Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Trailer #2  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Trailer #2
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
I'm hoping we get dual-wielding crocodiles!

that's a mod to be installed on first DLC

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5584
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »
I saw a knife :)

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1039
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »
Knife-play has summoned the Jester!

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1136
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »
John's mother died in childbirth, so that can't be him.
Well, they could change it.....maybe?  I can't remember, did John say that in the game or is it only from the Wiki site I keep hearing about? Who else would that be for them to show it in the trailer?  Red Harlow? Red wasn't around during that time. But, I bet they could write that in if they wanted to....just like changing how John's parents died. To me, John's past was made very vague in RDR. I guess we will find out soon enough.......

P.S. Rockstar can go later than May. Spring goes until June 21st!
Hey, why do you have to bust my bubble?!  LOL!

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »
It could just be someone random, it does showcase the main character's personality so it's a good choice even if it isn't anyone special. John could still be in it either way.

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 03:17:20 PM »
I just keep trying to spot an illiterate Scot  ;)  Johns father.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1136
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »
Yes, it does! This Morgan fellow is a badass!

I do hope that they include John somewhere in this new game. Maybe they are not making it clear just yet because they don't want to spoil the surprise of how he is introduced into the game.  And, to be honest, I don't want it spoiled.

Is it spring yet......

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 03:27:48 PM »
I can't find anything definitive, but it's listed all over as true. John's voice actor retired from the business I read, so is he out of retirement or will we get a younger sound-alike if he's in this game?

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »
Lets try and put RDR2 behind us now, before we all go insane.

focus on playing Detective with the release of L.A Noire on PS4.Xbox1....... and maybe even a version of Bully or Max Payne thrown in for fan appreciation.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 815
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »
Lets try and put RDR2 behind us now, before we all go insane.

Oh its far too late to prevent THAT.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 05:09:07 AM »
Uf, main dude's voice is annoying and doesn't fit him at all... Facial animation at 0:35 & 1:08 looks just wrong. I don't know... don't want to me a party pooper, but I don't think this trailer is very impressive.

I feel like it's just showing off fancy scenery, which is undoubtably a big part of the game, but if you compare this trailer to RDR1's second trailer, there's a much greater focus on the characters. And also, check out Marshal Johnson's animation at 1:06, that's 8 years older, but 10x better than Arthur Morgan's facial animation...

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 07:53:15 AM »
Nothing to worry about! They have the facial animators from mass effect:andromeda working on it. So...

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 608
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »
I have to agree that this trailer just didn't get me excited like I'd hoped. I'm sure the game will be fantastic though, although I seem to have taken an instant dislike to the main guy (I just don't like his face).

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5496
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »
Nothing to worry about! They have the facial animators from mass effect:andromeda working on it. So...

Great, we will all be smiling from ear to .... err.... upper lip.

<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Shovelhead

• Born to Lose
  • Liked: 5
  • Live to Win
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
I'm really excited by this! I totally forgot yesterday was Thursday, thought it was Wednesday. Anyways, I had the itch to do some hunting and was playing Red Dead. Then I went on youtube to research something about it and there was the new trailer.

I thought it was beautiful. The game looks like it covers so much ground. We see swamps and a plantation-like mansion, maybe Louisiana? A desert-like town similar to Armadillo, possibly Texas (New Austin). There are prairies like Kansas or Nebraska, a Tall Trees-like area that looks a lot like Colorado. But my favorite looking one besides the swampy area is the deep snow covered mountain area. That's possibly the Rocky Mountains, maybe even bordering the state of San Andreas. Maybe we can see Mount Chiliad off in the distance? So with all of that geography, I can see a massive map incoming. Lots of places to explore!

The animals look amazing too. I cant wait to go hunting! I want to be able to bait the water's edge and shoot a Gator with a bow and arrow. Hunting is my favorite part of single player. It's relaxing to me to go on a big hunt and net 30,000 dollars or more at a time. I hope to see more hunting challenges too.

