Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stupid and Amusing Tales from the West  (Read 362 times)

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 926
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Stupid and Amusing Tales from the West
« on: October 27, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
So, I have a tendency to make some real boneheaded moves in-game.  Anyone who watched me launch a stick of dynamite at a house, only to have it bounce straight back at me...while I continued to run straight at it, knows that.

Of course RDR 2 has proven that I still have the stuff.  Of course some of my situations arise out of sheer curiosity on my part.  Others are because I'm stupid.

For instance, I keep having issues with RT and LT.  And forgetting that if I have a weapon out, LT is not going to enable me to talk to people.  And RT is an even poorer option, especially to a left/right challenged person such as myself.  So, instead of lifting that horse off of that poor woman...BLAMMO!  Then I had to drag her and hide her body in a bunch of weeds in some rocks.

Or that mission where we were sneaking up on the O'Driscolls and were supposed to be stealthy and silent.  I go to pull out my bow (which unbeknownst to me, I had left back on my horse) and BLAMMO!  No more sneak attack for us!

Did ya ever let that little devil on your shoulder get the best of you?  Yesterday, I pulled up to a hanging in Valentine.  The mother of the perp who was going to be hanged was having a huge emotional fit.  They hung him...she crouched on the ground in utter emotional agony.  So, I calmly went to her side.  And kicked her.  Well, that was an immediate bounty considering I had done it in front of the deputy and all.  But it was worth every penny of my ten dollars.

I can't be the only one...admit your stupid goofs and funny situations so far in RDR2.  I want to know.
This sure beats milking cows!

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stupid and Amusing Tales from the West
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 10:25:32 AM »
I don't know how many times I shot my gun when I didn't want to!  The controls are very confusing and very different than what we are used to.

I had to chase someone down on horseback and my horse tripped over a rock and there went Arthur...head over heels. Funny as it was, I thought I killed my horse....my dear sweet Penny....the screen went all blurry, but I just failed the mission. Was I relieved when I spawned back my horse was still with me!  (I saw this happen in a video somewhere with horses tripping over big rocks and Arthur goes flying....that won't happen to me.....ha! I was so wrong.)

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 769
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »
Right I killed my horse by riding in the river and snow was very worried.
Lost my Bear hat hope it's in my inventory
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 198
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »
Was running from the law, I turned the camera to try and aim, then BAM, horse slams it's head on a rock, Arthur learns how to fly. I thought I killed my beloved Memes on that rock.
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
I had my first encounter with a Bear (no not deadbear)  my god the roar it made. before I knew what was going on, me horse threw me off and bolted...… I ran to the nearest large rock  to climb onto for safety, the bear tried to climb up.  But rolled off, so I shot the thing to buggery.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3114
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:54 AM »
I was attempting to take something off my horse but accidentally punched the poor thing, he kicked me and took off.

On another occasion I stopped for to give some ‘poor fellow’ who lost his horse a ride, he proceeded to yank me off my horse and steal it. I eventually found my saddle a ways up the road and started to lug it home. It felt like I was walking forever, set up two campsites during my walk home. Made it to valentine to  discover that if you loose your saddle it will appear back in the stable, I should’ve just left the damn thing!

I finished a bath in Valentine and went to ride out of town. Misjudged how much room I had to turn a corner crashed into another person, flipped my horse and landed in the mud  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:00:29 AM by Kazzy »

Offline utb1528

• Gunslinger
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 231
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 04:37:19 AM »
I got a challenge to jump 3 obstacles in 15 seconds.  I tried to jump a boulder the size of a car. 

That talk/shoot thing is difficult.
Proud trainee at the Vegeta Boot Camp.
100% Completion RDR and UN

Offline DangerGirl33

• Red River Resistance
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 05:22:21 PM »
Was running from the law, I turned the camera to try and aim, then BAM, horse slams it's head on a rock, Arthur learns how to fly. I thought I killed my beloved Memes on that rock.

