Username: Password:

Author Topic: What the?  (Read 741 times)

Offline Lasher_777

• Shooting Star
  • Liked: 93
  • You're supposed to play inverted.
    • View Profile
    • Bounty Hunters 013
    • Awards
What the?
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
These days I sometimes dust off the old PS3 and wow... Crazy. People are invisible in hardcore free Roam, but then message me attacking that I'm glitching and invisible... Tonight at MacFarlane ranch there's about 10 Lawmen lying on the ground... I threw dynamite in and everything slowed down... I'm level 17 and just upgrade to 23 just watching the screen... None of the Lawman died just shoot them on the ground. I've never seen anything like or. After leveling up six times in a few seconds the game crashes and back to cross menu. [youtube]https://youtu.be/zSWq0nMgJEw/[youtube]

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1137
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What the?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
Yup, this has been going on for a couple of years now on both consoles.  All thanks to the modders who have pretty much taken over the servers. They have corrupted the game with some kind of virus. They fix the virus as they please and then all the modding wars and drama start up again....they get pissed off at each other trying to see who has the best mods or who can freeze the fastest...and then they bring back the virus.  All the while, the normal players who just want to play the game suffer because of them.  What is sad is that any new player that comes in trying the game out for the first time thinks that this is the norm and doesn't get to experience the real game and how it is supposed to be played.

I can't even bring myself to play RDR anymore because I am disgusted that my FAVE game of all time is ruined.  I was soooo happy when RDR became playable on the One....I thought, now I am finally able to record all the stuff I couldn't when I was on the 360!  It's not the same anymore unfortunately.  So, I wait............for RDR2.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What the?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:59:03 PM »
Be disgusted at Rockstar for ditching the game, because they can make money on GTA Online. Meaning that’s why there has been no additional story’s for single player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1137
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »
Ferg, the game is almost 8 years old!  Do you really think that Rockstar would have wasted their time on coming up with a patch that will still be broken by modders?? Now, after all this time? They have been working on RDR2 (hopefully just putting on the finishing touches as we speak) Hopefully taking what they have learned from RDR and GTA5 and how modders are affecting the servers that they will make RDR2 impossible to mod (highly doubt it though).  I so hoped that they would have made a remastered version of RDR and that possibly would have fixed the virus, but we didn't get that unfortunately.

Way past time to move on from RDR and hope for a much better game in RDR2.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 780
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »
They give up with RDR on Day 1 of GTA........... Rockstar never fecked off GTA4 when Red Dead was out in 2010.

2 different style games kept running until one of them had a sequel.

Offline Beholla_220

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 200
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 09:57:38 AM »
Yeh and even still there's always a few dozen people on regardless of the horrible status of the servers. Can only imagine how many would be on if it worked properly...
I've heard more than once that the coding for RDR is a mess, and maybe the current devs have tried to fix it and can't figure it out? Who knows. Wish they would keep trying/try to fix it though!

:p

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 816
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 06:19:11 PM »
Yeh and even still there's always a few dozen people on regardless of the horrible status of the servers. Can only imagine how many would be on if it worked properly...
I've heard more than once that the coding for RDR is a mess, and maybe the current devs have tried to fix it and can't figure it out? Who knows. Wish they would keep trying/try to fix it though!

Yeah, I did hear one day that the code is a mess. Hoping that its not the case for RDR2.