Username: Password:

Author Topic: Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....  (Read 3328 times)

Offline punteverytime

• Liked: 60
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....
« on: January 15, 2019, 02:17:51 PM »
It sucks doesn't it? This game? They have dropped the ball on the online!!! The new gun rush mode is wretched, it's like...hey R* "would you all do this and this and fix this and this??" They say..."sounds good, here is Gun Rush!!! It's like Fortnite!!! You all will love it!!" Us: But.."you all didn't fix anything?" R*: "Didn't you HEAR US??!! IT'S LIKE FORTNITE!! You'll LOVE it!!" By the time they get around to some new updates...there won't be anyone left!! Played with the same randoms the last few days. Never fear though...got some new clothes and emotes on the way!! I know...beta beta beta beta!! That's bullshit! I'm giving it 2 more weeks then I will build me a cabin and retire in Tall Trees for good!

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 930
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »
I am just sitting waiting anxiously for free roam activities,  there must be a career to it, of what we can strive to build.  Like in GTA.

other wise...… what's the point?

I don't  care for shootouts and competitive game modes,  after getting home from work.   I just want to chill out, that's why I love GTA or RDR...…. free roam.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1369
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »
I've already been brutally honest about RDO.  I'm afraid to talk about it any more for fear of sounding like a broken record!  But, since you brought it up and for the sake of conversation....here is some more brutal honesty.....

How could they make such a masterpiece out of the story mode and turn around and release that garbage they are calling RDO....well they got the dead part right. There was way more stuff to do when GTAV Online first came out than this disaster. They did eventually fix the initial server problems of people not being able to get into that first race...and everything was good after that. I'd like to see stats of how many people were playing GTAV Online 2 or 3 months after release compared to RDO.

Rockstar said something like they can't come up with ideas for online since that Leslie guy is gone. He was the mastermind behind all of GTAV Online's success they said. THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE when they have their example for ideas right in front of them. Use GTAV's online money making businesses and property ownership, more different types of missions that can be completed solo or with your friends and how about the incentive to actually WANT to play the game! Why can't we steal, keep or sell horses and wagons? That's a pretty basic way to make money and that can't possibly be hard to include in the game when it's already in story mode.  There is nothing that makes any sense out of this game at all.

And don't get me started about PvP! Earlier today I played on a different account where I am only a level 7. I went into the showdown series so I could just get the couple of easy achievements......yea, riiiiight! It would really be nice if they put same-level players in any given match. All a low level is is target practice for higher levels...especially when they have all the fancy cards and you have NOTHING!!!!  THAT is not fair!  I thought PvP was difficult in the first RDR...I was never brave enough to tackle it when I first played it. Now?  It's like a walk in the park compared to RDR2. At least you had a fair chance no matter what level you were.  This game is catered only to those who live for PvP....and there's nothing wrong with enjoying PvP....I just wish that they had more things to do for every type of gamer. You know, so we can all have choices!

I do have a question for the higher level players.....I don't know how high the levels go. Someone said maybe 200? But, my question is....when you reach your high level, have unlocked everything, bought all your guns, horses, clothes and fancy cards, what are you going to do next? How about slowing down a little because you will have nothing left to do and at the rate of how things are going with this beta and no sign of real updates....you are going to be bored real quick! What's the rush?

I really, really want to enjoy this game so much...it's beautiful and I love all the customizations. (I LOVE my new Arabian horse!) I just wish it was more enjoyable for me...and I know that there are many others who feel the same. I see it all over social media. I honestly hope that Rockstar does something very soon.

Offline punteverytime

• Liked: 60
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
That's why I started this thread. Think of it as primal scream therapy. 

Online outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2785
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:47 PM »
You’re not wrong.  It needs a lot of work. I just keep holding out hoping they will wake up.

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1952
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:02:25 AM »
I think gun rush is completely unrelated to any bug / current content fixes.  It's not as simple as saying " they did this instead of that", it was clearly already on the way independent of other things.

