Username: Password:

Author Topic: So what are your thoughts so far?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline CarntFace

• Rockstar
  • Liked: 216
  • "Let's Do It!"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: So what are your thoughts so far?
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 03:16:56 AM »
Game of the generation.

Offline Cyper

• Pr0 d0wner PaRTy L0wer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 07:16:04 AM »
Thats what i like about it: it feels like you are aiming with a gun rather than with a analog stick or cursor.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »
Graphics are pure eye candy!

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2571
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »
I agree it feels clunky.  Some people feel this helps.  IMO it goes beyond just running and I think it’s here to stay, it seems they stuck with a more max Payne/GTA feel as opposed to the controls we liked about RDR.

Offline UvS Atlantis

• A free hunter.
  • Liked: 158
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 05:35:25 AM »
I have to say, the more I play this game, the more genius I find. Graphics, animations, the most best thing: physics. When you ride your horse down a mountain, or you walk down the mountain, fall down the mountain, its just perfectly realistic. I like the story. I like the fact you are not alone this time. It feels like brotherhood, I never feel lost in the game, cause I have always a place to return to. Other then others i like the way Arthur jumps. It looks realistic. Rolling was a fun part of RDR 1, but if you think about it, who in the world is rolling with his gun in his hand? I like the slow story telling.

Some small things which bother me a little:
- you can have a latern, but what for? The nights are way too bright.
- There is a bug, when the sun rises, you have a small moment, a second, where it feels like somebody put the light on.

-  Gunplay is different and I am not quite sure if I should like it or not. I like the fact, that I actually suck at it big time right now. Cause it makes things more interesting.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:00:24 AM by UvS Atlantis »
OLD Riflehand

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5634
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
This is the most beautiful game that I have ever played. There is so much detail, it's amazing. Immersive. Even on those rides through what seems to be long areas of nothing, just stop and look. Listen. Quite incredible what they have done.

I completely agree that the aiming system is a bit clunky and I HATE that they took out the roll and added what looks like the Max Payne bullet doge. BAD DECISION IMO. But I love the knifing mechanics, and if they leave the body charge in for gang matches knifing becomes that much easier.

The story, so far, I dig very much. I actually  care about the yahoos in my little posse.

And as for the "fun stuff." I've tried really really hard to do some roof-topping, but alas the horse doesn't wanna jump near or under buildings.

Anybody else ride into trees almost killing your horse EVERYTIME you travel across the map?

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5499
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 07:40:49 AM »
And as for the "fun stuff." I've tried really really hard to do some roof-topping, but alas the horse doesn't wanna jump near or under buildings.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5570
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »
This is the most beautiful game that I have ever played. There is so much detail, it's amazing. Immersive. Even on those rides through what seems to be long areas of nothing, just stop and look. Listen. Quite incredible what they have done.

I completely agree that the aiming system is a bit clunky and I HATE that they took out the roll and added what looks like the Max Payne bullet doge. BAD DECISION IMO. But I love the knifing mechanics, and if they leave the body charge in for gang matches knifing becomes that much easier.

The story, so far, I dig very much. I actually  care about the yahoos in my little posse.

Anybody else ride into trees almost killing your horse EVERYTIME you travel across the map?

I agree, the lack of rolling is a shame, less sexy, instead we have this lunge type dive, never mind. Obviously John Marston was a budding gymnast of sorts.

Re roof topping, R* really have now seemed to have gone more towards realism rather than cartoony escapades, come to think of it I have rarely (if ever) seen any glitches of note yet.   
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 11:53:41 AM »
Yea, unfortunately I don't think rooftopping is going to happen with this game! But, you never know...the horse does like to jump.  Maybe we just need to find a different way than the first game. 

I did try to get onto a small building similar to the way we used to get on top of John's safehouse in McFarlane's Ranch....but, it seemed to hurt Arthur as he hit his head on the edge of the roof.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »
come to think of it I have rarely (if ever) seen any glitches of note yet.   

