Username: Password:

Author Topic: I need help with PvP  (Read 365 times)

Offline SFC PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 658
  • Knowlegde is Free; We Are Legion
  • Awards Most missed member Biggest perv Awarded to the user voted Biggest perv
    • View Profile
    • http://anabolic1977@hotmail.com
    • Awards
Re: I need help with PvP
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 09:35:08 PM »
I find deadeye still useful in a pinch, with bolt action you can put two x on something, which I think is it.

Correct, i may in future use dead eye in a pinch but i havent yet. Listen to floof, Mrs. Marston....P-Bear taught him everything he knows 😂

RDR 1 Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/rrrPapaBear
RDR 2 Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNqF-O7LvOqRZLcY0ny5

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5660
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 05:38:20 AM »
Yup, I'm gonna wait and see how much they lower prices on stuff!  They really need to...it's ridiculous.

I have the Ultimate Edition so I got the Varmint rifle, pump action and volcanic for free.

Another thing...I don't know if it's me being slow...but there's no time to concentrate on a head shot sometimes!  I start to aim and I'm already one-shotted dead!

I refuse to give up though....I'm determined to "git gud".  lol

Pressing down to expand the mini map is an idea, the mini map isn't that effective but it helps a little. 
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2661
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 05:51:26 AM »
An old tip that still rings true from RDR1 is the shoulder switch.  While aiming your gun you can switch your camera angle from one shoulder to the next to better see around cover.  You hold the left trigger and push left or right on the d pad.

Also, something cool floof and I were talking about is the reticule in this game can help your accuracy with guns like the bolt action and carbine.  Your instinct is to shoot as fast as you can, but if you wait a second or so longer, your reticule shrinks after locking on.  The smaller the outer circle is the more accurate your shot will be.

Offline SFC PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 07:13:21 AM »
Also, something cool floof and I were talking about is the reticule in this game can help your accuracy with guns like the bolt action and carbine.  Your instinct is to shoot as fast as you can, but if you wait a second or so longer, your reticule shrinks after locking on.  The smaller the outer circle is the more accurate your shot will be.

Interesting! Thats good to know. Damn fish if u and floof were women, i would hit it 😂

But for real, i dont think my nooby ass was aware of that. Im the noob who is quick on the trigger 😁

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »

Interesting! Thats good to know. Damn fish if u and floof were women, i would hit it 😂

But for real, i dont think my nooby ass was aware of that. Im the noob who is quick on the trigger 😁

I suppose that's one of the few advantages of DE this time, it negates the recticule shrink time.

Quick question, does anyone use the short scope on any of the rifles or repeaters? If so is it worthwhile? 

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1277
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 11:40:47 AM »
These are all great suggestions that I will definitely try....ya'll are super helpful...thank you!

Keep it coming....think we will all learn as we get better and better!

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Stranger thing.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »
These are all great suggestions that I will definitely try....ya'll are super helpful...thank you!

Keep it coming....think we will all learn as we get better and better!

Use cover, keep a low profile, sprinting doesn't expose you on the mini map but line of sight seems to, ru to hearts content you can move fairly quickly in the crouch position as well and this keeps your head down and hopefully harder to headshot when moving through open space.

Online Inhuman Remains

• Honorary Aussie
  • Liked: 290
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
I use the short scope on the varmint rifle. even when not in use it adds a little bit of accuracy to the weapon. When aiming down site it seems quite similar to the medium scope and seems to give a small boost in distance with the varmint.

sig by Kazzy .

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2009
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 06:38:31 PM »
Is the aim mide we’re using equivalent to casual in RDR1?

And to anyone who’s completed some of those buckle challenges, do we get to wear those on our character?
Nvm, you can equip any buckles earned the wardrobe
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:09:01 PM by Registration »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 07:16:42 PM »
I don't know....can't really figure it out. I have mine on normal and depending on the distance of my target I will flick the stick up to try to get a headshot.

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2018, 08:20:45 PM »
I feel like it’s more similar to casual than normal.

Offline DangerGirl33

• Mademoiselle Dangereuse
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 951
  • Let's get decadent
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
I miss the narrator.

"Sweeeet justice"
This sure beats milking cows!

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 12:14:25 PM »
Yup, I'm gonna wait and see how much they lower prices on stuff!  They really need to...it's ridiculous.

I have the Ultimate Edition so I got the Varmint rifle, pump action and volcanic for free.

Another thing...I don't know if it's me being slow...but there's no time to concentrate on a head shot sometimes!  I start to aim and I'm already one-shotted dead!

U have to be quick. Watch kazzy's video i commented on recently and watch my rdr1 youtube page as i havent posted vids for rdr2 in my new youtube yet. Or go to my recent captures on the xbox or the xbox app. I have some good headshots in those.