I wish they would have released it not in beta form, but whatcha gonna do?  Multiplayer games in general and free roam games in particular have soooo many variables, that when you miss the mark you can really really miss the mark.  Compounding the problem is Rockstars well-established pattern of being tight-lipped.  I don't think that serves them as well as it used to.  So much good will could be gained by some transparency.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5747
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:30 AM »
I think gun rush is completely unrelated to any bug / current content fixes.  It's not as simple as saying " they did this instead of that", it was clearly already on the way independent of other things.

I wish they would have released it not in beta form, but whatcha gonna do?  Multiplayer games in general and free roam games in particular have soooo many variables, that when you miss the mark you can really really miss the mark.  Compounding the problem is Rockstars well-established pattern of being tight-lipped.  I don't think that serves them as well as it used to.  So much good will could be gained by some transparency.

Spot on floof. If the plan is to, say, add private sessions in 1 month, 6 months, 2 years, never... tell us. If they are working on fixes for spawn points gives us a general time frame for implementation. Or if the game is what it is and all they are going to do is just add content then come clean and gives us all a heads up. This isn't Fallout 76 (from what I hear), but this is quickly heading in a similar direction. Honesty and transparency would go a long long way.

I haven't turned on RDO in over a month. Single player still holds my interest, but RDO is dead for me.

And it might be time for some real talk. Take a look at this forum. Are there any new forum members? Has activity picked up like many of us had expected (hoped)? A few of us came back, but still so many former regulars just aren't motivated to post anymore. RDO has been, to this point, a monumental failure. I thought GTAV PvP was poor. I couldn't believe how bad it was. RDR was soo good I just assumed devs would use that as their starting point. But when they went in a completely different direction it blew my mind. GTAV's saving grace is that online had a ton of other things to do by yourself or with your crew. Max Payne PvP felt better than GTAV, but for me it was still poor. New players had NO SHOT against people who had ample time to level up and acquire high powered load outs. And now RDO. The entire experience, at best, is "blah." But often very frustrating and very unrewarding. Using the term "Beta" is a massive cop-out. At this point very little can be done to change the feel of the game. What we have is essentially what we will be getting. Adding content won't save this thing. It needs an overhaul. A complete overhaul.

Rockstar need to fire ANYONE/EVERYONE connected to the decision making portion of RDO. IMO, it's that bad.

Soooo, RDR3 coming to an XboxTWO in 2026? Can't wait......

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5698
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »

Spot on floof. If the plan is to, say, add private sessions in 1 month, 6 months, 2 years, never... tell us. If they are working on fixes for spawn points gives us a general time frame for implementation. Or if the game is what it is and all they are going to do is just add content then come clean and gives us all a heads up. This isn't Fallout 76 (from what I hear), but this is quickly heading in a similar direction. Honesty and transparency would go a long long way.

I haven't turned on RDO in over a month. Single player still holds my interest, but RDO is dead for me.

And it might be time for some real talk. Take a look at this forum. Are there any new forum members? Has activity picked up like many of us had expected (hoped)? A few of us came back, but still so many former regulars just aren't motivated to post anymore. RDO has been, to this point, a monumental failure. I thought GTAV PvP was poor. I couldn't believe how bad it was. RDR was soo good I just assumed devs would use that as their starting point. But when they went in a completely different direction it blew my mind. GTAV's saving grace is that online had a ton of other things to do by yourself or with your crew. Max Payne PvP felt better than GTAV, but for me it was still poor. New players had NO SHOT against people who had ample time to level up and acquire high powered load outs. And now RDO. The entire experience, at best, is "blah." But often very frustrating and very unrewarding. Using the term "Beta" is a massive cop-out. At this point very little can be done to change the feel of the game. What we have is essentially what we will be getting. Adding content won't save this thing. It needs an overhaul. A complete overhaul.

Rockstar need to fire ANYONE/EVERYONE connected to the decision making portion of RDO. IMO, it's that bad.

Soooo, RDR3 coming to an XboxTWO in 2026? Can't wait......

