Username: Password:

Author Topic: Explanation of the recent downtime  (Read 166 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 800
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Explanation of the recent downtime
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »
So you may have noticed that the site had been down for most of the last couple of days. I feel that I should enlighten you as to the cause behind it and any effects that may be felt from it.

So firstly the cause seems to be that a couple of the tables got corrupted and would not repair. You may have noticed this in the error message that appears that "smf_settings is invalid file type". There was also another table which only contains the active sessions and therefore was not all that important to keep as the worst case scenario is that you may need to re-login to the site. After going back and forth with the host they were also unable to fix the issue and so asked if I could restore from a backup. Now seeing as doing a full restore would of taken us back a bit in terms of messages etc. So instead I chose to choose an older backup, but only importing the table I needed.

As the settings don't often change there shouldn't be too many issues, but if you come across any errors, or features that appear to be bugged or missing entirely please let me know as some of them may have relied on changes to settings which occurred after this backup was taken.

Sorry for the downtime and thanks to those who sent messages to us on Facebook etc to let us know there were issues. Thanks for you patience.

Chalk

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3922
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Explanation of the recent downtime
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:26:01 AM »
The default banner is now the GTAV banner (log out and you'll see what I mean)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:38:33 AM »
The default banner is now the GTAV banner (log out and you'll see what I mean)

Gives you an idea of when the settings were taken from. I've forced everyone back onto the Red Dead Redemption theme. If you desire you can still change it on your own accord.

Offline ReidHeqe

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Explanation of the recent downtime
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:48:43 AM »
Very glad to have TTC back but I have a question.

Was this a system hiccup or a deliberate attack?
I was advised this mt4 expert advisor for self-earnings

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »
Very glad to have TTC back but I have a question.

Was this a system hiccup or a deliberate attack?

Just a hiccup. It happens sometimes so thats why we have fairly regular backups.