Username: Password:

Author Topic: This online is garbage!!  (Read 1417 times)

Offline UvS xR4GEx

• Liked: 178
  • Believe In The Power Of One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: This online is garbage!!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 06:29:52 AM »
I love the single player story it's a masterpiece.. but Online is absolutely terrible compared to the original. It's slow, it's laggy, it's just everything I feared. I hate GTAV online and this is basically the same game just set in the Western. Don't get me wrong I'm doing quite well with K/D always positive, but I have no fun playing it at all.

I'm so disappointed with R* on this thought they would have at least kept the shooting the same.. that was the best difference between GTA and RDR.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5747
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 07:14:10 AM »

1. Hold Your Own and Grab The Bag

SHOULD be a no-brainer. They have to add bag games.

2. More town oriented deathmatches. Screw the damn woods.

This x 100. The simple fact they thought that it was a good idea to have us running around in the woods in MOST of the games in beta shows you just how poorly this was thought out.

3. Smaller maps and fixed spawn points(spawning behind you all the time and spawning far from action so you run alot until you find someone)

I have a clip, that I need to upload, of me spawning at the south west part of the tumbleweed map, which is at the bottom of the hill, and me running for 2 minutes and 30 seconds to get back into town ONLY to be killed by someone who spawned right behind me as I got near the barn. Laughable.

4. Preset weapons for each map. Cause with your own guns and ammo it's pretty much pay to win.

My first experience with this nonsense was actually early in GTAV. Was in a team shootout playing against Fubar, and he had the rocket launcher, grenade launcher and dynamite while me being an noob was running around with the basic loadout. Was pretty much it for me there. Then, in Max Payne 3, same thing finding myself in games with my crappy load out against people wielding bomb suites and TWO sawed off shot guns. Now this garbage. Just an idiotic way to set up PvP games.

5. Option to choose which mode to play not being forced into a certain mode.

Nobody is going to argue with this being an issue. I think this will be one of the first things addressed when the game is now rolled out for real.

6. Mexican standoff at the start and The Announcer guy

Really miss this.

7. Team colours are an epic fail. What was wrong with lawmen, Walton's gang, miners, Dutch's gang? At least you could see who's on your team.

I'm actually VERY color blind. So me and colors don't do well anyway. They do have actually names for each team though. Dandies always seem to win. Mad Men always seem to lose (at least when I'm on them :P )

8. Freaking Mexico and Tesoro Azul.

DLC waaaaay down the road.

Also what the hell happened with "if you're pressing X, everybody can see you in the mini map". Or pressing X to respawn faster and everyone sees you?

Not really sure when you show up on people's map. Line of sight? When you stop to camp? Running around definitely doesn't make you show up on the mini-map.

And let me add this one. Those STUPID ability cards. They brought in this similar concepts from Max Payne 3, which IMO, where truly awful. If I'm 5 feet away and land a head shot with my double-barrel you should be dead. WTF is with giving gamers the ability to equip a hat that can actual stop head shots? How dumb of an idea is this?

The worst for me is that the knifing is terrible. No reprieve for me there. I'd actually be fine running around going 3-10 if all 3 kills were knife kills. But knifing mechanics are dumb. Scripted. In RDR1 you could "free knife." Here I haven't figured out to do any of that. And if someone can die from being stabbed once, why the hell isn't that the FIRST thing I can do? Why do I have to take 6 damn slashes before it decides to kill someone?

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline ComeAtMeBrah

• LORD - Legends of Red Dead
  • Liked: 953
  • Awards Best at RDR 2014 Worst member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 09:01:31 AM »
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about regarding the spawns.  The spawns seem fine to me.

::)

Not really sure when you show up on people's map. Line of sight? When you stop to camp? Running around definitely doesn't make you show up on the mini-map.

I think it is line of sight(in front of you) plus anybody who is very close to you.  It doesn't show people behind you like RDR1 did.  I don't think it's possible to sneak around on RDR2 like RDR1 since it shows anyone close by.

