Username: Password:

Author Topic: Challenges and Side Quests  (Read 247 times)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1357
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Challenges and Side Quests
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:14:27 PM »
I am currently working on the Herbalist challenge which is very time consuming, so I figured I would get it out of the way...been putting it off for too long because I hate looking for plants. I am on #9 to find all 43 herb species...to find out that even though I have already found most I still have to go repick them all.....is such a pain! What I have left (thank god I wrote each one down) is 9 more orchids.......BUT, some won't spawn until you have done certain parts of the Duchesses and Other Animals exotics side quest. Ok, that's fine...it will be a nice break from that tedious task and I will find the orchids as I complete each part of the quest!

The RDR2map website and Youtube have been a tremendous help with doing these.  For the exotics side quest I was happy to find a great hunting spot to find all 20 herons for part 2.  Go to Clemens Cove where the horse fence is and that entire area near the water is a spawning ground for so many types of birds!  I found myself not only looking for herons but studying all types of birds I could not find before!  To get more to spawn, either set up camp and sleep or save and reload your game!  I mean, there just isn't a few birds here and there....there are FLOCKS of birds flying by and some just land on the ground to pick at dead bird carcasses.

I hope this is a help for someone else working on this challenge/quest!

Offline James7

• Bounty Killer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Challenges and Side Quests
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 06:21:41 PM »
Thanks for the Clemons Cove tip. I've put it in my guidebook.
I know it's a pain to have to go get once again all the plants. I haven't got anywhere close to that, but it reminds me of how I think it worked in RDR1.

I've been hanging around the swamps with the crocodiles, collecting orchids. I can only bear to do it by day, as it's too frightening at night.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
I know! That swamp still freaks me out at night....I don't know who gets more spooked me or my horse! LOL!

Last night I was on my way back from the swamp heading into St. Denis....just on the outskirts of town where there is farmland and a couple of houses.....I heard something whizzing by me....it was arrows!  Two of those creepy swamp people followed me from the swamp. It was very early in the morning, I think. Never had that happen! I killed them both and I was thinking...I'm so close to town I hope I don't get wanted by the cops. Glad that didn't happen.

As I've said before....I am finished with the main story and epilogue but this game continues to surprise me with different encounters!

Offline James7

• Bounty Killer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 10:07:59 AM »
Yeah, nowadays, whenever I see a body hanging from a tree by the road in the swampy areas, I jump off my horse (or it'll throw me otherwise once the fighting starts) and wait for the night folk.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
Believe it or not...I am still slowly working on challenges. (99% completion....sooo close!) I have 2 left to complete...Gambler and Bandit. I figured that those would be fun to do so I left them for last.   I have found that the YouTube channel of "GTA Series Videos" has been VERY helpful in completing some of the harder challenges. They have some great tips and tricks to get challenges done quickly and easily....especially if you have left them to do last after completing the story...like me.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »
I never knew how much I could hate Blackjack until trying to complete Gambler Challenge #8!!!! Has anyone completed this one?  How long did it take you?

Offline aardvark spleen

• ???(�_�)???
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 01:44:02 PM »
I got lucky on my blackjack one challenge. It only took me like 10 games if I remember right. The one I really had a hard time with was the dominoes one, where you had to win 3 in a row, I didn't get lucky there at all. I think I spent like 6 hours on that one.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »
Yea, the dominoes were the worst...think it was #9. Someone said to go to Emerald Ranch because it's the easiest. I tried it for 2 days (probably 6 hrs, too) every time I got frustrated and killed the npc player or went on a killing rampage. LOL!  I went to St. Denis and got it in about an hour. So glad I am done with those challenges...saved the bandit challenges for last and that was fun and easy!

Which gear set (gun belt, holster, ect...) do you like the best?  I have John wearing the bandit set!