Username: Password:

Author Topic: Possible fishing or swimming hinted at in RDR 2 in their latest info drop?  (Read 183 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2671
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Rockstar just released a tidbit that there are over 200 species in RDR2.  That is cool, but one thing in particular that caught my eye was this sturgeon.  A cool fish that can get pretty big IRL.  There are also some other fish behind it, including bass.

This makes me think, why bother being so detailed with your fish if you’re not going to be swimming or fishing?  It’s possible they’re just being detailed, I mean they made horse balls that shrink when it’s cold - but wouldn’t fishing be cool?  Hunting was already a big part of RDR and they have already stated that food and providing are an important part of camp life.  So it’s not unlikely that fishing will be present.

As an avid real life fisherman, this idea is pretty exciting.  Maybe some online fishing stats would even be cool, so I can live up to my name? :D

What do you think?

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1076
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Possible fishing or swimming hinted at in RDR 2 in their latest info drop?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
while i have not seen any images of swimming in RDR 2, i have seen these of in game fishing and paddling in a canoe ...

and although deep water was instant death in the original, i have seen wading through swamps and hunting some gators in RDR 2 ...

i'm sure Rock Star has even more surprises to come ... this last month of waiting is going to drag for sure ... so enjoy the fishing outlawfisherman, i know i will ...

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 640
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »
I’d welcome in game fishing, although I’ve had mixed feelings about it in the past. Fishing in Ocarina of time was great but in Stardew Valley, it was boring. I imagine that Rockstar will nail it though.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2671
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
Yeah I had just posted this when IGN posted the fishing pics lol

I’d welcome in game fishing, although I’ve had mixed feelings about it in the past. Fishing in Ocarina of time was great but in Stardew Valley, it was boring. I imagine that Rockstar will nail it though.

And yeah, OoT is a prime example of fun in game fishing.  Twilight princess had it too.  Tho TP wasn’t as good of a game, the fishing was fun.  It was sorely missing in breath of the wild.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1278
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
I was impressed by the fishing mechanics in Far Cry 5 and that was my first time fishing in a video game! I would imagine that the fishing will be just as realistic and detailed in RDR2.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 868
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 04:04:48 PM »
Fishing and stagecoach boating combined

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1076
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »
humm ... that brings up a good point ... since we are getting canoes to paddle around in, will stagecoaches even float in the new game or just sink when the water rushes in though the open windows of the coach ... i did however find this bit of information at www.encyclopedia.com ...

The familiar egg-shaped body of the Concord coach was renowned for its great strength and its ability to keep passengers dry while floating them across flood-swollen streams. Because the inevitable twisting of the coach body on the rough terrain could easily shatter glass windows, it had only adjustable leather curtains to keep out the dust, wind, and rain. The heavy body, often weighing a ton or more, rode on thick, six-or eight-ply leather belts called thoroughbraces to insulate it from the constant pounding of the wheels over makeshift roads. Nevertheless the swaying made some passengers seasick. Mark Twain aptly characterized the Concord coach as a "cradle on wheels."