It seems like RDR1 might be the last great game R* made before microtransactions took over gaming.  Because you know they will be selling their RDR2 gold for real $.

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2021
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »
Is there hats you can wear to stop headshots? I haven’t seen any yet

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 726
  • Knowlegde is Free; We Are Legion
  • Awards Most missed member Biggest perv Awarded to the user voted Biggest perv
    • View Profile
    • http://anabolic1977@hotmail.com
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »

I heard there was an ability card that allows u to take one headshot. But u have to wear a hat otherwise it wont work. That is the affect of the ability card because it knocks off ur hat. From what i heard, if u have that ability card and enter match without hat it wont work.

RDR 2 Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNqF-O7LvOqRZLcY0ny5

Offline Inhuman Remains

• Honorary Aussie
  • Liked: 297
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 02:47:45 PM »

Defense Ability Card List
Ability   Unlock   Effect
Hunker Down   Rank 20   Take less damage while in cover
To Fight Another Day   Rank 22   Take less damage while sprinting
The Unblinking Eye   Rank 26   Dead Eye & Eagle Eye gauge drains slower
Take the Pain Away   Rank 34   Reviving a player grants you and the target defense boost for 8 seconds
Of Single Purpose   Rank 40   Take less damage while using melee weapon or unarmed
Never without One   Rank 46   Hats will block a single headshot
Takes more damage without hats

sig by Kazzy .

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1952
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 09:20:40 PM »
That ability card is not so OP as everyone makes it out to be   it stops one shot per match, you do not respawn with a hat whenever you die, additionally, if the next match is ffa you still won't have a hat, until you change your outfit or the game puts you in an outfit for a team.
If a player is eating multiple headshots that is lag, not cards, nothing there makes someone a terminator.

For the record I think they are a silly idea, and wish for the level field of rdr1.  That imho was the truly best aspect. And the announcer ldo, "sweet justice" Soo nice.

Offline UnWrappedLemon8

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 35
  • F*#k the RB button!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 02:18:41 AM »
That ability card is not so OP as everyone makes it out to be   it stops one shot per match, you do not respawn with a hat whenever you die, additionally, if the next match is ffa you still won't have a hat, until you change your outfit or the game puts you in an outfit for a team.
If a player is eating multiple headshots that is lag, not cards, nothing there makes someone a terminator.

For the record I think they are a silly idea, and wish for the level field of rdr1.  That imho was the truly best aspect. And the announcer ldo, "sweet justice" Soo nice.

Fair enough could be lag I honestly couldn’t say as we were both moving normally if you know what I mean.  But the cards are a stupid idea.  I believe most who played RDR loved the way PVP was done, but free roam was boring!
Free roam in RDR 2 I find good because you can compete in FR games with other players in the session, which you couldn’t do in RDR 1. So combine the best of the two RDR’s and you have a kick arse online game.  Leave the money system as it is in RDR 2 because then you need to work for something. Whereas in RDR there was no such thing, you got money but no one knew what for or how you can use it I guess. Going into PvP without ammo for your guns is fun in a way because it has consequences 😂  the only gripe is the chance to buy ammo ends too fast in RDR 2. Anyway hopefully this was kinda clear enough to understand. 

So combine the best of both and we have a fantastic online game, bring back the announcer and shootouts before each match....imagine a 18 player each side shootout?
Ability Cards??  They don't matter if you have NO ability!

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 07:21:38 AM »

Fair enough could be lag I honestly couldn’t say as we were both moving normally if you know what I mean.  But the cards are a stupid idea.  I believe most who played RDR loved the way PVP was done, but free roam was boring!
Free roam in RDR 2 I find good because you can compete in FR games with other players in the session, which you couldn’t do in RDR 1. So combine the best of the two RDR’s and you have a kick arse online game.  Leave the money system as it is in RDR 2 because then you need to work for something. Whereas in RDR there was no such thing, you got money but no one knew what for or how you can use it I guess. Going into PvP without ammo for your guns is fun in a way because it has consequences 😂  the only gripe is the chance to buy ammo ends too fast in RDR 2. Anyway hopefully this was kinda clear enough to understand. 

