Username: Password:

Author Topic: My first impressions of online  (Read 2426 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2785
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My first impressions of online
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
My other gripe is about paying for ammo and guns to use in pvp.  Youre basically paying to win instead of starting off each match on level fair playing field.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 726
  • Knowlegde is Free; We Are Legion
  • Awards Most missed member Biggest perv Awarded to the user voted Biggest perv
    • View Profile
    • http://anabolic1977@hotmail.com
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
My other gripe is about paying for ammo and guns to use in pvp.  Youre basically paying to win instead of starting off each match on level fair playing field.

Agreed 100%.

That was one my gripes in my first post when i was able to play on Friday. But as stated, the game is growing on me.

RDR 2 Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNqF-O7LvOqRZLcY0ny5

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2018, 09:36:03 AM »

Agreed 100%.

That was one my gripes in my first post when i was able to play on Friday. But as stated, the game is growing on me.

Its definitely growing on me too, but they definitely need to fix some things.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2018, 09:47:19 AM »

Agreed 100%.

Its definitely growing on me too, but they definitely need to fix some things.

Yes, i agree! I 'm confident that rockstar will address issues and its only beta is what i keep telling myself 😂

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2018, 09:57:42 AM »
After years of corresponding with rockstar about various issues ranging from bugs to cheaters to modders, I don’t have a lot of confidence in rockstar’s ability to understand anything that goes on in their games.  My hopes is that their greed for the potential money this game is supposed to make with motivate them to pay attention at this early point in the game’s life.  Because we all know after a year or two of RDR they weren’t listening.  But GTA was highly successful so they want   repeat that.  Right now the general consensus isn’t spectacular so they need to fix these things quick, and more importantly they need people to be aware that they intend to fix things.  Aside from the idea that it is a beta, they haven’t really said much in terms of what they intend to fix.

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 930
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2018, 03:12:36 AM »
I just unlocked the fishing rod at rank 14, but then looking through the catalogue.

the hooks & flys unlock at ranks 30 - 50 ??

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2018, 04:40:18 AM »
Pvp truly needs a lot of work and I hope they’re listening.

I sent them some feedbacks regarding Gang matches on the link they provided. Really do hope someone reads that. Gimme my Hold your Own.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2018, 06:47:51 AM »
After playing all weekend the more i play the more my opinions change. I think we were all so use to RDR1 that we became spoiled, afterall we played RDR1 for 2 to 3 years. This game is growing on me. Like I told some of u last night, i dont have too many issues with this game anymore but its the time length of the matches is my biggest concern. The maps are to big with the time lenghth of each match. Im hoping its a beta thing. And my only other issue i have is the lack of playable maps again i hope its a beta thing. The RDR2 combined with new austin there are so many PVP locations but only a handful that u play. At this point my only issues are time length of matches, lack of playable maps in PVP, no private matches, and like we all discussed while playing yesterday, i dont like the match making in PVP. Why form a posse if they always split us up🤔

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2018, 11:14:01 AM »
Here are my final opinions. Apologies for posting my opinions multiple times but since I was able to play in the everybody else community on friday and after playing all weekend and after leaving a 2 hr weight lifting session and having thought about the game while working out. Below are my final opinions as they evolved over the weekend and today when working out. One thing i learned after 20 yrs being a senior leader in the u.s. army is u cant please everyone. There will always be a handful who are not happy with ur choices or corporate products or anything for that matter.

What I love

1. Character Creation - this is spot on. The fact that we can taylor our characters to fit each player is amazing. From facial features, hair, clothing, masks, hats, etc...kicks ass. For example, craigyroo loves irish from RDR1, his character looks just like irish from his hat, hair color to even his rosey red cheeks. My beloved Casteyn created a sexy bad ass character as well, she fits her sexy ass. Even Mrs. Marston's character looks good. And im loving slayer's no shirt character. Im a fan of wyatt earp so im rocking his mustache. Character creation is excellent, it sure does beat 20 noobs in PVP playing as marston or ricketts.

2. I love how we can name our posses and everything we can do such as share posses outfits and what not.

3. I love the horse features from naming him/her to upgrading him/her.

4. Spawn points. At first i hated this but the more i played the more i thought about RDR1 and how the spawn points were close to the map (Armadillo). It created spawn killing. I dont mind running a good distance without getting spawn raped.

5. Map size - again at first i hated this but as a RDR1 junkie it was a knee jerk reaction to change. Most humans fear change it is evident when comparing RDR1 to RDR2. I no longer mind the size of the maps.

6. Really feeling the PVP drum beat music. I want that for a ring tone for my cell.

7. Weapon modification - although im near broke from buying the shitty bolt action and the awesome varmint but when i do have money cant wait to modify my weapons.

8. Free Roam Competitve Events - wow, im loving these and i have played about 5 of them and im still seeing more invites for different ones pop up when im in free roam. Where RDR1 only had land grab. RDR2 has king of the hill, capture/kill the posses leader, headshot challenge, bow and arrow challenge, pistol challenge, and a bag challenge where all players go after the same bag of gold. And im getting more pop up that i havent tried yet.

