Username: Password:

Author Topic: X-Files: Red Dead Redemption  (Read 297829 times)

Offline FaceShot117

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: X-Files: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
Quote from: 'bluerock' pid='53935' dateline='1275072909'
Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='53887' dateline='1275071639'
Yes they did.

Sam Houser stated "I did in fact put Bigfoot in the game which was meant as a joke but my boss told me to remove it. Instead, I didn't tell my boss and kept Bigfoot in the game just in case testers decided to roam the woods. Players will have a 1/10 chance of finding Bigfoot." (?)

Off of GTA wiki.

Oh, whoops. I forgot that a fan-made wiki page, which is able to be edited by anyone, is irrefutable proof of the existence of Bigfoot. A wiki without any credible citations, even! How convenient. Lets take a look at the person who added in the "quote", WipeoutFan98. Here, you can easily see that he took

Several screenshots and videos have been posted claiming to show the creature in the game, but they have been classified as hoaxes - either genuine in-game captures of unofficial modifications or edited (photoshopped) images and videos.

And replaced it with

Several screenshots and videos have been posted claiming to show the creature in the game. Sometimes genuine in-game captures of unofficial modifications or edited (photoshopped) images and videos can fool players.

Providing absolutely no proof to back up the claim and completely getting rid of the bit about classifying them as hoaxes. Later on in the article he decides to add:

But a few months later, a Rockstar employee stated "I did in fact put Bigfoot in the game which was meant as a joke but my boss told me to remove it. Instead, i didn't tell my boss and kept Bigfoot in the game just in case testers decided to roam the woods. Players will have a 1/10 chance of finding Bigfoot."

Then a week later, WipeoutFan98 decided to change "a Rockstar employee" to "Sam Houser", still providing no proof. If you Google the quote, surprise surprise, you don't find the source of it. No online interview with Houser, no magazine article. Just bullshit from people who believe in bigfoot. I'm surprised anyone with half a brain would believe it's an actual quote.

Well if that is true and it is all one big conspiracy, I stand corrected. You obviously spent a lot of time trying to disprove that whole thing. I guess everyone needs a cause, right?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:03:24 PM by FaceShot117 »

Offline Master

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »
Actually you can just read the change log for the wiki... it doesnt take but 5 min and a quick google search to figure out what is going on there. It sure doesnt take a lot of time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:07:02 PM by Master »

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 03:21:59 PM »
Quote from: 'Master' pid='53960' dateline='1275073606'
Actually you can just read the change log for the wiki... it doesnt take but 5 min and a quick google search to figure out what is going on there. It sure doesnt take a lot of time.

I'm sure, but I meant something a little different. I just though it kind of humorous that he put up quote after quote like that. It seemed like overkill when I would have just accepted a simple "People change around GTA wiki to service their conspiracy, anyone can change information there, at any time." Or something similar.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:25:51 PM by FaceShot117 »

Offline Jedwhite

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 05:10:38 PM »
I was in tall trees and something huge and fast killed me and my horse in an instant. Scared the shit outta me and i know it wasnt a beer or wolf, it was tall and skinny like a horse.

Something is out there in tall trees and in time someone will post a vid proving it once and for all

Offline Cookiekiller

• Liked: 82
  • Chairmode activate *boop*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »
What about the writing on the altar in tumbleweed church? A referance to the supposed "werewolf" of Tall trees, perhaps?

Offline Jedwhite

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
perhaps tumble weed, mexican zombie, and werewolfs in tall trees are all linked in one epic conspiracy leading to bigfoot in gta san andreas?

Offline Natdaprat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »
The only monster in RDR lies in the forums, we call them the infamous trolls.
[align=center][/align]

Offline 6Gunner

• Federal Bureau: Tall Trees Investigation
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 06:51:33 PM »
Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='53949' dateline='1275073299'

Yes they did.

Sam Houser stated "I did in fact put Bigfoot in the game which was meant as a joke but my boss told me to remove it. Instead, I didn't tell my boss and kept Bigfoot in the game just in case testers decided to roam the woods. Players will have a 1/10 chance of finding Bigfoot." (?)

Off of GTA wiki.

Oh, whoops. I forgot that a fan-made wiki page, which is able to be edited by anyone, is irrefutable proof of the existence of Bigfoot. A wiki without any credible citations, even! How convenient. Lets take a look at the person who added in the "quote", WipeoutFan98. Here, you can easily see that he took

Several screenshots and videos have been posted claiming to show the creature in the game, but they have been classified as hoaxes - either genuine in-game captures of unofficial modifications or edited (photoshopped) images and videos.

And replaced it with

Several screenshots and videos have been posted claiming to show the creature in the game. Sometimes genuine in-game captures of unofficial modifications or edited (photoshopped) images and videos can fool players.

