Username: Password:

Author Topic: How do you feel about the timeline placement?  (Read 56 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2544
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How do you feel about the timeline placement?
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »
We’ve known it’s been a prequel for a while now, but here recently it was revealed that Jack Marston is in the game. This means it takes place not so long before the events of RDR.  Like right before it almost. 

I’m excited regardless, but I was really hoping to go further back into the old west.  When the Indian wars were happening, when it was all young and fresh and the West was still truly wild.  The one thing that bugged me about RDR was that it seemed to be the end of the era, and it seems they are going for the same theme again - the end of dutch and his gang’s freedom.  They are being hunted and it’s the end of the line.

Are you happy with less of a time jump than expected and more of a direct prequel?

Offline silebyboy

• هذا هو في اللغة العربية
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 614
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How do you feel about the timeline placement?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:28:30 AM »
As long as the story is solid, gamesplay is good and there is a nice variation in the different areas to keep things interesting, I’m fine with it.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1141
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:24:18 PM »
Yes and no....I, too, was kinda hoping for a real good old western story with different characters. But, I was also interested in how Dutch's gang started and the complete story of John Marston. So I am glad that they went with a small time jump back to make this a prequel. Now if they made it a sequel with only Jack....that would be very disappointing to me because they would have to go to a time around the year 1915-1920, a time when it would be too modernized.

Who knows? Maybe for the next Red Dead game they might just go further back into the old West. Rockstar might as well keep the Red Dead franchise set during this time because, IMO, they are the only developer who has done the best with it. Is it too early to be thinking about the next Red Dead game? LOL!

Offline UvS Atlantis

• A free hunter.
  • Liked: 154
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:48:58 AM »
I agree with Mrs Marston.
I hoped to get far more back into the wild west but its also cool to see what exactly happened with the Dutch gang. And to see the young Marston and his family is more then I could hope for.
OLD Riflehand