Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Day Party  (Read 507 times)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 828
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Day Party
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 09:49:18 PM »
I am sure they will release more information soon but I know other games I've played have the actual date you can predownload from is significantly earlier. Usually 3-5 days at least.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 875
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 08:23:38 PM »
Pre-order here through Amazon for Xbone.  Title is available for pre-install now, to be available to play 10/23.  I just want to get my feet wet in SP before I get myself massacred in MP.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5602
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 08:23:10 AM »
I am running a haunted house at my school on release day so I'm gonna be late to the party. Hoping Amazon "screws" and sends it early.

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 875
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
OK, now I'm totally confused.  I have two emails from Amazon that says the release date is Oct 23, but everywhere else I look, the date is Oct 26.
I can't find anywhere that Ultimate Ed. came with early access, but maybe it did?

I've already downloaded and installed, so I guess I'll start mashing the button on the 23rd and see what happens.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline Subovon

• My hat hurts
  • Liked: 47
  • I'm on a boat.
    • View Profile
    • The Definitive Guide To Stagecoach Boating in Red Dead Redemption
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 10:00:30 PM »
Indeed :) The bar is set high... Maybe too high?

There really was something special about RDR Online and I think we have to be prepared for RDR2 being very different. Part of me is OK with it because RDR is a time capsule for me. It's a personal thing but after living as a grown up for a while, RDR is the game that turned me into a gamer. Most gamers are made before they turn 5. At last I got to be one before I turned 50.

Anyway, I'm so worried about R* $-gating all the good content in RDR2 Online that I already decided I'm happy with the game if the single player is an awesome Choose-Your-Own Adventure game. I believe it will be. If R* monetizes RDR2O like Rocket League or Fortnite - that style of cosmetics shop, I think we have it made in the shade, boys!

Finally, at this late point, I just want R* to let us know if the R* Editor will be included? I'm kinda assuming it will be but man, if I fire it up on Thursday night and I don't see it, I'm gonna end up drinking 4x more beer to drown my sorrow and I'll feel like hell the next morning.

Online Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1071
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 11:41:38 PM »
I agree about the cosmetics. I play a ton of Overwatch and they’ve nailed it in my opinion. You can unlock cosmetics by earning loot boxes by playing the game, or buy bundles of the exact same loot boxes with real money. There is no weapon, power up, skill or perk in any loot box. All items are skins, sprays, emotes, etc.. no advantage whatsoever. People love cosmetics and some pay money to get them faster and the rest of us have gotten all new maps and modes at zero cost. I do like that Rockstar has said that they won’t fragment the player base like in RDR, so I’m grateful for that.