I’m sorry to hear a fan of the series has become this disenchanted with RDO, you are far from the only player to ‘hang up their spurs’  but at the risk of sounding like a foolish optimist all is not lost, we have be gathering a fairly large group of people in our party chats, Facebook messenger, WhatsApp , and even Instagram, yes the forum is very quiet but there is a fairly thriving community that seem to be using other methods of communication , we have been trying to funnel them to this forum with very limited success.
Not to sound contrary Jester I have become more accustomed to RDR2, I agree that the foundation for a great experience was in R*’s lap , they had an excellent gameplay system to export to their new engine, but opted for a total overhaul and in fact seemed to base the gameplay on GTAV (which I was never a big fan of).
My point being, it’s not perfect, yet I am still personally finding enjoyment, mainly it has to be said because of the group of regular players I see, if I was a lone wolf I would forget about this game so fast   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:19:38 AM by Craigyroo »
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1245
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »
The bottom line for me is that the first game had multiplayer so good that I couldn’t get enough and this game is so mediocre that after an hour I’m losing interest. The thing is that playing with friends is great, but everyone could sit around a folding table and play euchre and have a hell of a time without praising the build quality of the table or the printing on the playing cards. To be more positive I’d say the world built by Rockstar is a masterpiece and the bedrock of everything. For me it’s weak in gunplay, map choice/design and game modes. Gunplay is the most vague and hard to change, so that’s probably not going to change. Map choice can improve and there’s some hope there. Modes are the easiest fix and I’m sure we’ll get more. They can call it a beta for years, but that’s irrelevant to me. I expect updates and for broken aspects of the game to be fixed going forward in any online game. Other “finished” games do it and they have a fraction of the war chest that Rockstar has. Zero sympathy. Regarding PVP popularity, just look at a general forum like Reddit. The RDR sub has a ton of members and any posts even mentioning PVP are scarce. It’s just a small part of the larger multiplayer which is a part of the larger game. It’s what many of us love (or want to love) and I believe it’s just wishful thinking that it will get the attention we think it deserves.

I do hope and think it will improve, but it has a long way to go to be half as compelling as the first game’s online play.

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
There will be testing for another month yet, so don’t expect big stuff coming.

Read it in a statement somewhere.... twitter post I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 01:45:39 PM »
Regarding PVP popularity, just look at a general forum like Reddit. The RDR sub has a ton of members and any posts even mentioning PVP are scarce.

I know exactly why, too. And I will explain it because there was something I forgot to mention in my other post.

Ok, yes...they are going to update and add more content to the game....we just have to wait and see what it is and they will tell us on their own terms. That I know to be true. I might be a little hasty in calling the game total garbage.  I am sure that more great things are ahead....I hope.  What scares me is that some people say that they won't add private sessions...what you see is how the game is going to be from here on out with only the addition of more content.  That's really my biggest gripe is not having private/invite only sessions. I'm disappointed and angry.

Going back to my explanation of why I think the PvP popularity is down is that not everyone has the desire to play PvP all day and night.  I see tons of posts on Twitter from people who have invited a bunch of people to online meetups...not for PvP...but creative FUN events!  Someone had a jousting competition. Another had a meetup to glitch over to Guarma. And I'm not talking about just 8 or 10 players....there are 20 - 30 people who come to these type of events!  THAT'S amazing!!!! That's what I want to do and, damn it, I'm jealous! LOL!

What happened to all the fun and creative things this forum used to do?  I remember reading about or seeing videos of you guys doing stagecoach boating, shotgun house, knife/fist fighting tournaments, racing in free roam, glitching off the map, rooftopping and a bunch of other crazy fun random things. Who came up with those ideas? And where are they now? Yea, yea...don't tell me to "stop living in the past"!  We could still do all that (with the exception of stagecoach boating, unfortunately was a bust) and MORE in this game.  Why not? A private session would make doing some events easier, of course. But maybe having to do these things in a public session would attract people to want to join in the fun!

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1245
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »
No time for hijinks and fun! You can’t fall behind what the top players have. I think that having an “economy” in the game has made it into a rat race. People worry about being productive and earning money, gold, and levels to unlock and pay for clothing, guns, cards and horses so they will at some point have a complete character. Hey, don’t forget to earn enough money for your recipes and ammo and the best items for your cores either. Contrast this with the first game. Steal good horse, complete a gang hideout to get a decent gun- boom, you’re the equal of any other player. Simpler times.

