Username: Password:

Author Topic: Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1235
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2019, 12:29:58 PM »
I put up a looking for group post for tomorrow. Not that anything is set in stone for the weekend. Just wanted to try out the feature and let people know I’ll be on around then. Who knows, we might even try some extreme hardcore. (Which is much sillier and fun than the title suggests. It’s just a name!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPRXJ4XObMo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPRXJ4XObMo</a>

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 919
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »
Life must of been hard in the wild west.

I go out at the start of the day, hunting and offering my services to Jessica LeClerk and the sheriff of Tumbleweed in doing jobs. But all the money goes on is food for me & Vardy (my horse)

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2019, 04:50:20 AM »
Am i the only one who liked RDR1 Outfiter better than mute fools from GTA&RDR2? Our boah could say 3-4 lines atleast instead of hand gestures. Outfiter would be a good secondary option in RDR2.

Why is the meaning of fun taken out of Showdown mode? What happened Rockstar? All you had to do is implement the same fun stuff with better graphics!

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2019, 05:01:23 AM »
Am i the only one who liked RDR1 Outfiter better than mute fools from GTA&RDR2? Our boah could say 3-4 lines atleast instead of hand gestures. Outfiter would be a good secondary option in RDR2.
(Image removed from quote.)

Why is the meaning of fun taken out of Showdown mode? What happened Rockstar? All you had to do is implement the same fun stuff with better graphics!

Man, these pics/shots sure do bring back memories of a great game... kinda hurts. lol

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1952
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2019, 10:51:47 AM »
 :'( Yeah, I didn't realize just how important some of those nuances were at the time.   C'est la vie...

It's got me thinking about some other unique mp experiences that got mangled... Some of the early Assassin's Creed multiplayer stuff was awesome and truly unique.

If we at least get some RDR1 style co-op I will be much happier, the PvP imbalance is here to stay it would appear

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2021
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
:'( Yeah, I didn't realize just how important some of those nuances were at the time.   C'est la vie...

It's got me thinking about some other unique mp experiences that got mangled... Some of the early Assassin's Creed multiplayer stuff was awesome and truly unique.

If we at least get some RDR1 style co-op I will be much happier, the PvP imbalance is here to stay it would appear
Would love to see AC return to it's multiplayer component, was a really amazing multiplayer component IMO
Haven't really played RDO since Christmas, been a big let down. Was meant to play with a handful of friends, but they hardly ever play the game either.
I always did well enough in PVP, but never really considered it particularly fun.There was no moment when I got really into, or when the matches started feeling really intense and competitive like RDR 1. Don't really see how they could fix this, unless they add the RDR1 game modes, and decreasing the map size. Game modes like Gun Rush, Name Your Weapon, Make it Count need to be scrapped. Also think the game modes with more than two teams need to be scrapped.

Alphapug mentioned it earlier on in this thread I think, but would be pretty cool if we organised and RDR1 reunion, or tried get that going again. Would happily hook up the old 360 if we could organise it.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1345
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2019, 12:29:40 PM »
I only play RDO when I get invites....which is rare anymore since most my friends have quit playing for the same reasons mentioned here.  Recently friended someone who knows how to glitch off the map and get to Mexico and Guarma.  It's pretty sad that the only interesting thing to do on RDO is glitching off the map!  Btw, Guarma is beautiful!  If you haven't been there yet...you need to go before they patch it. It is kinda time consuming to get there, but if you have a bunch of friends with you it makes the long trip fun and there's some things to see along the way. I've also glitched to "Canada" which doesn't take as long.

I think it would be cool if we did a RDR1 reunion, too!  I'm up for that! I have RDR1 on both the 360 and the One. Where do you think is the best place to let people know something like this is going on other than this forum or Xbox/PS4.  It's really a shame that some people that were here during the hype before RDR2 was released are not coming here anymore because of RDO's disappointments. Do people know that we also have Facebook, Twitter, Discord and the social club to organize meetups?  I'd like to get together as friends no matter what posse you belong to...no competitions....just socializing and having fun. 

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »
Multiplayer has gone down hill, from 5 year career on GTAO...… people only add you, so they have a player to join on to perform a Dupe glitch.

And now on RDO everywhere session is full, but no one interacts. Online gaming has become unsocial able now.

STICK PARTY CHAT UP YOUR ASS, SONY.

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »
Tired of Pinky gang, Lonesome cowboys, Hell hounds, etc. It's not a groundbreaking concept, colours are too similar, so much confusion. If there's gonna be a preset gangs for various modes why not using something that worked well before. For example: Rebeldes, American Army, Cattle Rustlers, Walton's Gang, Dutch's gang. Just food for thought. We could have similar concept in RDR2: Skinners, Murfree Brood, Del Lobos, etc. Much, much better and realistic than this current solution.