The one that has happened twice to me is after jumping off my horse to do a random encounter when I'm done and call my horse it indicates the horse is on Valentine, which ends up being miles and miles away. The damn horse teleports there and I don't know why.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5570
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »

The one that has happened twice to me is after jumping off my horse to do a random encounter when I'm done and call my horse it indicates the horse is on Valentine, which ends up being miles and miles away. The damn horse teleports there and I don't know why.

Weird. I was hoping for more cougar man or donkey woman nonsense, there is so much left to discover so there is hope for some silly situations.
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Online Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1131
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »
Pro tip for being away from your horse: save your game, then load that save. Your horse will be close.
Subovon, don’t abandon all hope. Wackiness is out there. Without spoiling things, I think Lenny, finding the old gunslinger named Granger, and (classic Rockstar) the crazy cult were all pretty funny and farcical.

Offline Subovon

• My hat hurts
  • Liked: 52
  • I'm on a boat.
    • View Profile
    • The Definitive Guide To Stagecoach Boating in Red Dead Redemption
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 10:49:46 PM »
Subovon, don’t abandon all hope. Wackiness is out there. Without spoiling things, I think Lenny, finding the old gunslinger named Granger, and (classic Rockstar) the crazy cult were all pretty funny and farcical.

Thanks, bud! I'm completely into it, now. The only real problem I have left with the game is the story. I've seen some silly stuff and I'm looking forward to much more but it's still so much more serious than I expected. I had to adjust and now I'm playing as an old outlaw with remorse and I'm trying to do as much good as I can. It's been a ton of fun even if the story's character building pulls in a more aggressive direction.

We don't talk about the sound design enough. It keeps blowing my mind (on headphones). The mountain echoes are my favorite and the distant sounds of the bears and moose make the area so eerie. I also love having to cock the single actions for every shot. That may be my favorite "upgrade."

I keep ignoring the inventory / camp building side of the game and I'm doing fine with what I pick up from bodies and hunting. The eating side of the game is only slightly annoying. I love all the horse bonding stuff and sitting around a fire is a surprising pleasures. Good time to pour a beer, take a toke.

Tonight, I'm going to ride the train out of Valentine, see where it goes.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3114
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »

Last night while riding into Rhodes I came across some pigs levitating over the burned bodies of some horses. They quickly dropped down and ran away. A wagon drove up to the burned horses and their horses immediately dropped to the ground and caught on fire, then the whole wagon went up. It was bizarre. The burned horses were still there when I came back later. They eventually dissapered though. I did capture some of it on my Xbox.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 06:09:48 PM »
Well that was an intense bunch of missions this evening,  after saving progress and shutting down,  I jumped on the SC and looked at Chapter 3 missions. Only 2 to go.

don't think I will complete them until Friday, back to work tomorrow.... But only 2 full days, half day Friday so I can get can back into the story that afternoon.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 769
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »
Reddit has a really informative sub on tips for game play really good
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 926
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 08:26:10 PM »
I really need to progress the story line...maybe this weekend.

At the moment, I'm concentrating on finding collectables and things that go towards my 100% completion (dreamcatchers, shacks, stashes, etc).

But I really need to progress that story line, at least a little.  I just get so easily distrac....LOOK A SQUIRREL I HAVEN'T STUDIED!!!!!
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2571
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »

Last night while riding into Rhodes I came across some pigs levitating over the burned bodies of some horses. They quickly dropped down and ran away. A wagon drove up to the burned horses and their horses immediately dropped to the ground and caught on fire, then the whole wagon went up. It was bizarre. The burned horses were still there when I came back later. They eventually dissapered though. I did capture some of it on my Xbox.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_-5NmL8Kig" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_-5NmL8Kig</a>

https://youtu.be/k_-5NmL8Kig

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 07:21:59 AM »
ahh ha ha ha. YES, glitchy goodness. God bless you Rockstar.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 926
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
I'm a huge nerd.
I love doing all of the collectables.  So I made myself a multi-page spreadsheet listing everything so I can mark them off as I get them.
This includes all animals, weapons, plants, etc.

Nerd.
This sure beats milking cows!