Username: Password:

Author Topic: My first impressions of online  (Read 2430 times)

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 954
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My first impressions of online
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 06:13:08 PM »
Joined a shootout thinking it was a team game.  Ended up in an FFA type match instead.  I'll feel better when I have friends to play with.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2785
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 07:31:05 PM »
Joined a shootout thinking it was a team game.  Ended up in an FFA type match instead.  I'll feel better when I have friends to play with.

They’re all mixed together

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2785
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 07:31:51 PM »
For anyone who has played shootouts, would it be fair to say the it plays more like GTAV death matches than Red Dead deaths Matches?
BTW, something I thought I’d hate but didn’t. Thought the diving mechanic is pretty good. I like it a lot

I think it feels like a cross between gta and max Payne.  But I hate the dive. :p

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 203
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 09:27:00 PM »
It's exactly as I feared, they are gonna push those microtransactions haaaard. Everything is expensive and money is tough to get.
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 954
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 09:28:13 PM »

They’re all mixed together

I do not like this.  I do not like this at all.  I want to play on a team.
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline TheDandyManCan

• The Good Brotherski
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 666
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 10:29:53 PM »
Private lobbies need to happen yesterday

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1952
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »
Melee is... weird.  It's really random feeling when you get that close to someone, ex: I charged in with my knife ended up grabbing them by the throat and choking them to death, WTH?  Cool but not what I wanted. 

Hit detector feels rbitrary too.  Inconsistent.  Diving doesn't do much to save you if caught out, not sure how to maximize that mechanic
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:40:55 AM by floofgoofer »

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2022
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 03:19:14 AM »
No bag games so far as well from what I’ve seen? I’m sure they’ll be introduced, but was also sure they would be a core game mode like in Red dead

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 05:41:18 AM »
No bag games so far as well from what I’ve seen? I’m sure they’ll be introduced, but was also sure they would be a core game mode like in Red dead

Yup. No bag games which was a disappointing discovery. They're forcing these Battle Royale tragedy.

But hey, neglecting 2 most popular RDR 1 team modes(GRAB THE BAG, HOLD YOUR OWN) is an awful decision by Rockstar.

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1082
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 05:47:32 AM »
there is a bag game in free roam ... think it's something to do with delivering the mail ... you take on the job and all other players in free roam are alerted to come try to stop you ... keep in mind this is a beta and like GTA5 will have more things to do added as it goes ... so if you like things or don't like things in game or not in game yet post your ideas to Rock* ...

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1952
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »
Got my first knife kill.... sorta  ???

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kVma6O9T4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kVma6O9T4</a>

I am already over this money grind, it's going to be a nightmare trying to get a hold of decent gear, horses, let alone outfits and fun stuff.  Leveling only unlocks things, nothing more. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:31:01 AM by floofgoofer »

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 06:39:31 AM »

Yup. No bag games which was a disappointing discovery. They're forcing these Battle Royale tragedy.

But hey, neglecting 2 most popular RDR 1 team modes(GRAB THE BAG, HOLD YOUR OWN) is an awful decision by Rockstar.
Hopefully they add them in the future, but I do like the new modes, like the Land Grab game mode and most wanted, not the biggest fan of name your weapon.
And I do think Fortnite and Blackout(haven't played blackout, only watched it) are pretty cool, so hopefully they add a fully fledged battle royal mode at some stage.
I guess my advice for any who hasn't played it yet is to not expect it to be the exact same as RDR1 but with better graphics. It feels and plays differently, but I'm still really excited to get fully into it.
BTW, something no ones mentioned, the economy seems a bit strange. I played about 6 hours yesterday(mostly matches) and made about 100 dollars, maybe less. The cheapest weapon I saw is $150. And all clothing costs money and is also locked behind a level.
Some clothing is locked behind Gold Bars, and I think I have 0.35 of a gold bar after my time playing so far(you get them for gang matches etc.). Yet to do the story mode, so not sure what type of money you get from those.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5698
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
I really don’t want to sound negative or nit-pick but my impression isn’t great so far…
•   The “feel” of the game is greatly lacking, considering the fairly refined controls of Red Dead in terms of headshots, aiming mechanics etc there is a more “Arcade” fast paced feel to Red Dead 2 which personally I don’t like.
•   The lack of roll detracts from the tactical / timing element of gun fights
•   No standoff at the start of the game, this definitely takes an element of the western atmosphere away, also your enemy because more of a faceless non entity as you effectively don’t get a change to compare teams
•   No announcer, I miss hearing “Lawmen vs Miners….. You…. Get Ready…..”
•   Lack of kill cam
•   No bag games
•   Melee mechanic is really hit and miss
•   No aim mode specific lobby
•   No private lobby
•   No level playing field if higher level players can unlock better weapons this doesn’t inspire me to grind and unlock weapons it just frustrates me that I have a pee shooting Carbine and they have a shoulder mounted cannon.
•   It seems the foundation for Multiplayer is based off of GTA V rather than Red Dead hence the massive departure in terms of how the game feels.
•   The mini map is fairly useless, sprint, don’t sprint, doesn’t seem to matter with regards to being visible. 
•   Lack of level specific badges 
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »
Standoff and the announcer are big losses in my opinion, but I definitely agree with the "feel". It doesn't feel like the old Red Dead did. Headshots and everything are still there, along with the core mechanics, but, I don't know, just feels different.
It is a beta, so I would expect a lot of the you said above Craig to change, but they can't change the way the gameplay feels and works.
Having said all that though, I have enjoyed it a lot so far, and am sure I will get used to it.

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 203
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
I am already over this money grind, it's going to be a nightmare trying to get a hold of decent gear, horses, let alone outfits and fun stuff.  Leveling only unlocks things, nothing more. 

This. I don't mind a bit of grinding, but with how expensive literally everything is, it's just gonna be tedious. The grind is what killed GTA Online for me, it just stopped being fun trying to get any cool stuff. It's all to get those sweet sweet microtransactions.
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 930
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »
What is the best way to exit an online session?

Is there a quick exit trigger somewhere?   I been going to pause menu > Story mode > Exit game..... and takes me back to the menu.

Does that save our progress on the Rockstar server?

Offline TheDandyManCan

• The Good Brotherski
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 666
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2018, 04:23:07 PM »
My friend and I went to Benedict Point to start one of those shitty free roam missions where you drive a wagon or something and get paid two loose buttons and a spent bullet for it. Anyhow, we were set upon by a posse of like 5 people, one of whom took the form of a ghost. If you haven't noticed yet, when you're selling stuff or interacting with clerks and that, you become a ghost on other players screens and xannot be attacked. All well and good, but ghost man lassoed my partner and I literally couldn't do anything about it.

Offline Riznind

• Rolling Block Bully
  • Liked: 16
  • D1RTY12 - D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2018, 04:37:56 PM »
No free aim rooms... no bag games...
Headshot or die!

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 930
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2018, 04:38:48 PM »
That lasso is going to Pee off so many players...… ok we all begged for it in RDR1,  but everyone is abusing it and just be childish.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1370
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2018, 05:06:41 PM »
Ok, I'm starting to like it a little more now. It's definitely something that you need buddies to play with to help each other as well as watch each other's back.

To anyone here, please feel free to send me a game/party invite and if I can join I will! Ignore my online status if it says "do not disturb"... it don't apply to my forum homies, yo! LOL.

For now, I prefer to do story missions and free roam activities and I need some help with all the options.....I will venture to PvP when I feel more comfortable.