Here is the bottom line: the headshot is known as the flick because its a quick flicking motion. Lock and flick upward. Which is why my aim sensitivtiy is all the way up, it allows for a quicker flick.

When i come on tomorrow, we practice in free roam. I remember in rdr1 when Vegun was a super legend he created a headshot boot camp for beginners. And since he no longer a super legend in rdr2 but a super noob. Then i will hijack his boot camp and name it P-Bear's headshot boot camp. I got ya girl but as long as u buy a red bandana for pvp. Thats the new RRR signature when in PVP. They cheap about 6 bucks.

I got my red bandana! And made the change to my gamertag....RRR Meleana. Sorry I didn't catch you on the other day....think our time zones are way different maybe. I mostly play at night.

Whenever any of you guys see me on and you feel like playing....I'm up for anything: PvP, hunting, rooftopping, missions or whatever.....just send me an invite! And like I said somewhere else, I don't join parties unless invited. (I'm kinda shy that way and think it's rude to just join without being invited)

Offline SFC PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »

U have to be quick. Watch kazzy's video i commented on recently and watch my rdr1 youtube page as i havent posted vids for rdr2 in my new youtube yet. Or go to my recent captures on the xbox or the xbox app. I have some good headshots in those.

Here is the bottom line: the headshot is known as the flick because its a quick flicking motion. Lock and flick upward. Which is why my aim sensitivtiy is all the way up, it allows for a quicker flick.

When i come on tomorrow, we practice in free roam. I remember in rdr1 when Vegun was a super legend he created a headshot boot camp for beginners. And since he no longer a super legend in rdr2 but a super noob. Then i will hijack his boot camp and name it P-Bear's headshot boot camp. I got ya girl but as long as u buy a red bandana for pvp. Thats the new RRR signature when in PVP. They cheap about 6 bucks.

I got my red bandana! And made the change to my gamertag....RRR Meleana. Sorry I didn't catch you on the other day....think our time zones are way different maybe. I mostly play at night.

Whenever any of you guys see me on and you feel like playing....I'm up for anything: PvP, hunting, rooftopping, missions or whatever.....just send me an invite! And like I said somewhere else, I don't join parties unless invited. (I'm kinda shy that way and think it's rude to just join without being invited)

About time on the red bandana noob 😁

Im in germany so im 7 hrs ahead but been grinding till 2 to 3am since beta release. Shooting mother fuckers up in PVP, chilling with best red dead friends a gunslinger can ask for, and chasing the hottest gamer chick in the world around. So P-Bear is always on minus the 4 hrs i need to sleep 😁

U need to just join our party, most of us play PVP so normally we in a match. I recommend just jumping in our party and we will welcome u with open arms 😁

Offline utb1528

• Gunslinger
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 256
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2018, 11:39:34 PM »
Proud trainee at the Vegeta Boot Camp.
100% Completion RDR and UN

Offline utb1528

• Gunslinger
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 256
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2018, 02:28:53 AM »
This youtube video looks good too.   https://youtu.be/pIKR0Phc1eY
Proud trainee at the Vegeta Boot Camp.
100% Completion RDR and UN

Online Inhuman Remains

• Honorary Aussie
  • Liked: 290
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2018, 07:02:20 AM »
I actually just watched that video and was going to post it on here too. it does have some good tips instead of the same old exploits most of these youtubers copy each other and post.

sig by Kazzy .

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2018, 10:22:25 AM »
I was getting ready to make a similar video.  Been collecting clips for it.  I might still, mines slightly different.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »

About time on the red bandana noob 😁

Im in germany so im 7 hrs ahead but been grinding till 2 to 3am since beta release. Shooting mother fuckers up in PVP, chilling with best red dead friends a gunslinger can ask for, and chasing the hottest gamer chick in the world around. So P-Bear is always on minus the 4 hrs i need to sleep 😁

U need to just join our party, most of us play PVP so normally we in a match. I recommend just jumping in our party and we will welcome u with open arms 😁

Yea, I almost bought the $20 bandana which I like better!  :P

Ok, well...maybe I will catch you all on sometime and I will join. As far as PvP goes...I tried most of the suggestions and I don't think I'm cut out for it...everyone is getting better at it and I'm just getting worse and worse.  The shooting is sooo different from single player...I'm pretty damn good in single player...LOL.   I will be really really happy if and when they add private sessions and more things to do co-op-wise.

Offline Abstractik

• Native Pride
  • Liked: 5
  • R* fanboy, yes I admit it, you should too.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2018, 07:10:15 PM »
I’ve been doing decent with the Lancaster. The varmint is very good too for headshots as mentioned with a quick firing rate. I suggest not buying the double action...it was my favorite pistol in rdr1 but it is trash in this one(imo)