Username: Password:

Author Topic: The new update..!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Dirty Coyote

• Liked: 41
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The new update..!
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »
FU#KING SUCKS!

That is all...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1357
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The new update..!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:34:31 PM »
Yea, I heard they dropped the values of pelts and fish.  And something about looting houses for jewelry. 

So, now I have literally no way of making money unless I do the same story missions over and over, repetitive and boring stranger missions or PvP (which I won't do).

Thanks for nothing, Rockstar!!! I'm sticking with replaying the story and finding another game to play online or going back to GTAV Online.

They have made online worse...and here I am thinking it's got to eventually get better. I don't even want to log on after seeing all the disappointed comments/reviews. AND, I have heard that when some people downloaded the update it messed up story mode.  That better not happen to my game....I will be spitting nails mad!!!!!!!

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:46:28 AM »

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
Just read that....I was wondering if they patched the off map to Guarma glitch.  Well, at least I got there a couple of times. That was one of the very few things that I enjoyed doing in that game. Very sad.

Had to update to play story last night. They messed something up with the way the hunting knife is holstered....it,um..doesn't go into the holster now...it sits above it in a weird position. Have not noticed anything else different or if they messed up anything else in story as a result of this stupid update.

Offline punteverytime

• Liked: 60
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 11:41:53 PM »
This update is BAD ASS!!! And by that I mean...BAD and ASS!! AT this point...should someone go to the R* headquarters and see if they are ok?? Sort of like the thing on Twitter saying "what would you tweet" (if you were being kidnapped) to secretly alert your friends!!!! Has everyone over there lost it?!?!

Offline CyborgNinjaCowboy

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • Liked: 202
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 03:48:00 AM »
Nerfing pelts and fish all to push Micahtransactions
Apples taste good and you can throw them if your being attacked
PSN:Bassman32590

Offline The Jester

• Slasher
  • Rockstar Gamers
  • Liked: 5747
  • You're a Noob
    • View Profile
    • Rockstar Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 07:39:57 AM »
For a second there I thought R* nerfed this forum too.

Who is still playing this? Is anybody really expecting them to turn it around?

"The blood stays on the blade"

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1244
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 08:20:33 AM »
I haven’t played online in a while, but I’m not done. I just have so many good games to play in my backlog and RDO just didn’t hook me. I miss private free roam like in GTA. Rockstar has always been terrible at balance in PVP, we just got lucky with the first game. I don’t have much hope that PVP will ever be good, but they might surprise me.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 01:59:55 PM »
Logged in last night for a little bit just to buy some new clothes.....aaaaaannnnd now I'm broke....but, now I won't freeze to death when I go up to the Grizzlies.

I have my doubts that Rockstar will add what I want....and basically what most people want (private sessions).  I am trying to have hope that they will make things better for everyone! I mean, they HAVE to do something...people are going to go play other online games and forget about RDO.  I see a lot of people on my friend list that have already moved on to other new co-op games like Division 2...friends that have played RDO and now are bored of it and have not even come back for the updates.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 06:36:53 PM »
Believe it or not I’m itching to play some GTA online this weekend. I still have money from the RDR2 bonus and I just did 2 factor authentication for the social club which gives you $500k. (And 10 gold bars in RDR2) For me that open world is still a big draw. Same for RDR, it’s the best part of the game.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2785
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »

I haven’t played in several weeks. I get the itch but then I think about fishing season coming up and then I don’t want to get wrapped up in any other additional bad habits.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5698
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 07:59:06 AM »
Believe it or not I’m itching to play some GTA online this weekend. I still have money from the RDR2 bonus and I just did 2 factor authentication for the social club which gives you $500k. (And 10 gold bars in RDR2) For me that open world is still a big draw. Same for RDR, it’s the best part of the game.