What I dont mind and what is growing on me

1. The dive - sure its not fluid and sure it dont match the flow of the game like the roll but the more i play the more i like it and im really getting use to in the middle of my dive and locking on to there head and getting up and pulling the trigger and bam, perfect headshot. Its also about realisim. Whether in the wild west or modern warfare no one is going to roll 40 times, hell i think if i attempt to roll myself just once like RDR1 i might be in the emergency room 😂

2. Buying ammo - again, RDR1 knee jerk reaction. Realisim. No one will have unlimited ammo. Besides if u forget to buy ammo before PVP match, thats the players problem not rockstar. I find myself my buying ammo before every match just to get in the habit. I came out of a PVP match with 91 out of 100 ammo for my varmint and refilled it just so i can keep the habit. It sucked on saturday when i forgot to buy rifle ammo before a match and had to use the cattlemen. That was a PapaBear problem not a rockstar problem.

3. The in game money system - again i hated it at first but the more i played over the weekend and the more i thought about it the more it keeps the game fun. It allows me to take a break from being a PVP whore to having to go hunting or gang hideouts or even the free roam events. The in game earnings system gives me something to save up for and look forward to such as weapon modifications. It beats everyone starting out with all weapons and outfits like like RDR1, boring.

What I miss from RDR1

1. The evans and henry repeater.

2. The Lemat revolver

3. TWO Convex Airplanes raging at nooby ass campers.

4. Bag matches - could change being this is beta.

5. No stand off

6. The roll, the roll, the roll

What I dont like and what needs to change

1. Time length of matches is way too short with the size of the maps. Could be a beta thing.

2. Not enough PVP maps - i can think of 10 to 15 spots off the top of my head that would be great but im not to concerned about this cause it is beta. Some of u know my opinion that im about 95% sure their will be a mexico DLC and those that know my opinion know why i believe that is true. But besides mexico and new austin there are so many good locations fron RDR2 that would be amazing. But it is beta

3. No private matches/free roam sessions,
No private matches/free roam sessions, No private matches/free roam sessions.

4. Posses in PVP - why posse up in free roam if when going into PVP they slipt u up. This wouldnt be bad if the had private matches.

5. No hardcore or casual sessions

These are my final thoughts/opinions as they have evolved since playing all weekend. The game is growing on me big time but PVP is still a mile away from RDR1.

P-Bear 😜
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:49:44 AM by SFC PapaBear »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1370
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »
 I think if you have a persistent posse, you won't get split up....but I could be wrong.  The other day when you guys were playing and I couldn't join you...on the start screen there was an option to rejoin the Mad Men Posse along with the free roam options. I thought that was pretty cool.

I found one thing I really like!  When you join up with someone, they spawn in your session right next to you!

I too, am liking it more and more!  Still hopeful that they will add an option for private sessions.

As Dutch would say...Keep the faith!

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »
 (whip)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
I think if you have a persistent posse, you won't get split up....but I could be wrong.  The other day when you guys were playing and I couldn't join you...on the start screen there was an option to rejoin the Mad Men Posse along with the free roam options. I thought that was pretty cool.

I found one thing I really like!  When you join up with someone, they spawn in your session right next to you!

I too, am liking it more and more!  Still hopeful that they will add an option for private sessions.

We had a persistent posse and still got split.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »

That could be Mrs. Marston as i didnt create the RRR or Madmen posse. Those posse leaders might know. That is a good question for Slayer (madmen posse leader or Joey, our posse leader).

Agreed! Its beta, although i cant stand dutch i will keep my faith 😂

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1370
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2018, 11:36:14 AM »
Well, that's something they need to fix....

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »

Did we yesterday? I cant remember 🤔

I think its something we need to figure out and play around with.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »

Did we yesterday? I cant remember 🤔

I think its something we need to figure out and play around with.

That whole time we were getting into one posse - there was 6 or 7 of us while a regular posse can only hold 4.  Persistent posses hold 7

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »
Horse Races

Hope Rockstar do non contact option for races and a no weapons...… don't always want a GTA weapons mode.

And Rockstar still don't have a clue how to place checkpoints, there always place a CP right on top of a turn...… place before the turn. so we have time to take appropriate action.

Roll on RedDeadOnline Creator.

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 5
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2018, 09:22:46 PM »
I want to have more character slots. Kinda like gta I wanna play as different types of characters. I actually like the customization although I wish they had more presets. Really want to make a female character, and an old farmer and  a civil war vet. Maybe some historical characters too Wyatt Earp or doc Holliday, or maybe game legends like Landon or nastas. Movie characters like Cullen bohannon or al swearingan (I know he’s real, but based on the tv series model) I love creating characters and playing the role, it would be TOO MUCH GRINDING THOUGH unless I whipped out the credit card....pssshhhhh yea right lol

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2018, 04:33:10 AM »
I think the character creator feature will be back..... Rockstar added it to the interaction menu on GTAO, so we could edit our character.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »
Here are my final opinions. Apologies for posting my opinions multiple times but since I was able to play in the everybody else community on friday and after playing all weekend and after leaving a 2 hr weight lifting session and having thought about the game while working out. Below are my final opinions as they evolved over the weekend and today when working out. One thing i learned after 20 yrs being a senior leader in the u.s. army is u cant please everyone. There will always be a handful who are not happy with ur choices or corporate products or anything for that matter.

