Username: Password:

Author Topic: Regular tournaments for RDR2  (Read 770 times)

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 819
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regular tournaments for RDR2
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »
Hey guys,

How would you guys feel if we ran regular tournaments/events for RDR2? As some of you know I have also recently been exploring streaming and have really fallen in love with the streaming community, particularly on Mixer. Part of my idea would be to have some events streamed via peoples Xbox's or Playstation consoles. Specific details will have to be worked out once we know more info on RDR2.

What I want to ask is how would you guys feel if we used a third party site like http://challonge.com to help organise the tournament brackets etc? For instance, if you to go http://challonge.com/19cqw0z0 and sign up to my "test" tournament you will see how it works. Could be a useful tool if we can ever run large scale tournaments. With the popularity of eSports booming I think there is a great opportunity for those who want to hone their skills in the new game.

Thoughts?

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5499
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regular tournaments for RDR2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:00:06 AM »
Hey guys,

How would you guys feel if we ran regular tournaments/events for RDR2? As some of you know I have also recently been exploring streaming and have really fallen in love with the streaming community, particularly on Mixer. Part of my idea would be to have some events streamed via peoples Xbox's or Playstation consoles. Specific details will have to be worked out once we know more info on RDR2.

What I want to ask is how would you guys feel if we used a third party site like http://challonge.com to help organise the tournament brackets etc? For instance, if you to go http://challonge.com/19cqw0z0 and sign up to my "test" tournament you will see how it works. Could be a useful tool if we can ever run large scale tournaments. With the popularity of eSports booming I think there is a great opportunity for those who want to hone their skills in the new game.

Thoughts?

I was just talking with Alphapug about this the other day, for example RRR and MM had a friendly series of games and it was competitive and fun, I would have loved to have streamed that to the wider RDR community at the time, I can foresee scheduled events, tournaments, stagecoach boating, poker, you name it being streamed and promoted via the forum. 
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1141
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:48:05 PM »
I would definitely love to be part of regular events and streaming!  Anything where I can get together with friends hopefully on Xbox!

Not too sure about the third party site. Couldn't we just use the Red Dead Forums Club on Xbox? Well, I guess I could see it being very useful for both platforms if there's a good number of players interested in doing the whole tournament/event/streaming idea.

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 11:21:48 AM »
I would definitely love to be part of regular events and streaming!  Anything where I can get together with friends hopefully on Xbox!

Not too sure about the third party site. Couldn't we just use the Red Dead Forums Club on Xbox? Well, I guess I could see it being very useful for both platforms if there's a good number of players interested in doing the whole tournament/event/streaming idea.

The site is mostly for the ease of creating the tournament bracket/league table and matches etc. Rather than trying to control that myself via Excel etc. Its more for the "show" if we were to try and live stream some of the tournaments.

Does anyone have any ideas on what they would like to see for events and tournaments?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1141
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
I guess it's hard to say specifically what we would like to see until RDR2 actually comes out. But, in general I would imagine that there will be some kind of competitions....death matches, shootouts or whatever missions they will have.  It's really exciting that we will be able to do so much more than we ever did with the old RDR as far as live streaming goes. I mean, the sky's the limit on what we can do now! For fun events, maybe we can have some kind of boat races (highly doubt that we will be able to do any stagecoach boating, but who knows?) along with horse racing.  I remember that we did a scavenger hunt with the old RDR (just showing pictures). We could really expand on that maybe doing a co-stream on mixer, splitting up into teams to see who finds what first.  If it's not true that they are going to have a battle royale mode.....we could create our own maybe if we get enough people together and start it up in a private session.  I remember seeing videos of old RDR footage where you guys had events called "shotgun house" and another where you had a tournament fighting using only knives.  I kinda missed all that...it looked like so much fun!  So, I hope we can do all that and so much more as soon as we get more info from Rockstar.....SOON!!

Edit:   Just saw this on the Rockstar newswire and Facebook!  https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60360/Crew-Cut-REBL-Olympics-2018?utm  They are also on Discord, Twitter and Reddit. So I guess it is a good idea to be on more than one type of social media to attract both members and viewers. 

I know it's GTA and all but I am sure we can come up with similar ideas for RDR2!  A western-style Olympic event involving horse racing, boating, wagons and stagecoaches, archery, fist fighting and other creative ideas!  One of their events was skeet shooting with sticky bombs....a stick of dynamite could replace the stickies! lol
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:02:17 PM by Mrs Marston »

Online will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1056
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 04:48:12 AM »
Dang Mrs M ... I can't believe you would leave out the most bestest fun thing to do in RDR ... Flower pick'n ...

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:04:05 AM »
I actually really enjoyed all the hunting animals and finding plants with a group. I remember when I was doing one of the challenges and I was buddied up with another 1-2 people looking for the same time of plants. We spent hours helping each other find them all.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5481
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 11:23:44 AM »
It was that kind of kindness that made the game so great :)

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 786
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 01:09:19 PM »
Duelling tournaments:

Revolver vs Bow & Arrow ? 

would you stand a chance with an arrow. 

Offline Chalk

• We can rebuild him!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »
Duelling tournaments:

Revolver vs Bow & Arrow ? 

would you stand a chance with an arrow. 

Depends if that first shot misses. Also would like to see if the bow and arrow was a one hit kill for most humans.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 786
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 05:49:05 PM »
We all know that headshot is a straight kill from RDR1