Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 631 times)

Offline FS97

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thank You
« on: January 20, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »
It has been a long time since I've made a post on this forum. 5 years or so. I tried sending out messages on Xbox to my remaining friends list but in all honesty it has changed so much that I don't even know if the messages sent or not.

One evening I was on YouTube when I saw a few suggested videos from a channel I hadn't watched for years - 'LordClanRDR'. Started watching a few videos and all the fond memories came flooding back. Playing Red Dead Redemption seems like such a distant memory now. Even more so by how terrible the second was in online terms.

All I could think of when watching those YouTube videos is how entertaining it actually was. We all got so engrossed in loyalty with our clans, we all argued and played each other endlessly. Ultimately, we all just wanted to be the best at a game that we all agreed was really, really good.

I must have spent the best part of three years playing that game, every evening when I had the time. Sounds pretty terrible when you put it that way but I wouldn't change a second of it. I wonder sometimes how everyone is doing, the people I used to speak to almost every evening, whether it was amicably or otherwise.

Had my fair share of fun on this forum also. You all probably caught me at my worst age and for that I can only apologise. But looking back (hopefully not through rose tinted glasses) the entire experience was great, and one that I doubt many other games can claim in terms of one clearcut community.

It looks like this forum (unfortunately but perhaps not unsurprisingly) is slowly withering away and so I don't expect a huge amount of people to see this. But for those who do, you most likely played a huge part in making those few years heaven or hell for me and for that I am very grateful.

Thanks for the memories, for those years being slouched in front of a television screen.The years that I unflinchingly do not regret.

Lord Fredinho / Fred.

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1252
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 08:01:17 PM »
It was all in fun I think. As you get older you get more perspective. I was already old back in the heyday of the forum and knew that many members were young and hot-headed sometimes. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I was never bothered by forum drama and chest thumping. I found it pretty entertaining. It’s a shame that 2 just didn’t live up to the high standards set 10 years ago. PVP was simple and fair and addictive. I’ve tried a couple of times to get a group together to play RDR and relive things, but the best we could do was 4 people. Still fun though. Played some gang matches and some co-op. Maybe I’ll try again soon.

Offline outlawfisherman

• TWO
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 2786
  • Awards Most Helpful 2014 Best Mod 2014 XBOX Online Pro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 08:29:00 PM »
I just wish RDR 2 had turned out to be half the game RDR was. 

Pug, we should definitely get a once a month evening planned or something to play RDR.  I’ve heard it’s not broken anymore.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:36:27 PM by outlawfisherman »

Offline Alphapug

• That is not dead which can eternal lie. Mad Men
  • Mad Men
  • Liked: 1252
  • Mad Men Ambassador and Crew Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:15:49 AM »
I’d be up for that. I suppose the best way to organize it would be through direct Xbox messages. Too quiet here and even the Xbox club has basically gone dark.

Offline Mrs Marston

• Red River Resistance
  • Liked: 1377
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 03:54:51 PM »
I have been thinking about dusting off my old RDR disc.

Send me a msg if you guys do get together for some RDR.  Wouldn't hurt to also send it thru the RDF Xbox club, Facebook, Discord, Twitter and here.  If you want, I can help send those messages to see if anyone's interested.....

I'd love to see a RDR revival...lord knows RDO is deader than dead.

There is a new way (on RDO) to glitch off the map, too.....I bet we could get people interested in that.  You need at least a posse of 2 to do it...it's super easy!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:20:55 PM by Mrs Marston »

Offline Mathieu_Era

• TWO
  • Liked: 468
  • You Just Made The List!
  • Awards Most Likely To Flee To Mexico
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 03:22:53 PM »

Offline TeS Arzachel

• Liked: 14
  • Day follows night, and hate follows love.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 02:27:16 AM »
I’ve heard it’s not broken anymore.

It's not! My friend John fixed the servers back in April of 2018. It's been working smoothly and server population has never been better thanks to backwards compatibility! Last I heard he was working on PS3.