Username: Password:

Author Topic: When will we hear more from Rockstar?  (Read 2363 times)

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
Re: When will we hear more from Rockstar?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:52 PM »
By the sound of it they're following the PS4 Pro model of being exactly the same except for some minor graphics enhancements. You should be alright.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 814
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 05:05:25 PM »
You'll be fine. Microsoft have been quite adamant that the original Xbox One owners won't be left behind and all games will play on both consoles. It will just run faster and look nicer on the Scorpio.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1037
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »
Yeah, Microsoft have said that Scorpio is in the "One" family and all titles will run on the original, S, and Scorpio.

Speaking of RDR2 and Scorpio...

"Microsoft will unveil Forza Motorsport 7 as the headline title for Project Scorpio in the next few weeks, and it will run at a blistering True 4K resolution. We've heard reports from reliable sources that the game, in true Forza fashion, already looks utterly stunning, and will showcase just what the console is capable of.

Our list comes from marketing materials that include titles Microsoft wants to use to exemplify Project Scorpio's six-teraflops (TF), True-4K capabilities. And it naturally includes several first-party titles, such as the aforementioned Forza 7, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay 2. But it also contains a few heavy-hitting, third-party titles.

The list includes some fairly obvious games, such as "Call of Duty", FIFA, and Madden, but also Battlefront 2, and Red Dead Redemption 2. It seems that each of these games will appear on Project Scorpio with a 4K resolution."

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 06:04:38 PM »
I don't buy it. Even ~$1000 enthusiast PCs struggle to play the latest games at 4K.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1133
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
OK...I can deal with having not-as-great graphics but as long as the content (dlc, add-ons, updates, whatever) is the same across all 3 consoles...I'm fine with that.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 814
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 06:36:14 PM »
I don't buy it. Even ~$1000 enthusiast PCs struggle to play the latest games at 4K.

Digital Foundry did a technical specs reveal and they were running Forza at 4K/60fps and still only using between 50-60% of the GPU usage. What it looks like they may be able to achieve is amazing. Even if some games have to be pulled back just a touch I still think they are going to look incredible.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1037
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »
Yeah, having DF look at it was a brilliant move. They have such a good reputation that if MS had just announced this everyone would just wait for DF to analyze it anyway. Major Nelson had one of the Scorpio guys on his podcast and they explain it pretty well too. I like how they don't demand that 3rd party devs are forced to deliver 4k. They can use the machine to deliver 1080p with extra graphical fidelity or whatever else they want to do.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/major-nelson-radio/id74848525?mt=2&i=1000384144293

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs</a>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:27:15 AM by Alphapug »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 07:31:50 AM »
OK, here's my prediction:  They said there will be a FALL 2017 release, so if they hold to that....*think positive*, that means Sept, Oct or Nov. To me, Sept. seems a bit too early for a release and too late for a second trailer. So that leaves us with May, June, July and August for a second trailer and more info. May might be a little too early. June might be logical...isn't that when E3 is happening?  They might keep us waiting till July or August at the latest.

July trailer for an Oct. release or an August trailer for a Nov. release. Sounds good, right?

Offline Ferguson69

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
When will we hear more from Rockstar?
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »
Roll on next Thursday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Ferguson69

• View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Winniefpff

• Danielxedaxa
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
When will we hear more from Rockstar
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
When you think about it, rockstar have never put out a bad sequel, so im sure this one will be as good as the first. Although i would have preferred it if they had announced bully 2 instead.
I was advised this trading robot for successful trading

Offline Ferguson69

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 06:01:31 AM »
When you think about it, rockstar have never put out a bad sequel, so im sure this one will be as good as the first. Although i would have preferred it if they had announced bully 2 instead.

Theres still chance of some other games before Spring 2018....... Rockstar done it between RDR & GTA5

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
Yea, when did Max Payne 3 come out?  Wasn't it somewhere between RDR and GTAV?  Would love to have a remastered or backwards compat. for that game.

Offline Ferguson69

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
Yea, when did Max Payne 3 come out?  Wasn't it somewhere between RDR and GTAV?  Would love to have a remastered or backwards compat. for that game.

Yes..... with L.A Noire

as I keep stating