Speaking of bow and arrow, I'm excited for that too. That was something I begged for in the last game. I love quiet stealth weapons and hope to see a bigger focus on stealth missions. In Redemption, I loved the mission where you high jack the train using the throwing knives. Hope to see more of that. Then there is dual-wielding. I cant wait to use that as well. Although in real life it is inaccurate as hell... Ever tried to do it? You cant hit shit.

I like the main character so far. I like the fact that he's obviously a "bad" guy and is so without apology. We see him so far intimidate, extort, maim, and kill without batting an eye. I like that. Don't get me wrong, Marston is probably my favorite game hero of all time and I loved playing as him. But I really love being the bad guy. I felt like there was no other choice but to be good in Redemption. There were a few missions where you could make the bad guy choice, but it didn't fit the character. I cant wait to be the gun slinging outlaw. I'd rather be Darth Vader to Luke, The Joker to Batman, or Negan to Rick. I think this game may fill those needs and I like it.

Then there is Dutch. I heard his voice and my ears perked up immediately.  I started flipping out like I did in '96 when I got my N64. I loved Dutch and his outlook on life. He looks cool as shit too. In that fancy vest with his hair all curly and slicked back. It also confirmed that this will be a prequel.

The big elephant in the room is Marston. Where is he? Seeing as the guy who voiced him said he'd never do it again and lives happily on his farm in real life, he probably wont be in it. Maybe mentioned. Maybe this game takes place right after the gang leaves him and this is the last days of the gang. Maybe set around 1907 or 1908?

It seems to like there are many "heist" type missions like in GTAV. We see train robbery and bank robbery. I hope they follow the GTAV template with the heists. I loved setting them up the way I chose to and seeing them come to fruition.

Sorry for such a long post, but I have watched this about 20 times frame by frame. One more bonus thing I noticed... Fully animated horse balls. Yep. Fully animated horse balls. They swing about realistically. The fully animated horse scrotum puts it over the top for sure.

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3924
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to flee to Mexico Biggest Perv 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »
I have to agree that this trailer just didn't get me excited like I'd hoped. I'm sure the game will be fantastic though, although I seem to have taken an instant dislike to the main guy (I just don't like his face).

It's a baby face that they combined with a forced deep voice. It just doesn't work... Marston's grizzly face went well with his voice-actor, it was convincing. When I hear this new Morgan's voice, I picture someone like Sam Elliot/Landon Ricketts, but instead they present a baby-faced pooch. The dude needs some facial hair... Perhaps the game will include a barber's shop where you can give him a beard or moustache, I think that would help...

Fully animated horse balls. Yep. Fully animated horse balls. They swing about realistically. The fully animated horse scrotum puts it over the top for sure.

You got a screenshot (or better yet a GIF)? I don't really feel like skimming through a video searching for an animated horse scrotum...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:18:56 AM by convex airplane »

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 10:37:19 AM »
I dig the scene of them robbing the train at night.  Total reference to the assassination of jesse james.  That alone gets me excited.  You know they will have some awesome western references.

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2017, 12:39:00 PM »
As Rockstar are making us wait (again) for the release of there latest game, they can at least add some outfits from RDR2 into GTA Online.

Offline mintyOnion

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »

Fully animated horse balls. Yep. Fully animated horse balls. They swing about realistically. The fully animated horse scrotum puts it over the top for sure.

You got a screenshot (or better yet a GIF)? I don't really feel like skimming through a video searching for an animated horse scrotum...

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 608
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
I hope the horse testicles look more realistic that the horse faces.

It's a baby face that they combined with a forced deep voice. It just doesn't work... Marston's grizzly face went well with his voice-actor, it was convincing. When I hear this new Morgan's voice, I picture someone like Sam Elliot/Landon Ricketts, but instead they present a baby-faced pooch. The dude needs some facial hair... Perhaps the game will include a barber's shop where you can give him a beard or moustache, I think that would help...

I also though Arthur could do with a bit of facial hair. Here's hoping you have the option to add it/let it grow.