Username: Password:

Author Topic: When will we hear more from Rockstar?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline eagleforlife

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
When will we hear more from Rockstar?
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:08:43 AM »
Questions in the title, when do you think we will hear more from Rockstar, regarding story/characters and a gameplay trailer?
People don't forget, nothing is forgiven - John Marston

Offline Ucah8er

• Won't let the sun go down on me
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2555
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted to have made the Best musical contribution Best Signature 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: When will we hear more from Rockstar?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:48:30 AM »
I think they will drop another bomb on us around christmas time. Maybe they will already allow us to pre order then.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 816
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 05:56:04 AM »
Tomorrow.

Yes, I'm an optimist. Also a fool. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Offline Lutten

• Run Devil Run
  • Liked: 39
  • Out of Time
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
I guess it'll be sometime next week. I'm always on lookout for more stuff. The people on social club are way more optimistic if you ask me.

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 610
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 07:50:12 AM »
I can't imagine any more info will be forthcoming for a couple more months, but I hope I'm wrong and it's sooner.

I really don't recall how long the gaps have been between news based on previously released games, do any of you lot?

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
When will we hear more from Rockstar?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 09:33:18 AM »
You know Rockstar, they like to keep us hanging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lutten

• Run Devil Run
  • Liked: 39
  • Out of Time
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »
I can't imagine any more info will be forthcoming for a couple more months, but I hope I'm wrong and it's sooner.

I really don't recall how long the gaps have been between news based on previously released games, do any of you lot?
It really depends on how much hype they want TBH. I always thought that game development had nothing to do with updates. I remember GTA V 2nd Trailer being released like a year after the first one.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 07:44:07 PM »
Yup. First trailer was november 2011, then they waited until July 2012 to show some screenshots, follewed by the second trailer in October 2012 that featured the "spring 2013" at the end, then at the end of January 2013 they finally gave the release date as september 2013. So yea, almost 2 years from announcement to release, gtav was right on the heels of max payne 3 so they grossly underestimated how much more work it needed. That doesnt seem to be the case this time around though, Rockstar has had 3+ years to develop this game thus far and they are familiar with the ps4 and xb1 enough that the process will be a lot smoother, having already ported gtav to both consoles as well as PC. We all wanted some story DLC for gtav but its very likely they ditched ideas for that and began working on a new RDR instead, leaving a team of programmers to upgrade gtav to the new platforms and build on gta online. I would expect another rdr2 trailer and screenshots in february or march to really begin ramping up interest in the game, with a hard release date revealed by July's end, likely releasing no later than March of 2018 since thats the end of their fiscal year for 2017.
But hey, ive been wrong before, this is Rockstar and they have F U money to do whatever they want.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
Okay so ts been a few months now. I would think we could realistically expect something by the end of April. Otherwise I think we could start to expect a delayed release date. It doesn't have to be much but just something to keep us interested over the E3 period if they aren't doing much for E3.

Offline MrYoungGun

• El Jefe
  • Liked: 237
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 03:22:08 PM »
Well we're now into fiscal year 2017 for Take Two Interactive, with sales forecast meetings coming soon that usually dont reveal much more than a vague timeline for product releases. Should Strauss Zelnich play it coy like he normally does in these investor briefings it may mean te game is taking longer than expected but not too much longer as they'll have to release it by a year from today or face stockholder backlash. E3 isnt going to happen folks, Rockstar couldn't give 2 shits about the industry's premier showcase, they never have. However it is possible that Rockstar reveals more about the game prior to E3 and with Sony getting the early access features it may be Sony who presents those features at their own presentation at E3. Delay or no delay, info about this game is imminent, no doubt their deciding just how much of the game they want to show us next.

Offline Der Kaiser

• Blitzkrieg
  • Liked: 3
  • My side was not chosen, my side was given.
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Games
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 02:41:07 AM »
I'm hoping 2-3 months before they release it they'll show us a video gameplay, just like they did with GTA V. Rockstar is killing us with the suspense!

"You and West Dickens are so crooked, you could swallow nails and spit out corkscrews." -John Marston

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
I guess it'll be sometime next week. I'm always on lookout for more stuff. The people on social club are way more optimistic if you ask me.

Oh how wrong you were.

@Topic: There are rumours that something might be shown off at this technical event where they are showing off the Xbox Scorpio and stuff. I doubt anything will be shown from Red Dead, regardless of the rumours but maybe they will show the first trailer again but in 4K.
Apart from that there are the usual rumours of E3 but I'm almost thinking they need to do something small prior to that. Unless they are going big at E3 it doesn't give them much time afterwards to promote the game in their usual fashion.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5496
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 05:21:24 AM »

Oh how wrong you were.

@Topic: There are rumours that something might be shown off at this technical event where they are showing off the Xbox Scorpio and stuff. I doubt anything will be shown from Red Dead, regardless of the rumours but maybe they will show the first trailer again but in 4K.
Apart from that there are the usual rumours of E3 but I'm almost thinking they need to do something small prior to that. Unless they are going big at E3 it doesn't give them much time afterwards to promote the game in their usual fashion.

If we were being pessimistic, a delay might be on the cards ( Ihope not of course).
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Der Kaiser

• Blitzkrieg
  • Liked: 3
  • My side was not chosen, my side was given.
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Games
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »
I'm okay with a 2-3 month delay, as long as they use it to keep promoting the game it's all good to me.

"You and West Dickens are so crooked, you could swallow nails and spit out corkscrews." -John Marston

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »
Did we just integrate with Facebook?

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 04:01:39 PM »
Did we just integrate with Facebook?

Yep :)

Offline Kirsty

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »
By May or Delay is my motto.

I have a feeling it could literally be just any day now, but maybe I'm looking at it through rose tinted glasses. If nothing by May then I'll be growing concerned.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11:58 PM »
By May or Delay is my motto.

I have a feeling it could literally be just any day now, but maybe I'm looking at it through rose tinted glasses. If nothing by May then I'll be growing concerned.

I think we all have our rose tinted glasses on. Some of us never took them off since the first game. Mostly because they look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1137
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »
I keep reading reports that it may be released for the Scorpio. If this is true, will it still play on the regular xbox one?

I am so afraid that they will do like they did with GTAV....have 2 versions of the game.  I really hope that they don't have a version for the One and then make a version for the Scorpio with all better dlc's and then stop making them for the One because the memory and graphics aren't the same. I cannot afford to get the Scorpio and if this happens I will be a very unhappy cowgirl!