Username: Password:

Author Topic: New update...  (Read 305 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2780
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New update...
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
Be ready to be disappointed...

Gun Rush mode and more coming “this year”

We were all talking about how inactive the sessions are already getting and this update needed to be big...I haven’t played gun rush but without any other adjustments I’m a bit worried.

The mode doesn’t sound like anything spectacular, like more spectating.

One glimmer of hope is it said new showdown modes are coming soon.  Which might mean they will finally separate them?  If they add them more into the same mix it’s going to be annoying.

32 man sessions with 8 teams and 10 active players in a session is broken already.  You can’t hit the whole rotation anymore without people leaving. Most of their points in this link seem to once again be focused on free roam and not pvp.

Another interesting note:

“Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance”

Not sure if this is in pvp or only free roam, but might be a helpful addition to the radar.  Or at least a sign that they are working on the radar.

Overall it’s not the big fix I think we needed to keep pvp going strong.  I’m still sticking it out for now but I’m not sure where it goes from here.  “More coming this year” is a heart breaking sentence.

Thoughts?

Offline punteverytime

• Liked: 60
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New update...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:14 PM »
Well, I would tell you how the new game is but I literally can't get into one!! Tried at least 15 times and (I'm not spectating a 9 minute match). We all knew this H1Z1, Fortnight-type would be the next update (that they will continue) to focus solely on. Getting more and more irritated by the day with this game!!

Offline Cheese

• Administrator
  • Liked: 1572
  • Сука Блять
  • Awards Funniest Member 2014 Meme King 2014
    • View Profile
    • ?????????????
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
Still no private sessions?

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5746
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
TBH, the first things they should have done over anything else was add the ability to have private sessions and fix the posse system. Simply being able to have fixed teams each game and having the ability to have private matches would significantly improve replay-ability for those who game with crews.

I want nothing to do with PvP right now, but could be coaxed into lengthy sessions if we could do, say, an RSG vs RRR match.

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1226
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
The problem with the PUBG style game is our amazing social skills. We often play in a group, which is great, except in last cowboy standing matches. When you’re a lonely boy it’s perfect. Play until you die, jump to a new session and in 1 minute you’re parachuting down. With friends you have to wait until they’re all dead! 😆

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 36
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:56:58 PM »
I like it. It's like PUBG-- Which I play, so I'm good there. 

The team aspect is cool too. The teams who work and communicate strategies may succeed more times than not. And it's like real life: Your gang versus other gangs in a shootout, and if you die there ain't no coming back. Good luck to your boys!

Also, the games are pretty short. If I die, I'll just chill back and watch my boys play while I smoke a bowl-- I mean, cigarette.

However, they still need to fix a lot of other things (as mentioned in these forums). I do hate to say it, but it seems like the game is driven more to casual gamers as oppose to competitive gamers. I really want this game to work for me, so I try to look at the positives, or up sides, to keep me going...     

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2780
  • Awards Best Mod 2014 Most Helpful 2014 Most like John Marston
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »
TBH, the first things they should have done over anything else was add the ability to have private sessions and fix the posse system. Simply being able to have fixed teams each game and having the ability to have private matches would significantly improve replay-ability for those who game with crews.

I want nothing to do with PvP right now, but could be coaxed into lengthy sessions if we could do, say, an RSG vs RRR match.

It absolutely amazes me because a few years ago they started these crews on social club and you can link to your social club, yet they seemingly show no interest in making posses work or crews transferable or anything focuses around them.  Posses and teams are broken, that should be an immediate fix.

What makes it worse is their lack of transparency.  Ok I get that they probably had this in mind for a while now.  So you release an update with no intention of fixing something that you know everyone wants - say so ahead of time. Say THIS is what we have planned, but bear with us we are working on this and this and this is our timeline.  We know it’s an issue.

Instead they ignore the complaints, post general vague statements about fixing things, then release update that fixes nothing.  Rockstar never ceases to boggle my mind.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »
I’ll give it a whirl tonight. I’m not amazing at PUBG, but I’ve run over, um, I mean skillfully shot a few fellows there. So is it similar in that you spawn with no weapons? I hope so. Or maybe a pistol.

