Username: Password:

Author Topic: Your suggestions are wanted!  (Read 777 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Your suggestions are wanted!
« on: April 26, 2017, 07:17:20 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm gonna be completley open and honest about this. The runnings costs of the site are moderately large and up until this point I've really tried very hard to cover them myself. I've even experimented with having ads to try and generate revenue, which didn't work out. Although I can just about continue the way it is and just get by, but thats not what I want to do. I want to eventually be able to get some items from the Rockstar Warehouse to use are prizes and giveaways. However, these things don't come for free (most of the time).

We have had a donation system set up which you have been able to use for a couple of years now, however in the last couple years it hasn't seen any activity. This is obviously because at the moment there are no incentives to donate. So here's where this topic comes in.

What would you like to see as incentives to donate?

You can suggest anything you like, although for the sake of it, try to make it reasonable. You're not going to take over the site for a week, or win a trip Australia. Let us know so we can discuss it and come up with some great incentives for donations.

Thanks team!

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: Your suggestions are wanted!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
How much is it per month? PM if you want to.

I would like my name in blue :P

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »
Btw, I think the link to PayPal is broken.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
How much is it per month? PM if you want to.

I would like my name in blue :P

Its approx $55 USD a month for the server, and then another 10-20 every 2 years for the domain. What I'm attempting to do is cover most of these costs, and if possible build a base with which I can use to buy various items from the Rockstar Warehouse as they become available. Possibly even use some of it for advertising purposes around release date to drive traffic too.

Btw, I think the link to PayPal is broken.

Should all be sorted now.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1141
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »
What? No trip to Australia???? I'm done...c'ya!  LOL, just kidding!

How about a gift card to Gamestop, Amazon, Xbox, playstation!  For x amount of dollars you get a $5 card and then it increases along with the donation amount.  Lifetime donor gets a free game or console accessory....controller, headset....whatever is feasible for you though.

Edit:  Actually, I don't think any of those gift cards can be loaded with less than $15.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:34:48 PM by Mrs Marston »

Online silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 615
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:17:52 PM »
What's the long term plan to keep he forum afloat? Do you hope to raise more from advertising once the place is busy again and/or that more people will donate?

Obviously for a while now there has only been a handful of us around the place and while I'm happy to make a donation, as much as I enjoy visiting the site,  I'm sorry to say that it won't be a regular occurrence.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 08:48:13 PM »
What's the long term plan to keep he forum afloat? Do you hope to raise more from advertising once the place is busy again and/or that more people will donate?

Obviously for a while now there has only been a handful of us around the place and while I'm happy to make a donation, as much as I enjoy visiting the site,  I'm sorry to say that it won't be a regular occurrence.

Long term I think it will be okay. Hopefully through the added traffic some are inclined to donate as I don't see advertising being a sustainable revenue stream. The returns are just so low for the most part. Most of what I am trying to cover at the moment comes from trying to build a base with which I can use to buy giveaways for events and promotional activity around the forum. Once we have the activity towards the release date I don't see it being as big of an issue.

I've stated it before but I'll say it again. Its much preferable to have 20 people giving $2 donations on a consistent basis than it is having a couple of one off $20 donations. Not that either wouldn't as appreciated as the other.