Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands  (Read 2207 times)

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1056
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
signed up for the beta ... meow ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obB4kwUbuk8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obB4kwUbuk8</a>

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGRmS1_W5M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGRmS1_W5M</a>

the beta should come out soon since the game drops in March ...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:54:01 AM by will136 »

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:55:36 AM »
need details?  ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVhIf88DhDQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVhIf88DhDQ</a>

you know you want some ...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1140
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 04:05:01 PM »
This looks like a good game to play with friends!  I will probably rent it on Redbox if they have it.

How do you sign up for the beta?  Do you have to preorder?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
How do you sign up for the beta?  Do you have to preorder?

I would also like to know this. I couldn't see an option to sign up unless you had a guaranteed code already.

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 08:12:56 AM »
I got the registration info from an email from Ubisoft  ... the link in the email took me to this page ... I have not pre-ordered yet but most likely will just before the release on 3/7/2017 ... and of course if I get to play the Beta that will help me determine weather I want to order or not ...

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-US/beta-registration/index.aspx?ncid=120-2723---1-eml-31-29-GRW-BetaRegister-17-2-4-0117-6-2---GRW_C2W_Pre__GRW_ID39961

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »
Ok, I just registered for the Beta....they said they would contact me by email if selected.

And now......I wait.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1548
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 05:22:53 PM »
Thanks, I signed up too.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5499
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:35:05 AM »
What is the control system like for this type of game, I mean is it auto aim?
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
I don't know, Craigy....good question!  I did read that you will be able to switch between 1st person and 3rd person while playing.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
I found a new video with 30 mins of gameplay.  The type of aiming is very different....you are in 3rd person and when you aim your gun it automatically switches to a 1st person view.  I can't tell if there is any kind of auto aim or lock on.  It is very assassin creed-like or even Far Cry 3/4 style.  The more I see, the more I like!  I really hope they choose me for the beta!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_svA4t7O4E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_svA4t7O4E</a>

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »
got a new email today for Ghost Recon that gives the Beta dates as Feb 3rd to Feb 6th ... the email further states that if I pre-order the game through this email that I will get guaranteed access to the Beta ... I like the look of the game and I will probably pre-order on the GameStop website a day or two before the game comes out on March 7th ... I don't however like this tactic of hey you got to pre-order here by Jan 29th to get into the Beta ... if I don't get into the Beta so be it ...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »
Yea, I got that email too.  It did say that it would be a "guaranteed" access to the beta if you pre order so maybe there's still a chance to be picked without preordering (like me). So, yea same here....if I'm picked - great, if not - oh well.  My next option would be to rent it if it comes out on Redbox to try it out.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »
Whoo, hoo!  Just got my free code!  I can invite 3 people on Xbox One. So, if any of you want an invite let me know and I'll send it.  You have to accept within 48 hours. And you have to have a Ubisoft account as well.  I sent out friend requests on the Ubisoft Club because I think that's how you have to send the invite for the beta.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:34 AM »
Yeah I got a code as well. Gonna try and persuade my housemate and ex housemate to play and if its any good it may become my game of choice for playing with friends.

@Mrs Marston If you want to play over the weekend at all let me know. I'm working during the day, but with my timezone thats generally when most of the rest of the world sleeps anyway.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:35:55 AM by Chalk »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
I'm up for it if we can coordinate a time that would be good for both of us.  I have to play in between working this weekend. The past 2 weekends I had at least one day off and now here's the beta and I have to work nights all weekend.  I hate working in retail. 

Shoot me a message on Xbox when you are on and I will send you one when I'm on and see if it matches up. I've got the xbox app on my phone and computer so I will get it either way.

I hope the servers won't be jammed up with everyone trying this game. I already downloaded it, so I'm ready to go as soon as it's live.

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
just popped in to let you know I've just received my invite to the beta on PS4 ... guess i need to make room for the download now ...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 02:26:08 PM »
I played a little today (have to get ready to go to work, ugh).... I only completed the first mission and I am hooked! Absolutely amazing graphics...and I really like the gameplay - reminds me of Far Cry 3/4.  To answer your question @Craigyroo there is a slight lock when you are in range of whatever weapon you are using but maybe it's different depending on your difficulty setting...I'm on veteran which is actually a normal setting.

Will get on tonight after work which will be around 11pm EST.  Will try to sneak in some time before work tomorrow.....somewhere between noon and 2pm EST. and then I can get on later that night maybe around 8pm est.  Hope maybe some of those times are good for you @Chalk .

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 04:30:41 PM »
Looks as though I will be working through most of those hours. What times on Sunday are you free? I don't start work until later on Monday so could get up early if you're gonna play in the arvo. Otherwise we might have to just wait until launch and try to arrange it if I end up buying it etc.

Played the first mission and a few side activities when it launched last night. Really enjoying it so far. I might have to turn up the difficulty from the normal setting (Veteran) as I feel I'm able to get away with a lot of mistakes without really dying.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 10:57:22 PM »
Sunday I will try to sneak in some time before I go to work at 3pm....maybe something like I did today which was around 11am - 1pm and then I will be playing after I get home from work like around 11pm and will play it until I get tired...lol.

But, I'm not going to be able to buy it right away as much as I would like to.  I will rent it if it's available on Redbox when I know I won't be working and maybe we can coordinate times better then.