Username: Password:

Author Topic: Xbox One Alpha Ring Update Re: Mixer  (Read 227 times)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1155
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Xbox One Alpha Ring Update Re: Mixer
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this.  Mixer is fairly new to most of us and I know that some of us have been testing it out.  There has been more discussion regarding streaming and trying to get people interested as we get closer to RDR2's release! I really hope we can get people together to make this happen.....hoping some older members return to the forums and/or gaming in general as well as attract new members.

Anyway, I was about to turn on my Xbox aaaand there's an update (damn alpha preview program) that's like 3.5GB!!!  I was hoping that it included the new avatars they announced last year, so I tried searching on the internet for what this new update might include and found this:

A New Level of Mixer Interactivity

Introducing a new form of Mixer interactivity: Share controller. Now Mixer streamers on Xbox One have the option of sharing their controller with a Mixer viewer who is watching through Mixer.com. Streamers can share their entire controller (except the Xbox button) in the Xbox game they are playing, and a viewer can take control through the on-screen gamepad or by plugging a controller into their PC. Viewer and streamer can work together in the game, or the viewer can cause trouble – resulting in hilarious chaos. It's your choice!

Full article here: https://www.windowscentral.com/new-xbox-one-preview-build-spring-update

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Xbox One Alpha Ring Update Re: Mixer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:58:31 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this.  Mixer is fairly new to most of us and I know that some of us have been testing it out.  There has been more discussion regarding streaming and trying to get people interested as we get closer to RDR2's release! I really hope we can get people together to make this happen.....hoping some older members return to the forums and/or gaming in general as well as attract new members.

Anyway, I was about to turn on my Xbox aaaand there's an update (damn alpha preview program) that's like 3.5GB!!!  I was hoping that it included the new avatars they announced last year, so I tried searching on the internet for what this new update might include and found this:

A New Level of Mixer Interactivity

Introducing a new form of Mixer interactivity: Share controller. Now Mixer streamers on Xbox One have the option of sharing their controller with a Mixer viewer who is watching through Mixer.com. Streamers can share their entire controller (except the Xbox button) in the Xbox game they are playing, and a viewer can take control through the on-screen gamepad or by plugging a controller into their PC. Viewer and streamer can work together in the game, or the viewer can cause trouble – resulting in hilarious chaos. It's your choice!

Full article here: https://www.windowscentral.com/new-xbox-one-preview-build-spring-update

This is one of the many reason I love Mixer as a platform, over say, Twitch. They are constantly thinking outside the box to make improvements to their platform to benefit streams, viewers and the wider community. Sure, some of these things might be a bit niche, such as the games which allow direct interactivity within games such as Killing Floor 2 and Hello Neighbour where viewers can choose to either help or hurt the player/streamer.