Username: Password:

Author Topic: So what are your thoughts so far?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline convex airplane

• TWO
  • Liked: 3931
  • Awards Hash Tag King 2014 Most likely to get bucked off his horse Most likely to flee to Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: So what are your thoughts so far?
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
This guy is making documentary on the life of npc it is balls you have to check it out he did three people in the first one I don't think any more have been made

Sounds interesting, I really like how the NPCs seem alive and have realistic reactions and emotions, not to mention the actual character movements they are  not like the mindless automatrons in other open world video games, I was outside a homestead the other day and heard raised voices of two NPCs within, I sneaked into their house and seen them argue with eachother  and then react to my intrusion, the also made comments when I started picking up property and the husband became rather agitated when I began pleasuring his wife.

You cheeky devil!

(Image removed from quote.)

Where do you find all these gifs? You must have a mega gif library stashed somewhere...

Online Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1198
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2018, 01:45:41 PM »
I think he keeps it at google.com

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 897
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2018, 01:18:03 PM »
Saint Denis to Nosalida marathon

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »
Can Rockstar please remaster the first story of RDR1.

By creating an alternate timeline where Sadie Adler is in the story...…. working along side John.

John & Sadie riding out with Marshal Johnson, Jonah & Eli.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 954
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »
I finally got to take Jack fishing!  Yaaaaay!!!!
This sure beats milking cows!

Online Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »
Minor literary spoiler if you haven’t played this fishing mission. (A Fisher of Men)

Show content for Hiden:
I’m only in chapter 3, but it’s obvious that the Pinkertons aren’t friendly with the gang. Up to this point you’ve had it pretty good in your camp. You’ve played poker with friends, hunted, had some fun shenanigans in town, enjoyed too many deluxe baths... One might call this paradise. Then a man arrives who threatens to toss you out of this Edenic life: Mr Milton. John Milton wrote the epic poem about Adam and Eve’s ejection from Eden, Paradise Lost.   

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 643
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »

You get to take Jack fishing? As in Jack Marston? So I guess John is in the game? So many spoilers on this forum. It should be called reddeadspoilers.net.

Online Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2018, 07:20:46 PM »
The whole time he was yelling, “Work ya damn lure!”

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 954
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:55 PM »

You get to take Jack fishing? As in Jack Marston? So I guess John is in the game? So many spoilers on this forum. It should be called reddeadspoilers.net.

No, Jack Mehoffer.  One of the gang members who grew up nowhere near water, so you get to teach him how to fish.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 774
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »
I have to say I'm dissatisfied, the ending was anticlimactic the writing was sub par, challenges/missions weak, now that I'm 80 % or so I'm bored with it, if they don't get rdo straighten out the damn thing is a bust may not even waste my money on it. Going to pull out RDR on the 360 and replay it , Damn I sure miss the old days of pvp.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2019, 01:14:05 PM »
Saint Denis to Nosalida marathon

Make that Gaptooth Breach...….. Mexico ain't there.

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »
I have to say I'm dissatisfied, the ending was anticlimactic the writing was sub par, challenges/missions weak, now that I'm 80 % or so I'm bored with it, if they don't get rdo straighten out the damn thing is a bust may not even waste my money on it. Going to pull out RDR on the 360 and replay it , Damn I sure miss the old days of pvp.

the RDR2 story was very quick...…. RDR1 was much more in depth and more of a challenge,  where it took several attempts on every mission.

At the end of the day, I guess Rockstar rushed it. Because they will always focus on Multiplayer mode. where they make the real money.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1299
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
Wow, really?  I LOVED the story and everything about it.  This is the first and only game where I said that I'm replaying it and sure enough, I am currently replaying it and trying to get to 100% on the first playthrough.  I thought they really came through for the fans...the fans of the story line and for the Marston fans especially, which I guess is why I personally love it so much. Yea, I have to agree that it's getting boring now that I've finished all the missions and all that's left is collectibles and challenges. But, there are still so many hidden surprises like easter eggs and different interactions with NPC's.  I am still finding new stuff here and there, but you have to explore and explore deeply to find it.

I can definitely see them making an RDR3!  They could go back even further into another prequel....telling the story about how Arthur, Dutch and Hosea met up. I'd like to know how John and Abigail met and how he got involved with the gang and how he met Arthur.  When Arthur said that he was John's brother....that really made me wonder....did he mean brother as in family member or was it just meant as brothers in arms? There were a lot of things like that left unanswered and a lot of clues that make you wonder.

A remaster of RDR as a story DLC would not be a bad idea!  Call me crazy, but if they did, they could have an alternate ending where Sadie, Charles and Pearson came and helped John fight off the Pinkertons! That would be so awesome...but, I guess that would get them all in trouble again.

Offline Ferguson99

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »
Wasn't Abigail a prostitute or stripper...… John mentioned it somewhere in RDR1 story,  didn't he ?

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
Yea, we know in general how they all met, but it would be nice to see it in detail in a storyline. I mean, I doubt they will end the RDR franchise here with this game.  They still have a lot more they can work with. We could play as Arthur again...a younger Arthur. 

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 774
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
I loved Arthur it upset me his story I knew almost immediately when he coughed in his face that it was bad in some way then I saw a spoiler on Reddit and was pissed the whole game about it (my grandfather died of TB when my Dad was 17 so I think it struck a little too close)

No more Dutch I can't take his voice any more reminds me of that character from Disney Robinhood cartoon.
I would like a new story line
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »
Yea, I didn't think anything of it when that guy spat in Arthur's face.  I had no clue that he was going to die from TB. When he first started coughing I began to wonder what was wrong.  I think Hosea had TB as well....he coughed a lot.  His death was very sad...I cried more for him than I did when John died.  The emotions, the music at the end....it was heart-wrenching. I became very attached to Arthur and now more so because he made sure John escaped.  The ending was the saddest and happiest moment in that game.  I was still crying and not over Arthur's death and then when I saw I could play as John I started to feel much better.  The Epilogue was really my most favorite part of the game.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5733
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2019, 12:36:43 PM »
Wow, really?  I LOVED the story and everything about it.  This is the first and only game where I said that I'm replaying it and sure enough, I am currently replaying it and trying to get to 100% on the first playthrough.  I thought they really came through for the fans...the fans of the story line and for the Marston fans especially, which I guess is why I personally love it so much. Yea, I have to agree that it's getting boring now that I've finished all the missions and all that's left is collectibles and challenges. But, there are still so many hidden surprises like easter eggs and different interactions with NPC's.  I am still finding new stuff here and there, but you have to explore and explore deeply to find it.

I can definitely see them making an RDR3!  They could go back even further into another prequel....telling the story about how Arthur, Dutch and Hosea met up. I'd like to know how John and Abigail met and how he got involved with the gang and how he met Arthur.  When Arthur said that he was John's brother....that really made me wonder....did he mean brother as in family member or was it just meant as brothers in arms? There were a lot of things like that left unanswered and a lot of clues that make you wonder.

A remaster of RDR as a story DLC would not be a bad idea!  Call me crazy, but if they did, they could have an alternate ending where Sadie, Charles and Pearson came and helped John fight off the Pinkertons! That would be so awesome...but, I guess that would get them all in trouble again.

Love the passion of your reply.

And Arthur? One of my favorite characters in gaming. Actually I really dig Sadie too. I wish we saw more of her. Maybe that is the direction rockstar should go with Red Dead. How about a whole spinoff with Sadie as the main playable character? At the very a future DLC with some side missions that you can play as Mrs. Adler.

"The blood stays on the blade"