Offline Dirty Coyote

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »
I’ll give it a whirl tonight. I’m not amazing at PUBG, but I’ve run over, um, I mean skillfully shot a few fellows there. So is it similar in that you spawn with no weapons? I hope so. Or maybe a pistol.

Dude, I ain't good at pubg either. Granted, I've only had it a couple weeks and have not really played too much, but yeah, I'm a scrub too! lol

However, I'm alright at RDR 2 and so far have won 2 out of the 2 matches I played  in team gun rush with 4 kills or more. So I think you'll do good, especially if you have a team to communicate with.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 03:13:41 PM »
Re:crews MP3 was nice and simple. Crew members placed on the same team. Killing enemy crews would start a feud between crews which was simply kills recorded. Winning crew got some bonus XP, losing crew got a bit less bonus XP.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »

Dude, I ain't good at pubg either. Granted, I've only had it a couple weeks and have not really played too much, but yeah, I'm a scrub too! lol

However, I'm alright at RDR 2 and so far have won 2 out of the 2 matches I played  in team gun rush with 4 kills or more. So I think you'll do good, especially if you have a team to communicate with.

I got it free on Xbox, but I have a coupon to make it only $24 on PS4, so I might get it there too. It is a fun game. I know people love to hate on it, but it does have a nice tension to it.

Offline Dirty Coyote

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »

I got it free on Xbox, but I have a coupon to make it only $24 on PS4, so I might get it there too. It is a fun game. I know people love to hate on it, but it does have a nice tension to it.

Yeah I like it too. Not for everyone for sure. 

Hit me up on ps4 if you want.

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 914
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 03:55:29 PM »
You competitive cowboy finally have a new game...… not exactly a "Grab the bag"  but will keep you entertained.

why ain't Rockstar focusing on Free Roam first? 
that's the core base of the game,  fill the map up with activities...…. like basic contact missions, getting our online character fame.

there is no purpose for our character yet. I don't feel like staying at our camp, that keeps moving around the map..... permanent property is needed so we can own a collection of horses and wagons. (I know it sounds like GTAO life) but it worked in GTA,  we had something to strive for.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1330
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:07 PM »
Huge fail!  I can't believe Rockstar had to jump on the battle royale bandwagon! Well, I guess it will be fun for some....

Very disappointed to hear that the beta will continue over the next few months. I still don't understand why they didn't add private sessions from the start. What is so hard about doing that?

But, glad to hear that they will add more missions to continue our online story!

Offline punteverytime

• Liked: 60
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 09:50:58 PM »
See....that's the problem I have with it Mrs. Marston. I don't enjoy these types of games. It's most definitely not my style. Dirty knows this...I like to run too much!! I like to blast you with a head shot..you eat them like they are nothing...and then you melt my face off!! Hiding for several minutes just to finish in the top 3 or so does nothing for me. I did however win one of them. Not sure what happened...the other guys must have left the game or something. Lol

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1950
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
Well, in fairness, survival mode does solve the shitty spawn issue  ;)

Offline tonko

• Liked: 30
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 02:48:16 AM »
Can't believe they implemented this crap, but they're ignoring Hold your Own and Grab the Bag. I'm perplexed.

Offline Riznind

• Rolling Block Bully
  • Liked: 16
  • D1RTY12 - D WILD BUNCH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 01:14:51 PM »
No free aim....

And all of the same complaints you all mentioned already

Headshot or die!

Offline Ferguson99

• Liked: 914
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:01 PM »
What is it with these 1 life ….. Last Team Standing game modes?

Sitting and spectating, i might as well just watch the soaps on TV.

Offline Kazzy

• Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 3130
  • Midas Touch
  • Awards Best GFX 2014 Best graphics artist
    • View Profile
    • Red Dead Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 12:39:37 AM »
What is it with these 1 life ….. Last Team Standing game modes?

Sitting and spectating, i might as well just watch the soaps on TV.

Have you been into horse racing yet? Wondered what the hell was going on. Spent 12 minutes spectating a group of people kicking each other while riding around in a circle on their horses. Apparently the idea is not to finish the race??

I don’t mind the Gun Rush mode, it’s ok if you’re not instantly killed. It still has the same issue as the other game modes  of splitting up a posse though. Wish Rockstar would fix that...