So combine the best of both and we have a fantastic online game, bring back the announcer and shootouts before each match....imagine a 18 player each side shootout?

That's true. Free roam is interesting which wasn't the case with OG RDR. But that still doesn't make me feel better about Gang Matches and all the changes which aren't that good.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5698
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 08:39:19 AM »

good info, I take my hat off to you.

<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2018, 11:33:32 AM »
Hey, cowboys and cowgirls!

I bought the ultimate edition, so my experience may not have been as grindy as other peoples. I bought that edition because Rockstar makes great quality games and Red Dead Redemption 1 is one of my favorite games of all time-- Especially the multi-player! I have never pre-order, or paid more than base price for a game in my life. You see, I knew I would regret it if I didn’t buy ultimate edition... And I as right. 

First off, the single player was great, even though I feel like Rockstar’s open world story/mission formula is starting to wear thin after almost 20 years. Aside from that, I like almost everything else.

I wasn’t too big on Arthur Morgan at first. In fact, for the first 3 days I played I referred to him as Artfart Moron because he came across as, well... A moron. But then the story progressed and he developed into a compelling character. I mean, I still think he’s a moron, just a interesting one.

Lenny was my favorite gang mate. Who loves the bar level?! Hell yeah! I was heartbroken when Lenny died. But him dying in that manner (charging ahead/taking the lead) was a nice call back/forshadow from the beginning of the game where he charges ahead on the train and dies if you don’t save him, so I recon there’s that tie-in aspect to his death that’s cool.

But yeah, the single player alone is worth the purchase price!

Now the online multi-player..? At first, I was on the fence about it, but as I play it more and more, I’m liking it. I hope future content will make me love it!

I noticed that using dead eye the old RDR way is as bout as useful as a surgeon with epilepsy performing a organ transplant--

No more using dead eye to reload.

No more angling around corners or through objects with dead eye. I mean, you can still angle, but it’s not as radical as it use to be.

Oh, and “paint it black” dead eye is slower than Arthur Morgan in a spelling contest. 

I also miss the no-lock/fist-pump dance in RDR 1, or as Excitable Boss use to call it, the monkey dance. I dunno, odd stuff like this made the first game feel interactive and fun. 

It's almost as if a Rockstar developer played against those of us who used these tactics back in the day, got their a#$ kicked and decided to not allow these things in RDR 2. lol Seriously, that's how it seems. 

I will say the perk cards in RDR 2 seem interesting. I can’t wait to unlock everything and try out various builds.

And Jester, bro. I noticed you’re not pleased with knifing in the game. I can kinda see where you’re coming from, but there are perks and various thrown and melee weapons that have your name written all over them. The animations are varied and pretty awesome. You haven't lived until you’ve machete another players head against the wall Jason Vorhees style! One piece of advice though, don’t ever fire bottle someone and tackle them to the ground. It does not end well. lol 

The grind of RDR 2 seems problematic on the surface when it comes to leveling up, money and gold. However, look at it like this; I played about 15,000 various competitive gang matches/modes in RDR 1 multi-player. A few players have played more and even more have played less, but I guess the average number of games played by the loyal players who played consistently over the course of RDR 1 life-span is roughly about 10,000. Now if you apply those number of games to RDR 2, then you would have gotten yourself a sh@T load of money, gold and a high level when it’s all said and done. In short, the game just started and most of these set backs in regards to grinding will be pretty moot if one keeps playing.

It doesn't surprise that RDR 2 became like GTA online, only old west style. I mean, the writing was on the wall that this was gonna happen. Anyone who thought otherwise was just wishfully thinking, either that, or they were suffering from brain rotting syphilis...

Personally, I was hoping that RDR 2 would be GTA old west style. But I recon that’s just me. Lol   

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »

Now the online multi-player..? At first, I was on the fence about it, but as I play it more and more, I’m liking it. I hope future content will make me love it!

