Username: Password:

Author Topic: Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....  (Read 3330 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2785
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »
IMO worse than any missed opportunity and broken feature is the one they designed - slow and steady.

Think back to when they were just rumoring this game.  We said the one thing we loved about the first RDR was the headshot.  Fast forward to now - they have successfully made the headshot pointless.  Any time someone uses S&S, which is more every day, he headshot becomes useless.  Then it just boils down to shotguns and body shots.  The newbie shit we all hated.  Did they ever even play RDR?

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 930
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 04:33:45 PM »
Does that mean your in my camp?

Get rid of Ability Cards :)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 08:41:00 PM »
I like ability cards, but S&S is OP.  And I never say things are OP.  More than being OP tho it’s just killing the game.  It’s taking away skill and gauging a win by how much snake oil you bought.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 781
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 10:25:58 PM »
Fuck sakes wasn't Deadeye enough
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist.
   PSN RicochetRRabbit

Offline utb1528

• Gunslinger
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 285
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:17 PM »
I don't know I get head shotted all the time.  :)

Seriously though, I am willing to bet they increase the effect of the other ability cards.  If people were using others it would add a chess-like element to the game.
I don't hate slow and steady, because it is available early. 

In a nutshell, I see S&S in a similar light to the Varmint Rifle don't nerf them, fix the other things. 
Proud trainee at the Vegeta Boot Camp.
100% Completion RDR and UN

Offline RRR PapaBear

• Power to the People
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 726
  • Knowlegde is Free; We Are Legion
  • Awards Most missed member Biggest perv Awarded to the user voted Biggest perv
    • View Profile
    • http://anabolic1977@hotmail.com
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »
Word to all yalls opinions, I agree with everyone. However, the game has grown on me big time.I reckon i wouldnt be level 128 if it hasnt grown on me 😂 Maybe because im such a huge red dead and wild west fan has me acting like a noob. But just give me private sessions and +10 more pvp maps and poker and i be G2G. But for real, minus the game growing on me; i feel, value, and agree with all opinions. This slow n steady is getting sad. I have to say, they could have left the ability cards out, it really hampers the true skill of the gamer. When they give us private sessions, im down for all of us going into matches without no ability cards, that will be fun.

Sorry for not being on the forums as much as im playin the game. Mine and Casteyn's love for each other keeps me very very very busy and extremely happy. Got to love whatsapp. Our wedding will be in tombstone Arizona, the famous wild west town if yall want invites 😎

Damn I love that woman so much, have since RDR1. Casteyn's a sexy and beautiful mother fuckin bad ass. Word 😎

Peace, love, liberty, and unity bitches! And Fuck Tall Trees ✊🏻

Word 🤠

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 08:17:08 AM by RRR PapaBear »

RDR 2 Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNqF-O7LvOqRZLcY0ny5

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2019, 10:27:05 AM »
Aside from nerfing S&S, here’s a few alternatives I think would improve the situation.

Stop making things so damn expensive. You need to be able to purchase all the things that counteract S&S.  Next they need to improve weapon switching.  Sometimes you run into a S&S user and you need to be able to switch it up, but you can’t because it’s so sluggish.  Also, make it more obvious they are using it. Sometimes it shows above their head and in the radar, but some times it doesn’t at all.  Make the icon more noticeable and consistent.

They won’t do any of this tho.

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 10:44:32 AM »
Aside from nerfing S&S, here’s a few alternatives I think would improve the situation.

Stop making things so damn expensive. You need to be able to purchase all the things that counteract S&S.  Next they need to improve weapon switching.  Sometimes you run into a S&S user and you need to be able to switch it up, but you can’t because it’s so sluggish.  Also, make it more obvious they are using it. Sometimes it shows above their head and in the radar, but some times it doesn’t at all.  Make the icon more noticeable and consistent.

They won’t do any of this tho.

Yeah, the old weapon wheel was perfect. We could roll while changing weapons and all kinds of good stuff!

Oh, and everyone stay tuned for my post in the "tips" thread, or hell, I may just start a new thread on the topic. I think I may have found a small gem for everyone! Although, it's not really a tip-- Or is it??? lol

Anyway, I will post later after I grind-- I mean, play RDO!

Offline punteverytime

• Liked: 60
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 11:06:23 PM »
It's in a really bad spot right now IMO. The free roam is just boring. The free roam missions (when they actually work, which isn't often) are repetitive and dumb. The hideouts never spawn and when they do, they aren't worth doing. I've done probably 40 hideouts and found one map!! Oh look...got 13 cents off that guy!! Those are the reasons that griefing has become a problem in free roam because there literally isn't anything to do. The gunplay is so clunky!! Dirty made a good comment the other day...he said "he's not sure that they could even add free aim, the aiming is already so clunky that you probably couldn't hit anything". The PvP is awful now because of the "God" build. Guys stay in dead eye the whole match just cutting people in half. Played against a guy the other day that got 38 kills in the shoot out at the docks!! 38-1!!! Any of you that has played that map knows that's absurd! Lower level players know they need not venture into a PvP because you'll just get melted. That's why I hear and run into the same fools almost every other day. Alphapug said it absolutely the best..."there isn't anytime for hi-jinks...it's nothing but a rat race"...you have to grind (and grind hard) in order to be competitive or hell just stay alive for more than 20 seconds!

