Username: Password:

Author Topic: Are you still playing RDR Online?  (Read 813 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2786
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Are you still playing RDR Online?
« on: December 20, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »
I feel like I’m reading a lot of people across the internet talking about how broken they feel Online is and have already given up on it, despite it only being a beta.  Makes me wander how active Online is, and how many of us here are playing.  Are you still hopeful? 

I wish they had a meter like COD that shows how many people are currently playing.  I’ve seen some repeat faces in sessions already, but I think that’s mostly due to how RDRs matchmaking works.  It seems to pair you with people you played with already. 

I’d still be interested to know the number of current players versus what it was last week.  Rockstar is always so secretive about their sales and activity and even their plans on what they intend to fix that it’s almost aggravating. 

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Are you still playing RDR Online?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 12:22:12 PM »
I'm RDR 2 till the end!

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 726
  • Knowlegde is Free; We Are Legion
  • Awards Most missed member Biggest perv Awarded to the user voted Biggest perv
    • View Profile
    • http://anabolic1977@hotmail.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »
No worries about me fishy fish. Being my favorite game this ole bear will rock red dead for 2 to 3 years like RDR1. 😋

But as much as i want to play right now this evening i probably wont. Im trying to finish my first montage before beta is over, the fuckin thing is 10 minutes long. I need to trim and adjust. But like last night u noob, if u bug me i will probably jump on and put montage on hold again 😂

RDR 2 Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNqF-O7LvOqRZLcY0ny5

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »
I'm RDR 2 till the end!

Exactly Coyote! Afterall its just beta.  I like ur ways already coyote and RRR Coyote would look good on u, just sayin (whip)

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2022
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 12:37:28 PM »
The more I play it the more I enjoy it, tbh. Free roam is great, particularly with friends(wish they populated the snowy mountains a bit more though). I love buy clothes and guns for my character, and I do like choosing your weapon beforehand. Hoping to have Volcanic/Sawed-off/Springfield. Originally had no interest in buying horses, have my eye on one once I get to the level. I find making money reasonably easy, so I’m not really that concerned about the $950 price tag(although I’m sure they’ll add more expensive things that need more grinding to get).
I tried the horse racing for the first time, and was far more fun than what I was expecting, can see myself playing them a lot.
I think the combat is actually better and more tactical than the original, with the waiting for the circle to shrink to have most accuracy, and the hip fire. It could still with a roll though. I’ve kind of gotten used to the clunkiness, but it’s still not as smooth to play as the original.
I think all these things are great for the most part, but it kind of makes me more frustrated about some the design choices.
The lack of the announcer and duals are a big loss, ruins the atmosphere.
And than the general matchmaking in the Showdowns. The spawns, that constant silly game modes like name your weapon, and the poor maps.
If they kept the current combat(even with clinkiness) and used the exact game modes matchmaking and maps from RDR1 I’d be pretty damn happy, but at the moment I find most of the game modes/maps stupid. Also, I’m hoping they need the varmint at some stage, make using pistols etc more effective. We’ll see what R* does in terms of updates though

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1375
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 01:06:34 PM »
I'm somewhere in between losing interest and waiting for the beta to end and them to add more stuff.

Part of me is wondering what exactly Rockstar means by this being a "beta" since they have never done this before, to my knowledge. I'm thinking that this is how the game is going to be from here on out regardless of when and how much more updates/content they are going to add in the future. What I mean is that it's probably going to be just like GTAV Online with constant weekly fixes and minor changes like extra $$ and RP, discounts, gifts and scheduled added content.

I know I keep repeating myself but the biggest thing I'm hoping for is for them to add private sessions and who knows if that is even on their agenda.

I love the clothes and customizations for your character, guns and horses. What I am getting a little tired of is keeping you and your horse healthy with provisions and tonics...it's getting tedious and annoying now. I don't mind it in single player, but in multiplayer there's too much other stuff to keep up with to worry about you or your horse being unhealthy.

But, whatever.....I'm still hopeful that it will get better for everyone so that everyone will have more choices of things to do.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »
Oops!

Fish, i called u a noob for not recording ur matches properly but here iam with multiple forum.posting fuckups.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:03:27 PM by SFC PapaBear »

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 02:01:14 PM »
I'm somewhere in between losing interest and waiting for the beta to end and them to add more stuff.

Part of me is wondering what exactly Rockstar means by this being a "beta" since they have never done this before, to my knowledge. I'm thinking that this is how the game is going to be from here on out regardless of when and how much more updates/content they are going to add in the future. What I mean is that it's probably going to be just like GTAV Online with constant weekly fixes and minor changes like extra $$ and RP, discounts, gifts and scheduled added content.

I know I keep repeating myself but the biggest thing I'm hoping for is for them to add private sessions and who knows if that is even on their agenda.

