Username: Password:

Author Topic: Enjoying the game's relaxing pace on my second play through  (Read 261 times)

Offline James7

• Bounty Killer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Enjoying the game's relaxing pace on my second play through
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:30:12 AM »
I may have said I already played this game through once without any spoilers or help, so I could enjoy and be surprised by the narrative.

Now, I'm playing it through a second time trying to do all the various challenges and ensure I get in all the encounters. I have the official guide, and I check things off as I do them. It's a lot of fun.

Show content for Hiden:
I'm going to play as Arthur right before Thomas Downes (and the TB infection) until I clear out all challenges and encounters, except for the hunting challenges and non-Guarma wildlife for my animals index. Then I'll go forward with the game carefully so as not to miss any other possible interactions. Finally, when it's done and it's just John, I'll sort out hunting challenges and the remaining wildlife in my index.

But I wanted to say that I am enjoying this immensely. It's so relaxing. I was pumped up playing it through the first time, but this is now so easy going. I do save a lot to keep my progress in case of death, but I really do appreciate the slow pace this game encourages. It's quite relaxing. :)

Offline Ferguson99

• Valentine Sheriff
  • Liked: 930
  • Awards Most Likely to Get Bucked From Horse
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Enjoying the game's relaxing pace on my second play through
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »
At least post some screenshots of your moments in the story

(Share & Triangle)

Offline James7

• Bounty Killer
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 06:33:59 AM »
At least post some screenshots of your moments in the story

(Share & Triangle)

If I come across a thing that's not been posted on the internet before, I will try to screenshot it. But I was looking for cigarette cards (using the official guide book as a guide). I went to get the Flora of North America card number 3 at the location in the picture. While I was there, I heard a conversation between Trelawny and his family (or ONE of his families--who knows?). He seems to have a house with a wife and several children there in St Denis. You can't see him, but I understand someone found out you could bang on his door and tells his wife that you're a work colleague and tells you he'll see you at the office later.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1369
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »
I'll have to go check that out! I love finding little hidden details like that!