Username: Password:

Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 296 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 814
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Escape from Tarkov
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
So lately I've been looking at this new game. Its currently due for release later this year but I've been able to play it during its closed beta stage going on.

Its a kind of survival game with aspects of Arma and DayZ. You build you character, go on a raid to loot places and people you kill. If you die, you lose all your stuff but if you can extract with it you get to keep it all for future raids.

The biggest thing is that its super difficult and hyper realistic. A few shots is enough to kill, with potential to bleed out over time if you don't bandage. You can get broken bones and have to splint them, or drink water to avoid dehydration. You can break weapons down and change them up right down to a modular level. Just everything about this game is trying to make you feel like you could die at any moment. Even when you shoot a weapon the gas escaping causes a bit of a blur effect down the sights.

Check out some videos of it if you can.

The biggest issue at the moment is that matchmaking and getting into a map takes an excruciatingly long time. Until they add more servers this will be the case but they recently did a stress test so that is obviously a work in progress.

Offline Beholla_220

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 199
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 06:15:00 PM »
I seen some video of it looks like fun.

:p

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:51 PM »
I've been keeping an eye on it for a while now. It's looks interesting, but it's another case of not having the PC for it. Maybe I ought to invest.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:14:39 AM »
I've been keeping an eye on it for a while now. It's looks interesting, but it's another case of not having the PC for it. Maybe I ought to invest.

Most certainly. I will totally play games with you and send you noots.

Online Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1547
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »
I'm sure our first rate internet infrastructure will ensure those noots cross the pacific ocean with ease.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 08:33:32 PM »
I'm sure our first rate internet infrastructure will ensure those noots cross the pacific ocean with ease.

You and your infrastructure from this century.....