I did the same exact thing, I think we were running from a predator through the woods.  Turned around for one second and my horse ran headfirst into a tree.  I don't know how either of us survived, but we did.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Red River Resistance
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »
I wish I could post Twitter vids here...but I seem incapable.

So go check out this awesome gathering of RDR2 Horse Fails.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/18038258/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-cinematic-mode-fails

My personal favorites are "When cinematic mode goes wrong", "A Series of Unfortunate Events", "SORRY JOHN" and "There's something wrong with this horse"

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5634
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 07:43:16 AM »
So go check out this awesome gathering of RDR2 Horse Fails.

.....damn. Hoping to have a "fails" video done by this weekend. Alas, there are OTHERS playing so beaten to the punch once again.

Soooo, stories.....

So I have a 2 year old. She's an active little one. Enjoys very much "attacking me" as I give her the overreaction she's looking for. Silly nonsense. Anyways, Saturday morning, I found time to fire up the Xbox one as both the wife and kid were still asleep. Or so I thought. So I was riding my newly purchased horse, back to base camp and just as I was coming up to one of the waterfalls.......this little bastard (my darling daughter), who was not asleep, snuck up and lunged at me from behind. Scared me shitless. And my $60 horse careened off the top of the waterfall and into the water. Worse yet, my horse died and I survived. My damn saddle? At the bottom of the river at the base of the waterfall. I tried to swim to retrieve it, and it was irretrievable. That little shit ran off laughing. Reload......

I've done such a great job as a parent.

Yes I too rode right into a legendary bear. Startled me. No biggie. But scared my gutless horse right off a freaking ledge. Load saved game...

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline DangerGirl33

• Red River Resistance
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »
I found a man down by the river, sitting by his campfire with his dog.
He invited me to have a seat and chat.
I walked around the fire a bit, then decided to sit and rest.
I sat right down in his lap.  It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

By the time I grabbed my phone to take a picture, he was finished with his chat and got up.
I am so sad I didn't get a shot of it.

Is there any way to take a quick screengrab on the Xbone?
I swear I have been able to long ago but have forgotten.

Online Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1215
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »
Yea...hit the big x button and your left side tab will pop up and your screenshot (y), record (x) will be on the bottom right of that side panel. Although it might be different depending on what build/update you had last...I'm on that stupid skip ahead thing on the Xbox Insider Program. My xbox screens and features must have changed like 4 or 5 times.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Red River Resistance
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »
Thanks Mrs Marston!  I knew there was a way!

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
I'm only just about to start Chapter 4, but the best mission in the story so far...….

A night out in Valentine, with Lenny.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qb4-u7WtgA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qb4-u7WtgA</a>

Offline MDRxMajinVegeta

• Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
Dangergirlllllllll
Spend most of YOUR life ruled by another - Watch YOUR race dwindle to a handful... and THEN tell me what has more meaning than your OWN strength.

Offline Casteyn

• Out of hibernation
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 4709
  • I deal in lead
  • Awards Most helpful member Most respected member Most Missed Member 2014
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 12:51:13 PM »
Vegeta!! ❤️

Offline DangerGirl33

• Red River Resistance
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 05:23:33 PM »
Vegetaaaaaaaa!!!!!!  *gets head shot off*

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5634
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »
What in the world ? A parabola of RDRing awaits.....

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline MDRxMajinVegeta

• Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
We're backkkkkkkk.
Spend most of YOUR life ruled by another - Watch YOUR race dwindle to a handful... and THEN tell me what has more meaning than your OWN strength.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3114
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »
I stupidly intervened in some bounty hunters carting off a guy on the back of one of their horses. Lassoed one guy and his friend started shooting me, a battle ensued and I ended up killing them both, meanwhile the horse carrying their ‘victim’ bolted off.

A passer by saw me and I got the message that he was a witness to my murdering. Chased him down and lassoed him, placed him on my horse with the intention of riding him into the wilderness and releasing him but  then I get another message to say a witness has seen me kidnapping  ;D  In the end they all ended up dead  ::)  I think I’ll just mind my own business next time!!  (whip)