Username: Password:

Author Topic: New update, rockstar muffs again?  (Read 506 times)

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2783
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New update, rockstar muffs again?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »
I’d love to be a fly on rockstars wall right now and see if they are really so oblivious or if they’re sweating bullets trying to translate this lost language we have been apparently speaking for the past 8 years.

Offline UnWrappedLemon8

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 35
  • F*#k the RB button!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 11:13:47 PM »
I’d love to be a fly on rockstars wall right now and see if they are really so oblivious or if they’re sweating bullets trying to translate this lost language we have been apparently speaking for the past 8 years.

They are that secretive, you would be swatted.

Seriously though, is it true that their masters are Take Two Interactive?  When did Rockstar games sell out if that is true?  You would think they made enough from the first RDR and the GTA series to run their own operation?  The mind boggles!!

I won't be playing again until there is a decent update, but what I would love to see is a Ability Card free game modes where there is dead eye but you earn it. 
I was watching some of the Youtubers who stream and they whinge all the time about how they can't aim without deadeye after they run out!  I would love to see them play without the cards and without auto-aim but they wouldn't  would they?  They are so dependent on it the game would be unplayable for them  (sleep) (whip)
Ability Cards??  They don't matter if you have NO ability!

Offline floofgoofer

• TWO
  • Liked: 1952
  • When I think about you... I pull RT
  • Awards Best username
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 12:44:30 AM »
I feel ya lemon, but I have a red dead itch that has to be scratched even if it is just infrequently.

Re: cards/deadeye/tonics, the aiming mechanics are such that when you're deadeye core is drained aiming is so unresponsive, even free aim becomes more difficult.  Add to it the fact that taking damage makes the reticle dance the jig when not in deadeye... and it becomes very difficult to play with any consistency.  All the variables are working against you.  Unless, of course you drink tonics.

Throw all that in a blender with abysmal spawns, poor level design, random/unbalanced card interactions, huge player level/equipment/wealth disparity (even ammo type needs consideration), and you have a great big shit smoothie.

If it was ALL balanced it could be fun, in a chess match sort of way, but it's not.

Don't get me started on limited, under-developed game modes, posse splitting, and a 'series' format that forces you into games you do not want to play, surprise loadout changes, buying ammo between matches, zero incentive to play the objective vs. getting the most kills, etc...

Maybe I'm just older and grumpier than my rdr1 self  :o

Offline UnWrappedLemon8

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 35
  • F*#k the RB button!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 01:38:08 AM »
I feel ya lemon, but I have a red dead itch that has to be scratched even if it is just infrequently.

Re: cards/deadeye/tonics, the aiming mechanics are such that when you're deadeye core is drained aiming is so unresponsive, even free aim becomes more difficult.  Add to it the fact that taking damage makes the reticle dance the jig when not in deadeye... and it becomes very difficult to play with any consistency.  All the variables are working against you.  Unless, of course you drink tonics.

Throw all that in a blender with abysmal spawns, poor level design, random/unbalanced card interactions, huge player level/equipment/wealth disparity (even ammo type needs consideration), and you have a great big shit smoothie.

If it was ALL balanced it could be fun, in a chess match sort of way, but it's not.

Don't get me started on limited, under-developed game modes, posse splitting, and a 'series' format that forces you into games you do not want to play, surprise loadout changes, buying ammo between matches, zero incentive to play the objective vs. getting the most kills, etc...

I agree too Floof :)  I might just go and finish off single player actually, try and get platinum on it.  I have RDR 1 so I might even fire that up and see if anyone is playing.

I am sorry if it seems that I am bitching about RDR 2, but I just feel that Rockstar has really dropped the ball on this game.  They knew what worked in RDR and the players loved it, but they decided for some reason not to improve on that, and then to give us the gaming public the middle finger by not updating the game with CONTENT, well, I don't think I will bother with another Rockstar game. 

It's strange, I still hold out hope on this game for some stupid reason, maybe it is because I hate to give up, I don't know....
Ability Cards??  They don't matter if you have NO ability!

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 03:22:16 AM »

I agree too Floof :)  I might just go and finish off single player actually, try and get platinum on it.  I have RDR 1 so I might even fire that up and see if anyone is playing.

I am sorry if it seems that I am bitching about RDR 2, but I just feel that Rockstar has really dropped the ball on this game.  They knew what worked in RDR and the players loved it, but they decided for some reason not to improve on that, and then to give us the gaming public the middle finger by not updating the game with CONTENT, well, I don't think I will bother with another Rockstar game. 

It's strange, I still hold out hope on this game for some stupid reason, maybe it is because I hate to give up, I don't know....

Nah, you're not alone. A lot of us are bitching about RDR 2. lol