Username: Password:

Author Topic: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS  (Read 752 times)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
« on: April 08, 2017, 06:55:24 PM »
I've been watching some streams of this on Beam lately and it looks like a lot of fun. Its currently out on Steam early access and it is coming to Xbox One (via the Preview program) and then later to PS4. If you have never seen it I highly recommend watching a few streams of it.

The idea of the game is that ~90-100 players jump into a map akin to DayZ and parachute down to where they want. They then need to go through abandoned towns, houses, etc and loot weapons, clothes, armour, ammo and medical supplies. The idea. Be the last one standing.

Although you can die quite quickly and easily, its pretty quick to jump back out and into another game. There are also some squad tactics as you can have teams working together to get a combined win.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1155
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
That looks quite interesting....had a brief look at one of the videos.  So, basically it's just player vs. player?  Would really be cool if they added zombies...it would be just like The Walking Dead!

Offline oasis17

• TWO
  • Liked: 1295
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 08:12:39 PM »
That looks quite interesting....had a brief look at one of the videos.  So, basically it's just player vs. player?  Would really be cool if they added zombies...it would be just like The Walking Dead!

It's termed like "battle royale" type game. And yea it looks cool I watch some streamers play it quite a bit. Seems like the ui would be tough with controllers as you have to "loot on the go" and there's a lot of stuff to equip. I'd check it out if it came to xbox

"HE'S LIKE A MAN WITH A FORK IN A WORLD OF SOUP." Noel Gallagher

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »
Its meant to be coming to Xbox maybe later this year. Its currently only in alpha on PC and obviously the GUI at the moment is designed as such so it wouldn't work for Xbox at the moment. They would need to try and get some sort of shortcuts to make it able to be used for the Xbox controls.

@Mrs Marston : Check out some videos of a game called H1Z1. This game kind of derived from H1Z1, except in H1Z1 its has those zombies you are after. One of the main guys developing it worked on both H1Z1 and Day Z:Battle Royale in the past.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:36:24 PM »
Did you all check out the E3 trailer for this game?  Looks pretty damn awesome!  Most def a game that you need to team up with friends. If I can afford to get it when it comes out I would like to team up with you, @Chalk .

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:03:23 PM »
Did you all check out the E3 trailer for this game?  Looks pretty damn awesome!  Most def a game that you need to team up with friends. If I can afford to get it when it comes out I would like to team up with you, @Chalk .

For sure. I've been playing a fair bit of it on PC, and watching so many streams of people playing it on Mixer.

Offline Winniefpff

• Danielxedaxa
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:31:49 AM »
I have win10 taskbar at the bottom so I just switch back and forth, but I shall have a look for running inside battlegrounds now
I was advised this trading robot for successful trading

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »
There is a game called Fortnite that has a free battle royal mode. It's available on all platforms and is pretty good if a bit basic. A decent alternative to PUBG if you don't have a gaming PC.

Online Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1070
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »
I was already planning on buying this when I saw on reddit that if you bought an Xbox one X you were being given a code for PUBG. Apparently I still qualified because they sent me a code. I’ve heard it’s still pretty wonky, but I’m game. I played some fortnite, but the shooting felt like I was playing a ps2 game and I was crash bandicoot and just picked up a potato gun.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
I've had second thoughts about getting PUBG now. Seriously doubt that I'd be any good at it.

I tried playing Fortnite Battle Royale since it's free. And I....um...pretty much suck at it. But, I did finish 6th in a solo game....only because I kept moving and hiding. LOL.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1551
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 08:59:07 AM »
I suck at Fortnite too. I just can't get a feel for the guns. It's unfortunate there is no deathmatch mode or the like so you can get better with less time investment.