Username: Password:

Author Topic: Aiming in Multiplayer  (Read 191 times)

Offline Floater

• Liked: 22
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Aiming in Multiplayer
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »
Do you guys have any idea how the multiplayer will handle the "aiming types"? There are four types of aiming, further divided into mounted and on foot. On top of that you can adjust the level of aim assist. How was that handled in GTA Online? I didn't play it, so I have no idea. What they did there is overkill, if you ask me. They should do it like Naughty Dog with Uncharted and The Last of Us. One type of aiming and you can adjust your sensitivity. That's it. 

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5634
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
Re: Aiming in Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »
Do you guys have any idea how the multiplayer will handle the "aiming types"? There are four types of aiming, further divided into mounted and on foot..........What they did there is overkill, if you ask me. They should do it like Naughty Dog with Uncharted and The Last of Us. One type of aiming and you can adjust your sensitivity. That's it.

What, not a fan of flame wars? "Auto-Aim Noobs"

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline circleD

• (^_^)
  • D WILD BUNCH
  • Liked: 49
  • Awards Awarded to the user voted as the Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »
Careful what you wish for here, young gunslinger lol

There will be auto aim and free aim. I actually agree with you but a lot of people like auto aim. That's cool but I'm afraid free aim mp will be empty.

Offline TheDandyManCan

• Hypo-Lethal Vector
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 653
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:23:34 PM »
One thing that worries me is that a lot of people, myself included, already find it hard to shoot in free aim. When you get to MP where everyone is going to be slamming their shoudlers on cover five times in a second a la Gears, shootdodging all over the place, it's going to be worse. Mounted combat might be crazy too. Everyone is going to be doing crazy sinewave shit to dodge bullets once they unlock drifting side to side with their horse online.

I love it.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »
Honestly, each aiming mode has it's challenges and I can tell you one is not any easier than the other (despite what some might have you think) as everybody else in that mode has the exact same advantages as you.

At any rate, knifing is significantly easier to do (for me) in free aim mode as players can't "lock in" if they happen to see me coming too soon.

Online Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1131
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 12:18:12 PM »
I hope that Rockstar makes a good effort to balance the pvp and does so on a continuous basis. I’ve gotten spoiled by developers that pay attention and adjust things as needed. Part of this is a good rock, paper, scissors balance to weapons and tactics. In 1 the roll was held up as the divine sport of kings by everyone who wanted to roll around in the streets. Always fun to pop into cover, rack up kills and listen to the howls to have the cover system removed from the game. The answer to cover is to flank and get a satisfying close up kill. It’s Rockstar’s job to provide routes to approach camping players. Other games do this well. The first didn’t always. The infamous boulder outside of Tesoro Azul which had no path to approach comes to mind. Part of this needs to be standard weapon load outs and pickups like the first game.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see what’s in store. I would like to see the roll for multiplayer though. We need something to break aim lock and the dive doesn’t seem like the answer.

Offline circleD

• (^_^)
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:49:53 PM »
Yes, enough people don't like the aiming system in free aim modes. I understand that but all the players who go for cover every chance and whatnot definitely doesn't make it worse. We don't need to break any auto lock on and this ain't an issue. Personally I liked people who go for cover a lot. Easier targets in free aim imho.

Whats up with that diving anyway? Bring back the good old roll.
That jumping reticule when you get shot worries me more if its in mp too. Makes it hard to aim.

Online Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 01:10:38 PM »
Yeah, free aim is just a different animal. The roll is just a way to dodge a bit and make a headshot harder for a second or so. Plenty of people used cover though, just not the built in sticky cover. Plenty of corner strafers in armadillo. Plus you’d use cover for a few seconds when your health was in the red. The thing about the built in cover system is that it always expose a bit of your head, so if the other guy could aim, you’d be dead anyway.

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 3
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 10:56:51 PM »
I believe free aim is the way to go, BUT they need a patch to make it more smooth like max Payne 3 or mafia 3 even(another take two title). It is just too clunky as it sits. IMO auto aim doesn’t prove true skill at the game anyone can hold lt/l2 and start spraying like people did with the high powered pistol in rdr. The dual pistols would be interesting online. I wish for some sort on no respawn mode, I love the drama they bring. I wish for the roll back and higher jumping. Last but no least I would love to see a prone option, I can see some fun games hiding in bushes proned with a carcano(especially in a battle royals mode). I hope they keep the end of game quotes and kill cams too.

Sorry for ranting about multiplayer wishlists. I’m just excited and want a good experience🤡

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 3
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »
Also, anxious to see if they implement the bow online. Will it be instakill? Thoughts?

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 08:27:50 AM »
Also, anxious to see if they implement the bow online. Will it be instakill? Thoughts?

Instakill only if it's done in free aim. Two shots in auto-aim.

Offline Floater

• Liked: 22
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »
Yes, Free Aim in this game is harder than it has to be. I like it because it's challenging. I get killed so much by ambushers, it's not even funny. If you than further limit yourself by trying not to use Dead Eye, you can pretty much forget mounted combat. But this way, one simple kill feels so much more rewarding.  
Also, forget all these videos giving the "perfect" free aim settings. You have to find your own and it took me two weeks to figure out that the acceleration was effing up my aim. They have so many unnecessary settings. Why is there a dead zone? Why is there still aim assist, even if I switch to Free Aim? Then there's the wobble that makes you miss, even if you have the opponent perfectly centered before the shot.  
And on another note: WHY DOES SWIMMING DRAIN ALL MY STAMINA IN SECONDS? 

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »
Well in Single player, i'm still using the RDR1 technique.

lock on to enemy - nudge the target reticle up to the enemies head for quick 1 shot kill.

Online Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 02:22:54 PM »
When your dead eye core is depleted your aim will wobble. Smoke up johnny!

Offline Riznind

• Rolling Block Bully
  • Liked: 14
  • DDZN D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
Hey Floater!

I think hipfire will play a big part in death matches.  It was in max payne 3 and everybody used only r2! We have shoulder switching back, it was not in gta5. Double wield is nice!

Gta5 free aim dm were not good imho.
Headshot or die!

Offline circleD

• (^_^)
  • D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 04:00:31 PM »
I liked to use a rifle on max payne. Dual wielding felt way too easy. Like you said it was running and R2 only. This should only work close up.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 828
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Today at 05:15:48 PM »
It ain't the controls you need to be concerned about in multiplayer.

But the vision of being able to see your target,  especially on the original part of the map, Cholla springs and beyond....... OMG the dust storms are horrendous.