First of all welcome to the forums Coyote and thank u so much for ur opinions as i agree with most of it. Especially agree about the favorite and best game series ever if not, fo sho the best western game ever. I agree on Arthur, he was kind of a douche at first but turn out to be a leader who started to do the right thing and challenge Dutch's desicions.

I agree with u on the online. Its not RDR1 and dont think it will get to that level but the more i play the more its growing on me. I tend to focus on my own game skills and not worry about the minor gripes. I have faith it will get better with some R* adjustments, more maps, a few more game modes, and private sessions.

Oh and dont under estimate dead eye. First, u cant make targets till tier level 3 of paint it black. And with or without the ability to paint target, here is my advice, if will save u with the shitty reapter carbine or any weapon. Once u lock on there head, activate dead eye with repeater carbine because its more accurate and does more damage. I rarely miss a repeater carbine headshot by doing it. And dead eye and the shotgun is a powerful combination.

Coyote, punt, lemon, and anyother new member to the forums, feel free if u getting frustrated to add some of us to ur friend's list. I added lemon and who i believe is Punt. I say this because regardless of posse on these forums we are all mature and allies of each other. When we played in private RDR1 sessions it was a blast. We play the game fair and we all cool and competitive. Trust me, u newbies will enjoy playing pvp with us or anything for red dead related for that matter.

RRR PapaBear (whip)

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 12:13:04 PM »

First of all welcome to the forums Coyote and thank u so much for ur opinions as i agree with most of it. Especially agree about the favorite and best game series ever if not, fo sho the best western game ever. I agree on Arthur, he was kind of a douche at first but turn out to be a leader who started to do the right thing and challenge Dutch's desicions.

I agree with u on the online. Its not RDR1 and dont think it will get to that level but the more i play the more its growing on me. I tend to focus on my own game skills and not worry about the minor gripes. I have faith it will get better with some R* adjustments, more maps, a few more game modes, and private sessions.

Oh and dont under estimate dead eye. First, u cant make targets till tier level 3 of paint it black. And with or without the ability to paint target, here is my advice, if will save u with the shitty reapter carbine or any weapon. Once u lock on there head, activate dead eye with repeater carbine because its more accurate and does more damage. I rarely miss a repeater carbine headshot by doing it. And dead eye and the shotgun is a powerful combination.

Coyote, punt, lemon, and anyother new member to the forums, feel free if u getting frustrated to add some of us to ur friend's list. I added lemon and who i believe is Punt. I say this because regardless of posse on these forums we are all mature and allies of each other. When we played in private RDR1 sessions it was a blast. We play the game fair and we all cool and competitive. Trust me, u newbies will enjoy playing pvp with us or anything for red dead related for that matter.

RRR PapaBear (whip)

Yeah, I'm still getting use to the new dead eye system. Old playing styles/habits are hard to break. Gone are the days of rolling and rolling while quickly lighting up one player after another with dead eye showers. 

One good thing, my head shots are ringing true! I can even do it from the hip!

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
Here is a link to a repeater carbine match from my youtube. Just pay attention to every dead eye shot with the reapter and look with out dead eye how i miss sometimes.

And yes, im not there yet but been practicing hip firing with all the weapons. Nevertheless, roll and dead eye was a perfect combo in RDR1.

https://youtu.be/xkv7I4IEB_w

Offline utb1528

• Gunslinger
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 285
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 11:29:58 PM »
Papa what did you upgrade on your carbine?
Proud trainee at the Vegeta Boot Camp.
100% Completion RDR and UN

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 12:18:57 AM »
Papa what did you upgrade on your carbine?

Dead eye, thats it! 😂

My paint it black ability card is upgraded to the max. Which makes the carbine a super carbine. Only my basic weapon loadout is fully upgraded and like always in the game im broke 😭

My dual volcanics, the varmint, and my repeating shotgun are the only weapons i have fully upgraded. I did nothing with the carbine but use the shit out of it. I never pick up weapons given to me on name ur weapon mode i perfect the weapons given and my basic loadout i have 😋