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 04:44:43 AM »
I'll be as raw as possible. I was addicted to RDR 1 multiplayer, i snorted it like the worst junkie in your block. I could've played Hold Your Own in Tesoro Azul for days.

Now, i just log on, play for an hour just for the sake of it, log off. Alphaphug said it right: "gunplay, map choice/design and game modes.". They suck. And when i see how slow my character and weapon wheel is, i throw up.

Offline Floater

• Liked: 38
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
My prediction for the next Red Dead: they will make it single player only.
I don't bother with the online. Just started replaying the story mode. Chapter 2 and I already have all the satchels and the best horses. It's more fun now that I don't rush through.

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm basically like everyone else here. Hanging in there for Coc#star to fix things.   

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »
Not just fix things ....... Add new content, that gives us some kind of career in RDO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 781
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »
I'll be as raw as possible. I was addicted to RDR 1 multiplayer, i snorted it like the worst junkie in your block. I could've played Hold Your Own in Tesoro Azul for days.

Now, i just log on, play for an hour just for the sake of it, log off. Alphaphug said it right: "gunplay, map choice/design and game modes.". They suck. And when i see how slow my character and weapon wheel is, i throw up.

Daddy always said stick with what you know, gang shoot out was the only game mode I played for months till I felt brave enough to venture out to the other modes and it was some of the best crack I ever been hooked on, the different aim modes Dead eye or no Dead eye, I mean how could you fuck that up it was golden!

And taking away the jump was just head up the bum stupid and John can't swim a lick.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist.
   PSN RicochetRRabbit

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »
And rolling!  Why in the world did they take away the combat roll and replace it with that stupid dive-dodge that takes forever to get up from.  The roll was so satisfying! It's even great in GTAV!  The emotes take too long to get to ( I always forget the buttons anyways). The one button taunts were the best!

And poor John....I know right! They just had to keep that consistency with him not being able to swim after we were all happy to see that you could swim in this game!

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 781
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
I nearly drowned when I accidentally fell off the dock at SD.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist.
   PSN RicochetRRabbit

Offline UnWrappedLemon8

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 35
  • F*#k the RB button!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 12:52:53 AM »
It sucks doesn't it? This game? They have dropped the ball on the online!!! The new gun rush mode is wretched, it's like...hey R* "would you all do this and this and fix this and this??" They say..."sounds good, here is Gun Rush!!! It's like Fortnite!!! You all will love it!!" Us: But.."you all didn't fix anything?" R*: "Didn't you HEAR US??!! IT'S LIKE FORTNITE!! You'll LOVE it!!" By the time they get around to some new updates...there won't be anyone left!! Played with the same randoms the last few days. Never fear though...got some new clothes and emotes on the way!! I know...beta beta beta beta!! That's bullshit! I'm giving it 2 more weeks then I will build me a cabin and retire in Tall Trees for good!

I completely agree!!

I SMH when some squeaker messages me and says "Git gud" or some crap like that.  I cant even change the settings of messaging because then I can't message friends etc  (whip)
Yeah whatever, get good in a game where everything is done for them (auto-aim, ability cards and deadeye), short of getting their (_)_) wiped, and they want you to check out their "skillz"  (whip)

Sick of being disconnected, sick of griefers, sick of alot of things.

If it wasn't for playing with friends (RRR and others) I made here, I wouldn't bother playing this game and go back to Dayz Mod

Rockstar needs to get their shit together!

I forgot to add:

Private Lobbies, Free Aim lobbies, Heists or bank robberies, anti griefing measures (needed now, not later) and many more that the player base has asked for, but all they give us is a crumb, a crappy mode called Gun Rush.  Should rename it to Camp Rush, or Bum Rush  (sleep)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:03:30 AM by UnWrappedLemon8 »
Ability Cards??  They don't matter if you have NO ability!