I love the clothes and customizations for your character, guns and horses. What I am getting a little tired of is keeping you and your horse healthy with provisions and tonics...it's getting tedious and annoying now. I don't mind it in single player, but in multiplayer there's too much other stuff to keep up with to worry about you or your horse being unhealthy.

But, whatever.....I'm still hopeful that it will get better for everyone so that everyone will have more choices of things to do.

Beta is a test phase. Test servers, test update pushing, test gameplay and most of all to collect feedback. To quote rockstar:

"We are aiming to deliver a stable and fun experience while collecting as much crucial information and feedback as possible to help us continually improve Red Dead Online. As with any Beta period, we plan to take the time necessary throughout to make Red Dead Online a complete, fun and fully-functional experience, which may take several weeks or months as we continually work to fix bugs, improve systems and implement player feedback into current or future plans".

Several weeks to several moths! Its a testing and market data collection phase. Which is why i dont try to get caught up in all the disgruntle hype anymore like i did at first. and i just play and focus on improving my skills. Its beta, i know everyone keeps saying that but the above statement says it all. Its a test phase. Marketing was my concentration im my business grad program. When companies test a new product ( new pvp and new improved free roam) they releaese the product then go into what is known as data collection to adjust a product and improve based off customer feedback. There is also whats known as target market testing. A target market is a specific targeted group of the overall product market. Free roam and pvp are two different product markets that they could be testing. U also need to look at the target market feedback there getting. A company or my case as a senior army leader, ur not going to respond to every customer or in my case every single soldier need and want. At the end of the day, a corporation with their products or a army leader will not please every product holder or every soldier with ur leadership decisions. With that said, there going to respond to the bigger target market feedback. If free roam is getting more feedback, thats their focus, if pvp is getting more feedback that is their focus. Or both markets are equal then they will fix the greatest amount of feedback of each target market. If more folks are giving feedback on lack of pvp maps and game modes versus  lets say, spawn points then their priority will be the former and not the latter. Not saying they wont respond to spawn point feedback but the greater the feedback more priority they will put into it that area.

I heard a rumor that R* was not ready for the online release, it was incomplete and no where near the final product. But take-two demanded them to release something to meet the promise of beta release date. Regardless if that is true or not, it makes sense. Free roam is the backbone of the online. Free roam is where it all starts. I mean, one thing we can all agree on minus private/hardcore sessions is that rockstar not being entirely finished with free roam (the coming property owning, train robberies, gambling, and bank jobs) and they nailed free roam compared to RDR1.This free roam being not finished is a grand slam like the single player story. Now, with that said, free roam is the foundation, the infrastructure so to speak. You can't have a cilivized society with the basic infrastructure, i.e, roads, bridges, basic insitutions, etc...well u cant have red dead online without the foundation. Which the foundation must be layed first then build off that. If the rumor i heard is true or not dont matter. It makes sense. When looking at pvp compared to free roam, its obvious the above rumor makes sense. They werent finished and ready but take-two was demanding. What yall are playin in pvp (a thrown together mess of shit (tall trees spawning 20 times more than any map))is a unfinished product. I posted my inital opinions all over these forums but i stopped giving my opinion and stopped getting caught up in disgruntle hype cause in the back of my mind, its an unfinished product.

Remember also, unfinished or not. They gave us 4 DLCs which included pvp maps, poker, stronghold and a shit ton of other stuff in RDR1. Too include undead nightmare. Now imgaine RDR1 without 4 DLCs 🤔

Maybe im way too optimistic but have faith and in the meantime play and improve ur skills and have fun most of all. I love red dead regardless if its 1, 2 or 50 its still the same wild west environment we all feel in love with. But most of all have fun. When im playing with anyone from these forums regardless of our nooby posses, im have a blast. As a truth seeker with entirely different perception of reality more than 85% of the human population, i stand alone. Truth seekers dont have many friends cause most humans think we speaking an alien language when we speak. These forum friends that i met and in casteyn's case who i fell in love with are apart of this wild west/ red dead environment. My red dead friends are some of the greatest friends i have met in 41 yrs. They allow me to be myself and laugh. Something i dont do much being in utter disgust and outrage at this pre-planned chaos happening around the world. Playin red dead and playin with my forum brothers and sisters allow me to have fun, be goofy, and laugh. And we wont talk about my love for casteyn, that is a whole another topic. Red dead changed my life. Its not red dead 1 got it, but how about u adjust ur gamplay to the new game regardless if this is a final product or not 🤔. I say this because after giving my opinions i stopped the disgruntle hype and focused on my gameplay and skills versus all the fuck ups. By doing this, i have a radically different style of play than RDR1 and i find my stlye to be more appealing to the eye for montage creation reasons than my style of play RDR1. Anyhow, im having a blast with my red dead friends while playin the best western game ever released.