Offline Dirty Coyote

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 11:39:46 PM »
It's in a really bad spot right now IMO. The free roam is just boring. The free roam missions (when they actually work, which isn't often) are repetitive and dumb. The hideouts never spawn and when they do, they aren't worth doing. I've done probably 40 hideouts and found one map!! Oh look...got 13 cents off that guy!! Those are the reasons that griefing has become a problem in free roam because there literally isn't anything to do. The gunplay is so clunky!! Dirty made a good comment the other day...he said "he's not sure that they could even add free aim, the aiming is already so clunky that you probably couldn't hit anything". The PvP is awful now because of the "God" build. Guys stay in dead eye the whole match just cutting people in half. Played against a guy the other day that got 38 kills in the shoot out at the docks!! 38-1!!! Any of you that has played that map knows that's absurd! Lower level players know they need not venture into a PvP because you'll just get melted. That's why I hear and run into the same fools almost every other day. Alphapug said it absolutely the best..."there isn't anytime for hi-jinks...it's nothing but a rat race"...you have to grind (and grind hard) in order to be competitive or hell just stay alive for more than 20 seconds!

Aside from the grinding, I think the game caters to casuals. SaS comes to mind here.

Free roam is boring. And the showdown matches are a mixed bag of nuts when it comes to the modes/matches. You wanna play with friends on the same team? Sure, just not this match because you're doing a free for all or most wanted. You don't wanna play those? Sorry, no option to skip map... Give us money for gold now!

Kinda hard to get competitive with friends versus other groups when you're forced into free for alls. I find myself just playing this game casually, as oppose to really playing hard and wanting to win. When there's nothing at stake competitive wise, there's no reason to really care about winning. I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not? lol   

Although, I'm hoping the next update will be better. But then again, I can hope all I want...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1369
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »
I get what you're saying, Coyote....but, I think it all depends on each individual's playing style.  If you are geared more towards the competitive PvP side...I can see how disappointing it is that you can't choose the mode you want to play. The little time I spent in PvP earlier on I remember not liking that either.  They really need to better organize those Series modes for you guys that enjoy PvP.

On the flip-side, someone like me who would rather play solo or PvE, I think the game caters more to those who like competition and PvP modes only...even in free roam. To me, the game is forcing you to be competitive.  Personally, I don't like that.  For example, me and a friend had just got done completing a story mission...we both loaded into the same free roam session and we weren't in there 2 minutes when we got attacked by a posse of 4...we were marked for assassination! I've never heard of this free roam activity!  Both of us survived and won the mission.....but, that posse wasn't happy with that and continued to attack us. My friend is a level 60, so he held is own...me on the other hand, a little nooby 27, was being killed over and over again by a level 71.  How is that fun? I guess you could say, well...level up and get good.  I don't want to be forced into something I don't want to do. I hated EVERY minute of that free roam thing/whatever it was.  I would have left the session if it wasn't for staying with my friend. That is why I want private sessions so badly.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1245
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »
For shits and giggles we should get a group together to play the 1st game some weekend. My PS3 is still hooked up and ready. On the Xbox side, don’t forget that all it takes is putting your old 360 disc in the X1 and waiting for it to download. Even better, if you ever bought the digital version, just look in your game section under “ready to install.” Easy Peasy. Might be fun to play some hold your own. And if you have an X, this is a must.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-eya5qGUU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-eya5qGUU</a>

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2019, 01:57:45 PM »
Go to Blackwater and stand on the dock, looking out at Flat Iron sea...…. thinking to yourself, wow theres a whole city over there.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1369
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2019, 04:20:52 PM »
I still have my 360 and my RDR 360 discs even though I have it on the One. I like how it plays on the 360 better.....I find that it's too laggy when playing on the One. And if I get frozen in a session (yes, they still do that shit) I don't want it to mess up my One.

I'm up for a free roam session....maybe some rooftopping and boating?

Does anyone know if public free roam is working ok?

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2019, 04:31:34 PM »
Does anyone know if public free roam is working ok?

I wonder if other Rockstar servers are still going...….. GTA4, MP3, Midnight Racing.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 05:06:57 PM »
I played max Payne not long ago. Still activity in the main modes. Maybe this weekend will bring out some RDR1 players. I’ll fire it up and see if I can posse up with some 1911 cowpokes.

Offline rdeyd1 573

• Happiness is a warm gun
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 781
  • TRUMP 2020 MAGA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »
So it's not really freedom to do what you want?

Rdr2 nominated for best coop game and character per game informer mag.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."  -George Washington

There are two kinds of fascist: fascist and anti-fascist.
   PSN RicochetRRabbit

Offline Dirty Coyote

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 07:16:10 PM »
For shits and giggles we should get a group together to play the 1st game some weekend. My PS3 is still hooked up and ready. On the Xbox side, don’t forget that all it takes is putting your old 360 disc in the X1 and waiting for it to download. Even better, if you ever bought the digital version, just look in your game section under “ready to install.” Easy Peasy. Might be fun to play some hold your own. And if you have an X, this is a must.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-eya5qGUU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-eya5qGUU</a>

I would be down for this. Granted, I have RDR 2 on both PS4 and XBOX 1, but play only on PS4 (I will not start the grind over on xbox. lol), however, I believe my kids downloaded RDR 1 to the xbox 1 a few years ago, only If I remember right they removed it from the hard drive to make space. I could download it again and play with you all, but I would have to get the wife's permission, seeing as it would take up space on her's and the kid's xbox 1. 

Also, I promise not to camp! That is, unless someone camps me first!  ;)

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5747
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 06:57:35 AM »
Also, I promise not to camp! That is, unless someone camps me first!  ;)

ohhhh how I loved campers in RDR1.

I'm down to do this. Good suggestion Pug.

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2019, 02:49:55 PM »
Coyote, if you get up and running on Xbox my tag is the same there. Even if we get 4 it could be fun. I’d be up for whatever. Co-op, gang matches, land grab, boating, cart roller coaster, you name it.