Username: Password:

Author Topic: Blackwater Massacre of 1899  (Read 553 times)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Blackwater Massacre of 1899
« on: May 03, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »
This is from the Red Dead Wiki and is nothing new but I don't think I've ever read it unless it's a new entry. It will be interesting to see how many characters they will include in this prequel. Maybe Ricketts will be in the game!

The Blackwater Massacre was a bloody gunfight that took place in the town of Blackwater in 1899. The actual cause of the gunfight remains a mystery. The massacre gained wide publicity due to the amount of men killed and the fact that it took place in such a highly populated and modernized town.

Cause
Not much is known about the cause of the battle, only that it involved several lawmen and outlaws. This is likely due to the fact that most of the civilians present didn't know what started the battle and the police have since covered up most of the story. It is possible that much of the story has changed over time and the massacre is known as more of a myth than an actual event because of the mystery surrounding it.

Casualties
According to accounts of the incident, as many as 37 men were killed, consisting of 22 outlaws and 15 members of the Blackwater Police Department. Although no exact number is known, it is believed that civilian casualties were minimal.

It is fairly possible that Cole MacFarlane, one of Bonnie MacFarlane's late brothers, was one of the victims of the massacre. The evidence behind this is that early in the game, Bonnie says that her brothers died either from foolish choices or sickness. Seeing as how Cole died in 1899 from a bullet wound in the head, it is possible that he was involved in the Massacre.

Survivors
Landon Ricketts is supposedly one of the only surviving lawman of the incident. The massacre apparently led him to move south of the border to Chuparosa. His status as one of the only survivors has made him popular and given him a legendary status through West Elizabeth and beyond. Judging by the quotes of Willie Oats, he too could have been a survivor.

Trivia
Willie Oats is believed to have survived the Blackwater Massacre, as he states "I'm never going back to Blackwater especially after what happened in 1899."

Offline thewordismarc

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Blackwater Massacre of 1899
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 02:34:09 PM »
Hi Ma'am

Hope you don't take offence to this but I have mentioned you within a video I recently uploaded quoting this idea right here. I thought it was an awesome find.

https://youtu.be/7MN2AobCzc4

This forum is linked and you are given credit. I will be following rdrii and releasing all the latest news I can find as time goes on with longer videos (currently waiting for a SSD to help me render longer videos) I'd love it of you and company  would up on me on the Dusty Trail.

Much love.

OutlawsIITheEnd

- TheWordIsMarc

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 637
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
Aup, is that a brummie accent I detect? Alright Bab?

If that video gets millions of views then you need to pay Mrs M her share of the ad revenue so that she can buy a PS4.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1561
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »
You will have to pay a tax to the forum staff as well. Since Chalk is Australian and I'm American you will have to pay a double tariff on top of that. I expect the check within 2 weeks.

Offline thewordismarc

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »
Haha Yeah you got me.

I hope the vids take off but who knows I'm just going to keep it up as a hobbie and for those who are interested can hopefully join the ride.

Unfortunately, I can't use Adsense to earn. The adverts are because Take Two Interactive hit me with a copyright infringement so the adverts are there for that reason. Otherwise you could have your share Mrs Marston.

As for Forum tax. I think that's a stretch. I mean say I was to get a million views. That's at least half of that audience coming here to see the forum. I should charge for Forum promotion. Lol.

If that video gets millions of views then you need to pay Mrs M her share of the ad revenue so that she can buy a PS4.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1134
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:05:59 PM »
The Phoenix Templars will be alerted.

Haha Yeah you got me.

I hope the vids take off but who knows I'm just going to keep it up as a hobbie and for those who are interested can hopefully join the ride.

Unfortunately, I can't use Adsense to earn. The adverts are because Take Two Interactive hit me with a copyright infringement so the adverts are there for that reason. Otherwise you could have your share Mrs Marston.

As for Forum tax. I think that's a stretch. I mean say I was to get a million views. That's at least half of that audience coming here to see the forum. I should charge for Forum promotion. Lol.

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1561
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:06:47 PM »
Fool! You are not to utter that name!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:34:51 PM by Cheese »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 08:09:09 PM »
Sile, you are too funny! But, I like how you think!

I am flattered, but I can't take any credit (or revenue) as the Wiki entry is not mine. I was simply passing along the info in case someone was interested in reading about it.

Offline thewordismarc

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 04:11:09 AM »
Sile, you are too funny! But, I like how you think!

I am flattered, but I can't take any credit (or revenue) as the Wiki entry is not mine. I was simply passing along the info in case someone was interested in reading about it.
But that was something that I hadn't of thought of to do at that point. Haha.
Very smart. I need to expand on the idea of that at some point.

But I feel it could definitely be within RDR2. Especially with the cops shutting down all the information on the case. Morgan and some others could've gone back to Blackwater for the showdown while Dutch and John amongst Williamson and more go in their directions.

If Morgan is this badass outlaw that everything is referring to him as. I'm pretty sure he is going to fight to the end. Especially if it means his own being taken from him.

If it's all okay with the RDRForum.Net community, I'll stick around and share some of your conversations. If I can't build an audience they may just come through here too.

Online Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5571
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 07:26:43 AM »

If it's all okay with the RDRForum.Net community, I'll stick around and share some of your conversations. If I can't build an audience they may just come through here too.

Of course stick around, we hope to see a lot more activity closure to launch, hopefully when the game play video drops.

(I have a theory that John will end up killing Arthur (maybe trying to protect Dutch?) who knows stranger things have happened.
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline thewordismarc

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »

Of course stick around, we hope to see a lot more activity closure to launch, hopefully when the game play video drops.

(I have a theory that John will end up killing Arthur (maybe trying to protect Dutch?) who knows stranger things have happened.
Thanks. I just downloaded that tapatalk app to access the site easier. I'll definitely keep pushing to promote this place, though I can't guarantee the audience I'll pick up. Working a job and YouTube can be a difficulty compared to being a full career tuber.  That and when u try to export a 33 minute video and it takes way too long so you have to reassess the plan to Release it lol.

I definitely wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. My mind set on that whole situation is John could've idolized Morgan as the leader in some respect. But the part which gives me doubt on that is after reading that RDR2 is very much an extension on the stories of John and Dutch. While Morgan is pretty much a separate entity who we can experience their relationship through third hand.

There's also something else I find interesting. Everyone is so quick to assume Morgan is speaking to John in the third trailer when he says when the time comes run and never look back.. that very well could be three others too potentially in my mind. Though I'll admit, John is the obvious answer.