Username: Password:

Author Topic: Multiplayer mode?  (Read 110 times)

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 3
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Multiplayer mode?
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:05:08 PM »
What gamemodes will you be playing?

I’ll be playing mostly competitive matches and a little free roam. Not much for co op as most games are too easy but I’ll probably knock all of those out with a buddy or two. Also I’ll be playing poker, and horse racing if they have it. Maybe a duel mode too? Of course battle royale if they got it. What about a prize fighting mode?

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2571
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Multiplayer mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:49:16 AM »
It really depends on how they do it.  I loved gang matches in RDR, played them for 5 years or so, but I hated TDM in GTA 5. It was terrible.  So hopefully they don’t screw it up.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5634
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
GTAV gang matches were unplayable IMO. As were (sorry guys) the Max Payne 3 multiplayer games. Having the ability to start matches with different (and vastly superior load outs) is dumb. One the things that attracted me to RDR1 MP was that no matter how much you played, you still started out each match with the exact same weapons.

Just imagine, because I was able to play longer hours or I decided to pay real coin for upgrades/downloads, that I started each gang match in RDR1 with dynamtie, the double action and the bolt action and you get just the cattleman and the repeater carbine? How many new players would stick around for that slaughter?

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5570
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:03:45 AM »
It really depends on how they do it.  I loved gang matches in RDR, played them for 5 years or so, but I hated TDM in GTA 5. It was terrible.  So hopefully they don’t screw it up.

yes, Red Dead MP was excellent , Max Payne Mp was very good, but they really dropped the ball with GTAV, the proof will be in the pudding but a trailer would be most welcome so we can get an insight.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:18:49 AM by Craigyroo »
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 08:08:11 AM »
. Having the ability to start matches with different (and vastly superior load outs) is dumb. One the things that attracted me to RDR1 MP was that no matter how much you played, you still started out each match with the exact same weapons.

Point taken, I liked the mechanics of Max Payne 3 MP , the load out unlocking was frustrating.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Stranger thing.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 08:19:42 AM »
What gamemodes will you be playing?

I’ll be playing mostly competitive matches and a little free roam. Not much for co op as most games are too easy but I’ll probably knock all of those out with a buddy or two. Also I’ll be playing poker, and horse racing if they have it. Maybe a duel mode too? Of course battle royale if they got it. What about a prize fighting mode?

Hopefully FFA and Gang Wars.

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2571
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 08:47:22 AM »

yes, Red Dead MP was excellent , Max Payne Mp was very good, but they really dropped the ball with GTAV, the proof will be in the pudding but a trailer would be most welcome so we can get an insight.

I wasn’t a fan of max payne either.  I tried hard to like it, but much like GTA it felt clunky to me.  Not a lot of maneuverability.  The only thing that makes RDR auto lock tolerable is the ability to roll and maneuver to break aim combined with the one shot headshot.  To me max Payne and GTAjust felt like we were locking on and button mashing.

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1991
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 03:01:48 PM »
Hoping to spend most of my time in death matches, if there up to the standard of RDR1. Like most, thought the GTAV death matches were terrible, Max Payne ones were fun.
Hoping for a battle royal mode, I’ve only paid it in Fortnite but there really fun imo. Also hoping for some Battlefield/Battlefront conquest modes, with set objectives like in those games.
Strain robbery mode would also be pretty fun, with one team spawning on the train and others on horses outside. A train land grab in free roam at the least.

Online Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1131
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 04:01:11 PM »
I really liked the gang wars mode from max Payne. Kind of like stronghold in RDR. Round 1 you had to plant a bomv or something and the other team defended. Then round 2 would change based on if you exploded the bomb or not, etc...the only negative for me in MP3 was that certain weapons and bursts were overpowered and rockstar never fixed it. Entire teams were in bombsuits with sawn offs and used big dog all the time. Plus I thought that your character felt so smooth compared  to RDR 1. Rolls and shoot dodging. You felt like you were on a high speed unicycle compared to the wheelbarrow movement of RDR. I think we all played RDR so much that it became second nature and we adjusted to it. I mean you’d get easy kills on someone trying for the third time to get through a door! At least in SP Arthur feels solid and weighty. MP3 felt kind of weightless to me. This feels more like the last of us or gears of war. Interesting to see if it changes for MP. I remember in 1 the single player crouch walk was so slow, but in MP you just scooted along.

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 3
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 11:23:54 PM »
I don’t remember being that the crouch was slower in single player than in multiplayer in rdr1 so this gives me hope that they don’t just copy and paste but actually switch some things up to make it better for multiplayer. I agree gtav was unplayable in competitive modes. The dual wield weapons were OP in max Payne 3. Idk I just like the movement in max Payne it just seemed so responsive. It’s ok to have some body weight behind the character, pubg has no weight and rdr1 has too much imo, I agree we played rdr1 so much we jusrt got accustomed. I’ll probably end up hating how they do the multiplayer but end up playing it so much I get used to it like rdr1. Yea really hoping on a non-respawn mode, maybe even like search n destroy in cod.