Username: Password:

Author Topic: Horse name?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Chalk

• Administrator
  • Liked: 854
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted Best admin Awarded to the user voted Most helpful member Awarded to the user voted to have the Best contribution Awarded to the user voted Best staff member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Horse name?
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2018, 03:01:26 PM »
Without spoiling anything.....why is it that at the end of the story (epilogue) I can't rename my horse?  The game automatically named my thoroughbred "Rachel" and won't let me rename her at the stable? Is this a glitch or do I have to steal/buy my own in order to name/rename these horses?

It seems to me that the horse already had that name before the game "gave" it to you. So it appears to be one horse you cannot rename as it wants to force that name.

In the end I bought a horse I liked better anyway.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1303
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »
Yea, I'm gonna get the Arabian that's purchasable in Blackwater. And someone said there's an even better one... a Missouri Fox Trotter you can steal in St. Denis? Just bothers me that I can't rename this other horse...now that I've grown attached to it!

Here we are comparing horses like cars in GTAV for speed and acceleration. LOL!

Offline Floater

• Liked: 37
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 06:35:55 PM »
Yea, I'm gonna get the Arabian that's purchasable in Blackwater. And someone said there's an even better one... a Missouri Fox Trotter you can steal in St. Denis? Just bothers me that I can't rename this other horse...now that I've grown attached to it!

Huh? You can buy one Missouri Foxtrotter in the Stable close to Emerald Ranch and the other one (the one you probably mean) in Blackwater. My favorite right now is the brown Turkoman. In sunlight, this horse simply looks spectacular. Plus, handles better and doesn't look as whacky as the Arabians.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:00:01 AM by Floater »

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 202
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 06:58:43 PM »
In the post game, have a Belgian draft named Bojack, An American paint named Greg and a Kentucky saddler named Mystery
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »

Huh? You can buy one Missouri Foxtrotter in the Stable close to Emerald Ranch and the other one (the one you probably mean) in Tumbleweed. My favorite right now is the brown Turkoman. In sunlight, this horse simply looks spectacular. Plus, handles better and doesn't look as whacky as the Arabians.

Hmm, I'll have to compare stats...the youtube video said that the horse in St. Denis has a golden colored coat and has the highest stats. I'd rather go buy it myself than step foot in St. Denis....can't stand that place!  But, I think they might have made horses have different stats even though they are the same breed. Will check it out....thanks!

Offline Floater

• Liked: 37
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »
Missouri Foxtrotters and Turkomans have the same stats, no matter the color. Only the Arabians vary from coat to coat.

Offline SingingTrout85

• Liked: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
Sky and Duke for the first two, the Shire being the latter (dunno if first horses are set in stone or random; assuming former).
One is a Flaxen Chestnut something named Copper. A Dapple Gray named Frost (coloring makes me think of snow).
Can't recall my last one (sold Sky  :'( ). Copper and the last one were brought in at basically the same time.
If I can figure out how to put ps4 screenshots on here, may share them later. Plus the name that escapes me frustratingly

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
Well I don't have to worry about my Thoroughbred having a name I don't want..... :'(.......was up on the train tracks north of Armadillo trying to make my way through the tunnel when along comes the train.....I made it out but the horse didn't make it and I didn't have any horse reviver left.

RIP Rachel.

Bad part is that I'm now trying to find another Thoroughbred with the same colored coat! LOL! She was black with a reddish tint and white markings on front feet and face. Anybody see a horse like that anywhere?

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 898
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2018, 04:23:11 PM »
I got given a White horse from a man with one artificial limb.

So I named the horse "Jordan"

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1076
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
Fergi ... I can't believe you renamed "Buell" ...

Show content for Hiden:
especially since Hamish asked us with his dying breath to take care of him ...

and his coat is called Cremello Gold ...

Offline gameworm

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2018, 10:30:41 PM »
Poop Factory because she shits everywhere.
Lol, that funny. I call her as Poop machine

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1116
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2018, 04:28:57 AM »
My current horse is the black Arabian with white streaks on it's nose called "Coal"

My favorite horse was "Coral" I pulled a Rick Grimes and would be yelling "Coral, Coral, COOORRALLLLL!" in my gaming room. I know it's an old joke, but still funny to me. Coral fell victim to the jaws of the legendary bull gator in the Bayou. That croc really gave me some trouble.

Have a holly, jolly ASS MÖDE Christmas!

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »
Missouri Foxtrotters and Turkomans have the same stats, no matter the color. Only the Arabians vary from coat to coat.

I finally found both horses just outside St. Denis....yes, the stats are very similar to both. But, I chose the Foxtrotter because the speed stats were actually a little better than the Turkoman...and the color was nicer (champagne coat). And I think that the Foxtrotter was the same kind of horse Marston had during the story.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 954
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »
I sold my Walker and broke a blood bay Thoroughbred (male).  Named him Bart.  It just seemed to fit.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1116
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2018, 09:08:07 AM »
Does anyone else have a problem with their horse shitting all over the place almost constantly?

I hitch my horse and it shits. I go to skin an animal, guess what... More shit. I call my horse from a long range and here we go again, it starts laying beans like no tomorrow.

It's just a constant shit with the crazy animal.

Anywhere I can buy my horse some pepto bismol?

Have a holly, jolly ASS MÖDE Christmas!

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 01:20:11 PM »
Yup, I think they over-did it with the horse poop....and farting! I am beginning to think that I'm not feeding my horse a proper diet!  The thing that I hate the most is when he/she poops just as I am trying to take a photo.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5693
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »
Yup, I think they over-did it with the horse poop....and farting! I am beginning to think that I'm not feeding my horse a proper diet!  The thing that I hate the most is when he/she poops just as I am trying to take a photo.

Poop everywhere.

This review sums it up beautifully, give it a watch it is HILARIOUS.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYc8X9F75w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYc8X9F75w</a>
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Andrew187

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2018, 12:50:58 AM »
Speaking of horses, does anyone have any ideas on how to easily bring a tamed horse home?
I broke a horse but didn't want to leave mine behind.  So, I lassoed the new horse, but found no way to easily bring him along, I had to keep the lasso in hand the entire time.

Would I have been better off riding the new horse back to the stables and whistling for my regular horse the whole way?  Or would my horse follow us?  Or is there a way to tie the rope to my saddle?

Just ride it. Patting it as you go and feeding/grooming it will help increase the bond to level 2 and it will then follow if you whistle. Your main horse should already be able to follow if you whistle for it, but watch the minimap; occasionally a following horse will get stuck and you can lose them that way. If you don't want to stable it, you can just take it back to camp and it will stay as your temporary horse until you get another, or put a saddle on it. Then it becomes your main horse.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5693
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »
Speaking of horses, does anyone have any ideas on how to easily bring a tamed horse home?
I broke a horse but didn't want to leave mine behind.  So, I lassoed the new horse, but found no way to easily bring him along, I had to keep the lasso in hand the entire time.

Would I have been better off riding the new horse back to the stables and whistling for my regular horse the whole way?  Or would my horse follow us?  Or is there a way to tie the rope to my saddle?

Just ride it. Patting it as you go and feeding/grooming it will help increase the bond to level 2...

Tip, you can hold the analog stick down to bond with horse rather than constantly spam it.

Also holding both triggers with the lasso gives a bigger throwing range. 
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1937
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2018, 07:58:14 PM »
Giddy up ya damn nag.  'Dam nag' it shall be post game.

Turkoman too skittish I'm.  Missouri fox trotter in blackwater stable, ooh boy, that is a fine ride.  Little obnoxious looking but it lives up to the it.