And not to sound like im a shit talking douche bag but while yall noobs are still caught up in the bads of a unfinished product, im getting better and better, 5 kills short of fishman's spawn raping +30, so as ur gripping like i did at first, i will be in ur kill cam (whip)

Red River Resistence mother fuckers!
Out laws for life when it comes to freedom and liberty

RSG, the resistence is coming for u and TWO, yall next (whip)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:13:10 PM by SFC PapaBear »

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 02:39:03 PM »
Mrs. Marston, on a long story short side note, i still owe u a pvp/headshot/ control setting/ability card/ overall competitive play session. I havent seen u on in a few days. Im still down when u ready 😁

And overall from above, have faith and most of all have fun 😋

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 937
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
YES!!!

Enjoying the peace and quiet...… because no one interacts in Multiplayer gaming anymore, I get to do what I like. earning the cash/gold ready for when I rank up to some higher levels to unlock new stuff.

Everyone is saying RDO is broken, with so many failures...… But its working much better then RDR1 multiplayer.   literally the first month of RDR1, we was doing a "No Clip" glitch  with a wagon. where we could walk on air.

Then there is the famous stagecoach glitch...… where is that in RDO.  wagons are not glitch able.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1375
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »
Oh, that's ok, P-Bear. You don't owe me nothing...like I said somewhere before, I don't think I'm cut out for this PvP stuff. I was never any good in RDR1 and I know I'm not going to be any where near as good as you guys....I'm too far behind now anyway.  I play late at night and sometimes in the afternoon for a bit....which I think doesn't line up with your time zone.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks either. I'm afraid I have a little bit of carpal tunnel and my reflexes aren't as good as they used to be. My Xbox is even old....it acts weird and laggy or it might be my internet.  I've watched your videos and also some of Fisherman's and I notice how nice your aiming is...so perfect!  When I tried to do it, my reticule does not lock onto the player...it's like, right in front or behind the other player's head/body....impossible for headshots.

Wow, was that a bunch of excuses or what? lol....no seriously, I'm good!  If any of you want to get together to grind missions, go rooftopping, fishing, hunting, see how many people we can get on a train or some other silly nonsense....I'm all for that kind of fun!

When I get home from work I'm pretty much spent and having A-Fib doesn't make things any easier.  I don't want to have to concentrate on headshots and competition ....I just want to have some silly mindless fun with friends.

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »
YES!!!

Enjoying the peace and quiet...… because no one interacts in Multiplayer gaming anymore, I get to do what I like. earning the cash/gold ready for when I rank up to some higher levels to unlock new stuff.

Everyone is saying RDO is broken, with so many failures...… But its working much better then RDR1 multiplayer.   literally the first month of RDR1, we was doing a "No Clip" glitch  with a wagon. where we could walk on air.

Then there is the famous stagecoach glitch...… where is that in RDO.  wagons are not glitch able.

Agreed Ferg!

We leveling up and earning in peace and when the final product comes and all the DLCs with it we would have already maxed out on levels while everyone else is fighting the population as they grind away 😁

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 05:44:59 PM »
Oh, that's ok, P-Bear. You don't owe me nothing...like I said somewhere before, I don't think I'm cut out for this PvP stuff. I was never any good in RDR1 and I know I'm not going to be any where near as good as you guys....I'm too far behind now anyway.  I play late at night and sometimes in the afternoon for a bit....which I think doesn't line up with your time zone.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks either. I'm afraid I have a little bit of carpal tunnel and my reflexes aren't as good as they used to be. My Xbox is even old....it acts weird and laggy or it might be my internet.  I've watched your videos and also some of Fisherman's and I notice how nice your aiming is...so perfect!  When I tried to do it, my reticule does not lock onto the player...it's like, right in front or behind the other player's head/body....impossible for headshots.

Wow, was that a bunch of excuses or what? lol....no seriously, I'm good!  If any of you want to get together to grind missions, go rooftopping, fishing, hunting, see how many people we can get on a train or some other silly nonsense....I'm all for that kind of fun!

When I get home from work I'm pretty much spent and having A-Fib doesn't make things any easier.  I don't want to have to concentrate on headshots and competition ....I just want to have some silly mindless fun with friends.

Totally with u and everyone that knows me and plays with me knows that im flexible on all the game modes. Sure pvp is my prefence but im down for whatever, its the playin with u guys/gals is where the fun is no matter what we do.

But i will say that, after playin with Casteyn all day and night two weekends in a row, she said the samething about pvp and after stealing my style of play 🤣 she is averaging 10 to 12 kills a match and she pulled off a 15 kill game. She blasted my nooby head a few times or more.

Either way im flexible. I rather play and build friendships versus playin pvp because someone else is not as competitive as me. I would rock gang hideouts, story missions, hunting, fishing and u name it as long as i have the honor of playin with everyone from forums. And if time allowed, i would purchase a PS4 to rock the friendships on that side of the house. 😋