Username: Password:

Author Topic: Days Gone  (Read 132 times)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1364
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Days Gone
« on: May 03, 2019, 03:02:23 PM »
Any PS4 players get this game?  THIS would be THE game that would make me get a PS4.....hypothetically speaking, of course.

Let me know if any of you are streaming it...please and thank you. Post any screenshots or game clips here for me to drool over.
                                                                                                                                                       ||
                                                                                                                                                       ||
                                                                                                                                                       V

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1245
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Days Gone
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 05:02:15 PM »
I was very interested when I saw previews of it, but I’ve cooled after reading some reviews and listening to IGN’s “podcast beyond” about it. (Spoiler free) https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-beyond/id276268070 I’ll probably get it on sale at some point, but the grind of it turns me off a bit.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »
I kinda stay away from reviews and like to make my own predictions based on gameplay on YouTube/Mixer from my favorite streamers. And first off, it depends mostly on what the game is about and if it is something interesting to me. Every game is a grind pretty much. I have so many games I have not finished that even though I enjoy them, I got lazy and quit grinding.

When I saw the trailers for Days Gone the thing that interested me was the protagonist and the whole survive-the-zombies concept. Now that I've seen some streams, it seems like it has a "Walking Dead" feel to it as there are other survivors to fight against and the fighting mechanics and weapons look great! I think you can customize Deacon's bike and of course there's a photo mode to capture all those amazing kills or beautiful graphic scenery.

Yea, zombies are overdone and repetitive and I guess you have to like that sort of thing to keep you playing!  I would love to try it out!

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1245
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 10:24:47 AM »
Yeah, I didn’t want to discourage you by any means. There are plenty of games that I liked despite reviews. I can discount opinion reviews like they didn’t like the main character or the story didn’t hook me, etc... I didn’t like reading that there are 30-40 hours of repeating the same type of mission to artificially make the game longer. It’s like mafia 3. The first time you scout an enemy compound and go in guns blazing it’s awesome, then you realize you just do it over and over without any real variety. It makes me appreciate a game like the Witcher 3 even more. Even the small side quests are interesting. I will definitely get this game at some point, but I’m waiting for a sale.

Offline VMB-TAN

• Carson, Bill Carson
  • Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 5505
  • Adios, half soldier
  • Awards Best Contributor 2014
    • View Profile
    • my YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »
The bugs in this game are awesomely funny :) check out Gamesprout on YouTube (thumbsup2)

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
I will definitely have check that out, VMB!

OMG, Pug...the Witcher 3 was an all around awesome game...I thought I would never finish it there was so much to do!  I think I still need to finish that 2nd DLC and never tried out Game +.