If you see me online feel free to jump in, I'm getting into hunting expeditions and other free roam antics (attacking rival posses during missions [not griefing as such])
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Craigyroo

• New gen zen(^_^)
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5698
  • Stranger thing.
  • Awards PS3 Online Pro Best signature Awarded to the member judged to have the best MP secret
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 08:03:13 AM »

It will never be the glory days of RDR but I still enjoy it for what it is worth, I'm at level 193 now  :o but I admit the PvP was really a struggle recently and I could only do a handful of games before having to drop out as it was getting a bit dull especially, the new spoils of war mode is more akin to hold your own which is encouraging -more of the same please R*.   
<-- Click to view live stream of my gameplay.

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
Will do Craigy. Next weekend I’ll jump back in with you. I still haven’t done all of the free roam missions so I’m game for that. And the ones you’re talking about are fair game. It’s not like GTA where I tried doing some CEO work in a public session and had to deliver some cargo I spent $18k on to a boat off shore. As soon as I start the slow ass tugboat it announces to the session what I’m doing. Fair enough, but within 10 seconds 2 fighter jets swoop down and I’m hit with 4 missiles. Mission over. 🤗

Offline will136

• Saddle Tramp
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1079
  • as long as we get paid or you get shot, I'm happy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 02:09:14 PM »
i know what you mean Alphapug ... been there and done that too ... i pretty much wind up jumping servers several times till i can get one online public solo ... and RDR online crashes for me way too much to make it any fun to play ... but thats my service provider causing the disconnects ... lately I've been enjoying TC's the Division 2 ... running the streets and allies of Washington DC with VMB ... the game is by far better this time around then the 1st Division game ...

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:05 PM »
Just got home from work and I have been hearing that there's an update for RDO and they have done a graphics downgrade????? Is this true? Also, RDO and GTAVO are both down....not sure if that is still going on or it was just for a few hours. I'm afraid to do the update now....the graphics are the only thing they got right...that and the story. 

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »
It’s all over Reddit, but nothing from Rockstar. (Of course) There’s speculation that they may have dialed things down a bit to improve performance on base consoles. That would be a legitimate thing to do especially in St. Denis, but they should note it on the patch notes or make it optional. Some dispute any change. I’m not sure myself. I’ve seen arguments both way. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Alphapug

• Mad Men
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
Double post, so here’s a GTA clip I made.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9KF5Bris1E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9KF5Bris1E</a>

Offline tonko

• Liked: 40
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 05:04:34 AM »

It will never be the glory days of RDR but I still enjoy it for what it is worth, I'm at level 193 now  :o but I admit the PvP was really a struggle recently and I could only do a handful of games before having to drop out as it was getting a bit dull especially, the new spoils of war mode is more akin to hold your own which is encouraging -more of the same please R*.

Spoils of war does remind alot of Hold your own. But once again ability cards ruined it. Everyone is using Slippery bastard. Weak.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 12:34:34 PM »
Ok, the graphics downgrade is significantly noticeable to me. They took away ambient occlusion (had to look that one up)! Maybe the people who don't really notice it are the ones who have an Xbox One X and 4K TV's that have enhanced graphics or those that just don't care about graphics.  Most of my screenshot collection are photos of how light reflects on different things at different times of day/night...those of you on my xbox friend list have seen some of them. I spend quite a bit of time just taking one perfect shot. I enjoy doing that and was what I thought made the game stand out above most other games. Now Rockstar have taken that away from me and many others that enjoy in game photography. Not only was this good for photos....it made the game that much more immersive. It felt so real, like you are really there and added to the mood of whatever you were doing depending on where you were.

I paid $100 for this game and after all the hype I expected it to be everything I wanted and more. Or you would expect to at least get your money's worth, right? They have taken away something that we have PAID for, something that was said to be included in the game and was raved about in pre-game screenshots. I have never been so disappointed with Rockstar than I am right now.

And if their reasoning for the downgrade is for what you said, Pug.....this is going to confirm my fears of them eventually making a remake of this game for the next generation of consoles just like they did with GTAV. If my Xbox One or S can't handle a graphics upgrade without affecting overall performance at this early in the game's development as far as new content and updates....this tells me that they might eventually stop supporting old versions of the xbox one and only support the X and whatever else is rumored to be coming out next.  It only makes sense for Rockstar since all they listen to is money, money and more money.....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:48:58 PM by Mrs Marston »