Username: Password:

Author Topic: Join our Mixer Stream Team!  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Join our Mixer Stream Team!
« on: April 19, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
Hi guys,

We've just finished setting up a Beam Mixer Stream Team and would love you all to join us!
https://mixer.com/team/RedDeadForums

What is Mixer streaming?
Mixer is a streaming service like Twitch or Youtube which was acquired by Microsoft last year. Since then it has been started to be integrated into the Xbox One console as well as recent updates to Windows 10 PCs. What it may lack in current userbase and customisation of encoders etc to other options such as Twitch it more than makes up for in its simple and easy to use interface. Streaming has never been more accessible to the every day casual gamer.

Sounds great. What is a team used for though?
At this stage it doesn't seem like much but its just an easy way for you to see all your favourite streamers, see who is currently streaming, and be able to switch between them. I think a visual representation may help so check our this link.
As you can see we already have a few team members and you are free to click on each one and see what they are currently streaming. This feature is also used so that other gamers can see what teams you are on because if they like what you're streaming, the chances are they might like what the rest of your team are streaming.

Okay I'm sold, how do I join?
If you've got an Xbox Live account you're already half way there. You can use your Xbox Live account to log in straight away using those credentials. Otherwise just head to https://mixer.com/ and hit the SIGN UP button in the top right corner. Go through all the usual sign up steps (email, password, etc) and you'll be good to go. You can even link your Xbox gamertag up later if you want.

What's the point though? Where do you see all this leading?
Good question. As we get closer and closer to the eventual release of Red Dead Redemption 2, I have some big plans for organised multiplayer events and competitions. Along with streaming I can see a MASSIVE opportunity to show the world. Remember last game when you were organising matches and had to start taking photos on your phone of the winning page to prove you won? Imagine if you could just have an audience watching live and being able to watch the video back later. As Mixer will keep your streams for a period of time you can go back and rewatch that amazing headshot you did. Download it to your PC so you'll always have that moment to brag.
And of course, all the videos of stagecoat boating.

Do you have any quotes from someone who is new to Mixer?
Why yes I do. What a coincidence!
"It's a nice change of pace being able to have the streaming capabilities right on your dash" - @oasis17
"Streaming has never been more accessible to the every day casual gamer." - @Chalk
"You'll never get a quote out of me" - @Cheese (probably)

So sign up, check out our team and be ready to start streaming.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:11:56 PM by Chalk »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1141
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Join our Beam Stream Team!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:36:51 PM »
I really like it! I streamed for 3 hours and had no problems.  I thought that the quality and user interface was a lot better than Twitch! Very easy to set up.

I cannot wait until RDR2 to start recording all the fun possibilities!

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:59:36 PM »
The quality does seem very good and with Beam's FTL (Faster than light) technology there is almost no delay between actual gameplay and what the audience sees. It seems to be consistently less than 1 second. Makes it all the more easier to interact with the audience.

Seems that Microsoft have plans for Beam to be incorporated into Windows 10 as well. The latest updates have expanded on the game DVR and now it looks like you can broadcast the same way as on Xbox. I can't try it out as my GFX card is too old to be compatible with the codec, but any card released in the last 3-4 years would have a chance.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1548
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »
Can you only broadcast Windows Store games, or is it general purpose?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »
Can you only broadcast Windows Store games, or is it general purpose?

I believe its general purpose. Although I can't test it out myself just yet, I read somewhere about there being options to only show a game window or to show your entire desktop screens.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 05:56:46 PM »
Alright I will test it out, how do I join our team?

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 08:49:10 PM »
Alright I will test it out, how do I join our team?

I'm going to go ahead and assume you are the user Mozzarella who just followed me. I've sent you an invite to join.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:08:49 AM »
Oasis' quote is on point...

Offline oasis17

• TWO
  • Liked: 1295
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »

"HE'S LIKE A MAN WITH A FORK IN A WORLD OF SOUP." Noel Gallagher

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »
As this is for Windows 10 as well, I might sign up and do some streaming myself. Once I have my new pc and Windows 10 that is.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 05:03:53 AM »
As this is for Windows 10 as well, I might sign up and do some streaming myself. Once I have my new pc and Windows 10 that is.

Yeah same here once I upgrade in a few months time. My PC isn't capable of steaming from it at this point but once I upgrade I shouldn't have any issues.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1056
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 11:05:49 AM »
Dude, Beam is so last week. You need to get mixing!

http://m.windowscentral.com/beam-rebranded-mixer

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Сука Блять
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 11:11:11 AM »
I thought they changed it into a music mixing program for some reason.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »
Some awesome new features have come with the rebranding. The one that excites me the most is costreaming. You no longer need to use an external site to watch a multistream. Mixer has it built in. When costreaming both channels (or up to the 4 channels) have their chat merged and everyone from both channels are chatting to each other.

I'll do up a bit of a post later on about the other stuff.

Online will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1056
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 11:03:40 AM »
In the latest GameSpot E-mail i noticed an article about the rebranding of Beam to the new Mixer name and in that article was an inset videoclip ... while watching the clip i noticed about 14 seconds in a couple of posts in the chat from someone we know ... i'd recognize that rubic's cube anywhere ... lol ... here is the link for the web page with article ... 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsofts-twitch-rival-gets-a-new-name-co-streami/1100-6450321/?bt_alias=eyJ1c2VySWQiOiAiZjRjNDBjYzAtMTEzMC00MDlkLTlmY2QtNDA0MTFkNGQwY2U3In0%3D&utm_medium=email&utm_source=weekly_newsletter&utm_campaign=20160510

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Join our Mixer Stream Team!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention. Yeah I'm totally famous and in their promo video for Mixer. Although the chat that is shown there obvious isn't from the picture they've put there. They've photoshopped the co-streaming videos in.

I'll update the links in the first post too. I've also realised that my internet may just not be able to deal with such an upload speed from my PC. Which is weird because it works fine on the Xbox but maybe that's more optimised or something. I'll have to continue to play around.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:33:44 AM by Chalk »

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 04:49:58 AM »
I've now added the ability to put your Mixer (formerly Beam) channel name into your profile in the same way that you can list your Twitch and Youtube accounts.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1141
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
How do you add Mixer to your profile......I keep typing  www.mixer.com/Meleana66 but it's not working.

Nevermind...I figured it out...derp.  :-[

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 06:24:06 AM »
Okay, so someone tell me I'm crazy but I have ordered an Elgato capture card (the internal card) for use so I can easily stream from Xbox/PS4/Whatever with all of my overlays etc instead of the built in app. For the record I love the app and love how accessible its making streaming for everyone but I am thinking about doing some proper streaming in my spare time, and in order to use overlays and bots etc I need to stream from my PC. This however has one main issue, and that is that my upload speed is currently not good enough for streaming in FTL. This should be fixed sometime in the coming months as my internet gets upgraded as part of a national rollout but for the time being I will have to see how I go with just streaming with the 20s or so delay which Twitch and other platforms have.

Oh, and I've also ordered a green screen off eBay. This is when you know I may have gone too far.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 08:45:26 AM »
Chalks Broadcasting Network ???