Username: Password:

Author Topic: Favorite hunting spots?  (Read 311 times)

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1116
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Favorite hunting spots?
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:06:04 AM »
Hunting is a fun thing to do in RDR2. Where is your favorite spot to do some hunting?

Mine is in Great Plains. There are plenty of animals about. Buffalo are abundant and can be hunted all day. There are plenty of deer, bucks, pronghorns, and rams about. Small game is also around with rabbits, foxes, coyotes, skunks, and raccoons. If you get near the boundary at Tall Trees a lone bull elk or black bear will roam into the area. The plains are very open and you can see a good ways away. Perfect for busting out that Carcano rifle for some long-distance headshots. You can also run down prey with your bow and arrow and not have to worry about slamming into a tree or a rock. I think the Great Plains area is a great place to go hunting and make some good money.

Have a holly, jolly ASS MÖDE Christmas!

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1079
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Favorite hunting spots?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:15:59 AM »
i've noticed in some of the streams i've watched that if you lasso your animal then subdue it by knife you'll have a much greater chance for maintaining a 3 star rated pelt and carcass ... and yes prime carcass can fetch more money than the pelt ... and turkey feather go for 45 cents each ... they add up quick ... happy hunting ...

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 928
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Favorite hunting spots?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »
i've noticed in some of the streams i've watched that if you lasso your animal then subdue it by knife you'll have a much greater chance for maintaining a 3 star rated pelt and carcass ... and yes prime carcass can fetch more money than the pelt ... and turkey feather go for 45 cents each ... they add up quick ... happy hunting ...
And the cut scene looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »

I didn't even know you could do that...

On big game, I usually hit it with a headshot with the Carcano rifle. Always get good to perfect pelts everytime. I use the Springfield rifle on big game that is closer and get the same result. On smaller game I use my bow with a headshot or a body shot and usually end up with good to perfect pelts as well. That's my go-to for hunting.

Side note: I killed the legendary buck and got the antler trinket which causes you to yield better pelts. Kill the buck and it will help out greatly. I rarely get poor pelts now.

Offline IndianOutlaw

• Flügenweb SpaceCode
  • Red River Resistance
  • Twitzone AssMöde
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:19:34 AM »
By the way, just killed the Legendary Buffalo. It was a good hunt.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1365
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »
This is for online and I don't know if the same thing happens in single player, but....if you go to Window Rock up in the Grizzlies East, go to the waterfall next to the train tracks and follow your way carefully around the edges to get behind the waterfall and dozens of fish fall onto the rock ledge behind the waterfall. I don't have a fishing rod yet, so this is a good way to make money selling fish to the butcher.