Username: Password:

Author Topic: So what are your thoughts so far?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2571
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So what are your thoughts so far?
« on: October 27, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
So we have the first day under our belts - how do you feel about it so far?  Do you like the gameplay?  Controls?  Graphics?  Anything that has bugged you yet?  Or does it seem flawless?

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 769
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: So what are your thoughts so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »
It keeps freezing up on out take cut scenes and then I have to exit game and restart the mission two different times this happened now I'm stuck trying to give him the bloody dear I'm about to have a come apart 😫
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline Cyper

• Pr0 d0wner PaRTy L0wer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
The game is better than i thought. The mission design is not over the top, but more slow paced. The horse controls greatly improved, as well as the shooting and combat mechanics. A lot of the complaints on metacritic is what i like about the game. Then the small details; opening drawers, picking up stuff including corpses, weapon storage, horse bonding, and even being able to use a lantern.

Offline James7

• Bounty Killer
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
I like it a lot so far. I can already say that, when the PS5 comes out, I'll buy the PS5 version if they make one.

I do like GTA5, but I'm glad you just play one character in this one. There are too many people you need to get to know and work with in the gang for it to make sense to have you playing more than one character.

I killed someone who was shooting at me in Valentine, and got a bounty. I saw it as defence but there's no judge. I just have to go to the post office to pay it off, I guess.

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 3
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
Only things bugging me are there aren’t a lot of jumping animations like rdr, and they took the aim rolling out and put in what looks to be a max Payne bullet time animation. Other than those two small things I love the game.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »
Anyone been to the original part of the map yet,  from first RDR.

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 637
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »
I tried a couple of times, but just got hunted down and killed straight away.

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 02:26:47 PM »
I tried a couple of times, but just got hunted down and killed straight away.

I gave the law the run around for half hour....... suppose i could activate an invincibility cheat (if there is one) unless i just wait for Multiplayer to launch. so we can revisit our old unique hang out locations.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »
Loving every minute of it! Still trying to get used to the controls and the weapon wheel and what you can store on your horse.
Dead eye is absolutely satisfying...can't wait to see the upgrades!

Just went exploring last night...had a rainstorm (trying to get into West Elizabeth) and wow, did that look realistic! Found and area that had natural springs with geysers. Water spouted up and scared my horse.  He did that little side-step. Later that night, got my horse to max bonding!

Have not gotten my Double Action Revolver and Stone hatchet from GTAV.  Has anyone got those yet?

Oh, and I came upon a abandoned school house or church that might have had a fire or something..it was completely demolished. I found a box of ammo! So it is really worth it to search EVERYTHING and ANYTHING even if it looks like there's nothing there.

I came across a stagecoach (the floating kind  (seedy)) the driver was dead, so I went around the back to try to open the chest/storage area and it said it needed a key or something. I looted the driver, but he didn't have it.  Might be something to unlock later on.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:40:58 PM by Mrs Marston »

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »
Yes..... where are those babys,  Double Action & Hatchet ??

i seen the double Action Revolver in the gun store...... with all the other guns from RDR1 (bolt, Carcano, rolling block etc)

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 637
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 02:57:32 PM »
I’ve seen people posting the locations of the gun and hatchet on Reddit but didn’t read the posts as I’d rather find them myself.

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 198
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »
I'm liking the new aiming system. Hopefully this means less people spraying with the Mauser when MP comes out.
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 926
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
I came across a stagecoach (the floating kind  (seedy)) the driver was dead, so I went around the back to try to open the chest/storage area and it said it needed a key or something. I looted the driver, but he didn't have it.  Might be something to unlock later on.

You should be able to shoot the lock then you can bash it to open it.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »
It seems like I'm using the old muscle memory from RDR and some things are a little off, found my first hidden treasure map and treasure on to number two, been kicking around picking and eating stuff, anyone else sit in camp and cut their bullets?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 05:32:47 PM »
HI!!!! Dangerous Girl🙋

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 926
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »
Hiya rdeyd!  Nice to see you, nice be back in game!
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline TeS Arzachel

• Liked: 2
  • Day follows night, and hate follows love.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 07:48:52 PM »

Did you mess around with it long enough to be able to tell if it was possible to get on top of it via rooftop? Or see if it floats/sinks in water? Would love to see stagecoach boating back!

Offline Subovon

• My hat hurts
  • Liked: 52
  • I'm on a boat.
    • View Profile
    • The Definitive Guide To Stagecoach Boating in Red Dead Redemption
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »
I'm 8 hours in and I'm underwhelmed.  haven't gone stagecoach boating yet. The game doesn't inspire me to go looking for such lunacy and that's the biggest disappointment for me. This is Unforgiven. RDR was part Blazing Saddles. It was a serious western and a parody. In RDR2, you can eat beans but you can only do it very seriously.

It took me 6 hours to figure out it's the visual humor I was missing so much. RDR is full of goofy, funny animations. RDR2 is grounded and full of ornery Clint Eastwood types moping around and talking about dyin'. I love Unforgiven, it's one of my favorite movies. I've seen it well over 20 times. I didn't want RDR2 to be like that so it's taking some getting used to. I love the gunplay, it's absolutely awesome and the violence is satisfying. It's all there, everything I expected, except the goofy, weird side of RDR.

It's the most beautiful game I've ever played but like in No Man's Sky, the game designers spent a lot of time coming up with ways to keep me from just going out and exploring it. Wanna take a closer look at that far mountain? Wait, first, you gotta change your diapers and then your horse has a shoe that needs fixing and you're .02 cents short to pay the farrier. They even added inventory inconveniences straight out of an MMO – you have to manage a satchel and it's always too damn small.

It's starting to looks pretty sure they'll activate a R* Editor in a coming patch. I'll definitely play the hell out of that. It's what I wanted most out of the release. If they give me that, I'll be perfectly happy.

https://rockstarintel.com/adversary-modes-coming-to-red-dead-online-rockstar-editor-also-coming/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Red River Resistance
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 09:01:46 PM »
I've noticed that you can't jump next to an object that is not climbable from what I understand is that how you get on top of stuff by repeatedly jumping next to it, also apparently don't know right from left plus PS4 is new to me but it just like riding all coming back to me

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 3
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »
Aiming is kinda clunky, can’t see multiplayer gamemodes being too fun unless they patch it, wish the movement and aiming was like max Payne 3