merry Xmas guys. Works been super busy as of late but should hopefully start to settle down pretty soon.

Anyone get anything good for Xmas? I got a new lens for my DSLR which is pretty sweet. Now I can take some good long shots. Commence your creepy stalker jokes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Real life
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »
Wow what a way to end Christmas Day....... George Michael dies 53

Died peacefully at an address in Oxfordshire this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »
So my last couple weeks have been up and down.

Been hugely busy at work with doing a stocktake (US may calling it taking inventory or something??) which didn't quite go as smoothly as we had hoped. But got through the week eventually and moved onto this week.
Then we move onto this week. Monday when I got home from work and was eating something for dinner I was eating and realised something. I have a damaged tooth that I've been meaning to get fixed up for a while but always been on the backburner compared to other things. Well, after swallowing I realised something felt funny. The tooth (well, what was left of it) was completely gone. I went into a bit of a panic as I realised that no cover I had would actually cover something this major (5000-7000 AUD).
I ended up going to the dentist Tuesday morning before work and she confirmed it will probably have to be an implant. She said could cost closer to 8000. So that wasn't too good. But she did put in a temp filling which covers the gap so at least I have something in place there until I can get X-Rays and speak to a surgeon about it.
Over the last few days I've been exploring options and what I've gone with is taken a personal loan which does several things. Consolidates any other debts I have (credit card, etc), leaves enough money to cover what I expect to pay in medical/dental bills, but also allows a bit extra to do a few things I really want/need to do.
The first is get my car looked at and serviced. Been a while and its got a slow oil leak which I need to get investigated. The other one is more exciting. I am able to upgrade my PC with it. I've been trying to put away money each month for this purpose so if I do it outright now I can just redirect the money back into the loan and what not.
In the end my repayments aren't really anything more than I would of been spending to put the money away / pay the credit card repayments, and the bright side is that I get to destroy the credit card and never see it again. I had to find the bright side of the last two weeks and the possibility of going out shopping for PC parts this weekend (if the money clears in time) is certainly the bright side.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5477
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 01:45:47 AM »
Wow, that's quite something. Hope all will work out fine. And if a new PC won't cause any problems with paying other bills, then for sure, use it as a positive thing :)

Offline Shovelhead

• Born to Lose
  • Liked: 5
  • Live to Win
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 06:18:26 PM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:35:36 PM by Shovelhead »