Offline Registration

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 2021
  • Awards Worst username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2019, 08:43:58 AM »
Tired of Pinky gang, Lonesome cowboys, Hell hounds, etc. It's not a groundbreaking concept, colours are too similar, so much confusion. If there's gonna be a preset gangs for various modes why not using something that worked well before. For example: Rebeldes, American Army, Cattle Rustlers, Walton's Gang, Dutch's gang. Just food for thought. We could have similar concept in RDR2: Skinners, Murfree Brood, Del Lobos, etc. Much, much better and realistic than this current solution.

I'd back that. I don't think the character creation was as good as expected. I like changing my clothes, but would love if they went with the old outfitter, and maybe let you change some clothes at shops

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »
Well, I made a game session post on Xbox and posted it to the RRR, Mad Men and Forum clubs last weekend. Basically you accept the invitation and it will give you a reminder before the session starts and prompt you to join. It worked pretty well. Here’s the proof.

Show content for Hiden:

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 02:21:57 PM »
The Waiting Room...… any magazines to read?

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5698
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2019, 03:23:05 AM »
Well, I made a game session post on Xbox and posted it to the RRR, Mad Men and Forum clubs last weekend. Basically you accept the invitation and it will give you a reminder before the session starts and prompt you to join. It worked pretty well. Here’s the proof.

Show content for Hiden:

“The lonesome cowboys”

Sorry Alpha, I don’t think I can go back to RD1 :(
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2019, 11:57:47 AM »
(Old multiplayer Irish gurning alone and unloved in the corner.)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
I would gladly meet up on RDR1, but as I see, no one is interested. I remember we tried getting together a while back on RDR1, but again...no interest.  So, if no one was interested before RDR2....I don't see how it would be possible now.  It's sad to see so many turn away from RDO now (for whatever reason). Never expected this in a million years! Here I thought that this would be the only online game I would be playing for the next couple of years. Wow, was I wrong!

And as Ferg said....online gaming HAS become unsociable.  That's because hardly anyone wants to play just to have fun and do creative, crazy things (there's sooo much potential in RDO for this to happen)...most are too busy being competitive and trash talking each other. That's not fun in my opinion. That makes people hide in parties or not talk/text at all. Because now if you say something a little off people are too quick to report you for the littlest of remarks.

If it wasn't for story mode, the beautiful graphics, horses and a few other things...I would have deleted this game off my hard drive.

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2019, 04:59:37 PM »
Thank you mate...… at least one amazing person is listening.

shame all you guys are on Xbox, here is me a lone ranger on PS4...… but I am making the best of it, capturing cool moments of my life in the outlaw world.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:04:38 PM by Ferguson99 »

Offline silebyboy

• Tennis is my goal.
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 646
  • Flipmode is the greatest.
  • Awards
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
Thank you mate...… at least one amazing person is listening.

shame all you guys are on Xbox, here is me a lone ranger on PS4...… but I am making the best of it, capturing cool moments of my life in the outlaw world.

Fergi, you’re a Lone Ranger because you choose to insult those who are civil to you.

Mrs M, I’ve had a great time recently playing with Toni B, Angelwingz, travilanche and several others. I’m 100% sure you’d enjoy it too if only you’d stop playing hardball and just buy a damn PS4. Stop playing hardball and just do it, you’ll love it.

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Let's get in here and be honest for a minute....
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »
The only time you are civil, is when I am the only one online for you to join on..... then you  don’t want to know when the others come online.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:10:30 PM by Ferguson99 »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2019, 08:40:21 PM »
Sile! Howdy pardner!  Yea, I am 100% sure that I WOULD have loads of fun with you guys on PS4....buuuuut, I am not the one playing hardball...my bank account is! It never lets me have any fun...some guy named Bill gets all our hard earned money. We wait all year right about this time for our tax refund money....but we still can't even do anything fun with that. Last year, when we got our refund, our water heater broke...so, there goes that! Wonder what it will be this year? I know it won't be a PS4 and sub to go with it.

Anyhooo, enough about that boring stuff.

What I wanted to say in this thread is an apology for my negative posts about RDR Online.  I don't mean to come across as negative and nit-picky and I sure don't want to make a bad impression about the game to any newcomers to the forum. That's not right....I'm sorry. I had my own expectations about online and what I thought it was going to be like and when I found out it wasn't....I was mad and disappointed. I know that others feel the same way but are trying to make the best of it. I should try harder to do the same. Deep down inside, I hope that Rockstar makes improvements and we know that they will definitely add more updates/features/content to make the game more interesting. I just gotta be more patient I guess. Thanks for hearing me out and I will try to be more positive about the game.

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5747
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
I don't mean to come across as negative and nit-picky and I sure don't want to make a bad impression about the game to any newcomers to the forum. That's not right....I'm sorry. I had my own expectations about online and what I thought it was going to be like and when I found out it wasn't....I was mad and disappointed.

Yeah, I've only had negative stuff to say about RDO (which I don't want to keep on doing) so I've basically taken a gigantic step back from posting. Hopefully rockstar can add something soon worth getting excited about soon.

"The blood stays on the blade"