What I love

1. Character Creation - this is spot on. The fact that we can taylor our characters to fit each player is amazing. From facial features, hair, clothing, masks, hats, etc...kicks ass. For example, craigyroo loves irish from RDR1, his character looks just like irish from his hat, hair color to even his rosey red cheeks. My beloved Casteyn created a sexy bad ass character as well, she fits her sexy ass. Even Mrs. Marston's character looks good. And im loving slayer's no shirt character. Im a fan of wyatt earp so im rocking his mustache. Character creation is excellent, it sure does beat 20 noobs in PVP playing as marston or ricketts.

2. I love how we can name our posses and everything we can do such as share posses outfits and what not.

3. I love the horse features from naming him/her to upgrading him/her.

4. Spawn points. At first i hated this but the more i played the more i thought about RDR1 and how the spawn points were close to the map (Armadillo). It created spawn killing. I dont mind running a good distance without getting spawn raped.

5. Map size - again at first i hated this but as a RDR1 junkie it was a knee jerk reaction to change. Most humans fear change it is evident when comparing RDR1 to RDR2. I no longer mind the size of the maps.

6. Really feeling the PVP drum beat music. I want that for a ring tone for my cell.

7. Weapon modification - although im near broke from buying the shitty bolt action and the awesome varmint but when i do have money cant wait to modify my weapons.

8. Free Roam Competitve Events - wow, im loving these and i have played about 5 of them and im still seeing more invites for different ones pop up when im in free roam. Where RDR1 only had land grab. RDR2 has king of the hill, capture/kill the posses leader, headshot challenge, bow and arrow challenge, pistol challenge, and a bag challenge where all players go after the same bag of gold. And im getting more pop up that i havent tried yet.

What I dont mind and what is growing on me

1. The dive - sure its not fluid and sure it dont match the flow of the game like the roll but the more i play the more i like it and im really getting use to in the middle of my dive and locking on to there head and getting up and pulling the trigger and bam, perfect headshot. Its also about realisim. Whether in the wild west or modern warfare no one is going to roll 40 times, hell i think if i attempt to roll myself just once like RDR1 i might be in the emergency room 😂

2. Buying ammo - again, RDR1 knee jerk reaction. Realisim. No one will have unlimited ammo. Besides if u forget to buy ammo before PVP match, thats the players problem not rockstar. I find myself my buying ammo before every match just to get in the habit. I came out of a PVP match with 91 out of 100 ammo for my varmint and refilled it just so i can keep the habit. It sucked on saturday when i forgot to buy rifle ammo before a match and had to use the cattlemen. That was a PapaBear problem not a rockstar problem.

3. The in game money system - again i hated it at first but the more i played over the weekend and the more i thought about it the more it keeps the game fun. It allows me to take a break from being a PVP whore to having to go hunting or gang hideouts or even the free roam events. The in game earnings system gives me something to save up for and look forward to such as weapon modifications. It beats everyone starting out with all weapons and outfits like like RDR1, boring.

What I miss from RDR1

1. The evans and henry repeater.

2. The Lemat revolver

3. TWO Convex Airplanes raging at nooby ass campers.

4. Bag matches - could change being this is beta.

5. No stand off

6. The roll, the roll, the roll

What I dont like and what needs to change

1. Time length of matches is way too short with the size of the maps. Could be a beta thing.

2. Not enough PVP maps - i can think of 10 to 15 spots off the top of my head that would be great but im not to concerned about this cause it is beta. Some of u know my opinion that im about 95% sure their will be a mexico DLC and those that know my opinion know why i believe that is true. But besides mexico and new austin there are so many good locations fron RDR2 that would be amazing. But it is beta

3. No private matches/free roam sessions,
No private matches/free roam sessions, No private matches/free roam sessions.

4. Posses in PVP - why posse up in free roam if when going into PVP they slipt u up. This wouldnt be bad if the had private matches.

5. No hardcore or casual sessions

These are my final thoughts/opinions as they have evolved since playing all weekend. The game is growing on me big time but PVP is still a mile away from RDR1.

P-Bear 😜

Oh and one more opinion, that 4 teams of 4 in my personal opinion is too chaotic for my liking. Too many damn colors appearing on the map. They dont have to do away with it for those who like it but how hard is it just to bring back the classic 8 vs 8, hold your own, and stronghold. I do like hostile terrority but would love to see stronghold as a future DLC. I believe it was a DLC the first time. I don't understand Rockstar, if all the games modes in PVP on RDR1 made it a success why change them all. If i could get in as CEO of Rockstar with my MBA degree, i wouldnt have have changed anything regarding PVP since it was loved the first time. I would have kept everything the same too include the roll then added to what worked. They could have introduced the dive and gave players a chance to choose before going into a PVP mode. Kind like how they have weapon loadouts before each match. All the original modes plus introducing to my market the new stuff, i.e, most wanted, hostile terrority, 4 teams of 4 etc....

But however...it is what it is and its still RDR and i still love it 😁