Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fired up my PS3 and played some Red Dead, does it hold up?  (Read 107 times)

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 186
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fired up my PS3 and played some Red Dead, does it hold up?
« on: June 07, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
With the Red Dead Redemption 2 hype train a-rollin', I decided to fire up the first game. Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game of the last console generation, and despite showing it's age (Rockstar games tend not to age very well anyways), most of the missions being pretty meh, and the AI being downright retarted, it still holds up as one of my favorite games. The atmosphere is still as great as ever and the gunplay is still very satisfying, even if the AI doesn't like to take cover :P. Coming from GTA Online on the P4, the MP doesn't quite hold up as much, but it's still alright.
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 610
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fired up my PS3 and played some Red Dead, does it hold up?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:30:13 PM »
I did the same thing myself a couple of weeks ago having not played RDR in about 3 years or more.

I gotta say that I did immediately notice the graphics were not as I remembered them but I guess that’s to be expected. It’s still great fun and I’ll be playing a bit of multiplayer again over the weekend I’m sure.

• I'm your huckleberry.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »
Hardcore MP on PS3 is pretty much a ghost town, so you're better off going into normal free roam.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1042
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »
Yeah, I’ve been playing some since it got updated on the X and it is still a fantastic game, but it has a few liver spots here and there. Nothing that keeps me from enjoying it. The biggest thing I notice is the awkward movement of your character. Even max Payne feels like you’re on wheels compared to trying to aim John through a doorway. Game like Tomb Raider and uncharted have such a smooth movement with animations for grabbing walls and squeezing through small openings. I’d like to see that improved.

• I'm your huckleberry.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:56:35 PM »
I think there's two recent open world games that every other needs to take notes; Breath of the Wild and The Witcher III, Red Dead 2 included. Not saying it should go full on RPG, but in terms of meaningful side quests, not locking game mechanics within certain missions, and some other stuff.