Providing absolutely no proof to back up the claim and completely getting rid of the bit about classifying them as hoaxes. Later on in the article he decides to add:

But a few months later, a Rockstar employee stated "I did in fact put Bigfoot in the game which was meant as a joke but my boss told me to remove it. Instead, i didn't tell my boss and kept Bigfoot in the game just in case testers decided to roam the woods. Players will have a 1/10 chance of finding Bigfoot."

Then a week later, WipeoutFan98 decided to change "a Rockstar employee" to "Sam Houser", still providing no proof. If you Google the quote, surprise surprise, you don't find the source of it. No online interview with Houser, no magazine article. Just bullshit from people who believe in bigfoot. I'm surprised anyone with half a brain would believe it's an actual quote.

Well if that is true and it is all one big conspiracy, I stand corrected. You obviously spent a lot of time trying to disprove that whole thing. I guess everyone needs a cause, right?

I would not stand corrected; I saw bigfoot after camping nearly a whole 4 to 5 hours in the spot where it was supposed to show. I was not trying to spread rumors, I just wanted to know if it was true or not.

Now, here I am trying to come to a conclusion (either by revealing the truth or BS) of the werewolf. I do have a theory on the werewolf, I'm uploading several supportive pictures of said theory in the next hour or two... (doing some online classes in the process)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:55:16 PM by 6Gunner »

Offline 6Gunner

• Federal Bureau: Tall Trees Investigation
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »
THE TALL TREES WEREWOLF

What we know about appearances...
So far, the alleged in-game cryptid has only been spotted at night and in the Tall Trees region. Some who have spotted the beast have claimed it to only appear during full moons. The phase of the moon is either irrelevant (as the moon's phase shifts 2-3 times every night) or the beast only appears during the hours of a full moon. What we do know, based on what all accounts claim, is that the alleged werewolf (if it exists) is capable of appearing every night.

What we know about location...

Tall Trees for sure from all accounts. Some specifics included below:

"No idea man, was night when I saw it though. Was in the middle of the forest I think." -- erlendw

"I assume so, I dunno I waited till night to go looking for it lol! I think I initially saw it near the north east part of the forest, where there is a little bit of snow. But I chased it quite far so I don't know where it finished." -- Treefrog

The figure below represents a search area based on these two statements.

What we know from eye-witness accounts...

"Was riding around in Tall Trees at night, and then i stumbled across this thing:

[Original Picture]

Thing was fast as feck, and to be honest, it did look like a werewolf. Tried to chase it, but horse couldn't keep up with it, so it disappeared..

So what say you guys? Werewolf or glitch?" -- erlendw

"Holy shit guys HOLY SHIT!
I was pretty much searching the entire of tall trees inch by inch looking for this thing, when I saw something running a bit too fast to be a person, anyways it stopped near some bushes and I caught up with it in time to snap this pic. Unfortunately when I tried to bring it down, it killed my horse and then me!

[Second Picture; Yellow Tint]

It was ungodly fast, bit like the cougar in the way it attacks though. Now I gotta get me a werewolf skin! (Stock up on medicine if your hunting for it, it is REALLY fast)" -- Treefrog

"I was in tall trees and something huge and fast killed me and my horse in an instant. Scared the shit outta me and i know it wasnt a beer or wolf, it was tall and skinny like a horse." -- Jedwhite

"This bitch is real, go out to tall trees at night with a full moon. I had my buffalo rifle ready to cap this thing didnt think it was real though. I saw it running but I was scared shitless and missed and the thing killed me in a couple hits, no time to use medicine." -- Jedwhite

GUYS I'VE ALSO SEEN IT, the 'werewolf' had exactly the same shape as the picture Treefrog posted on the 1st page.

I made especially an account for this...

I were just walking in the tall grass hunting some bears when suddenly my eye catched on a strange shape in the distance, like 30 meters. I ran towards it, and at the same time i got one-hitted by a freaking bear!!! zommggg -- marcfields

From a number of posts we can confirm that the alleged cryptid is very fast and capable of doing severe damage in short time. However, stories differ in the creatures actions towards the player. The initial account claimed that the creature ran away at great speed; most, if not all, accounts that followed resulted in the demise of the player (one of which was by normal fauna - a bear). It has not been stated by official forum staff rather or not any of these screen names share a common IP address, thus a common source.

So far, the inconclusive evidence leads me to three theories...

1. Actual easter egg; I'm currently skeptical of this conclusion. However, the appearances at night and in a static location (Tall Trees only) would support this theory.

2. The result of a common re-skin glitch, which are known for distorted limbs and awkward appearance; both alleged screenshots show these symptoms.

3. Photoshop hoax, which is a theory much of the community has come to and I have explored myself... while out hunting for the werewolf I found nothing out of the normal. I was, however, attacked by a pack of wolves and while passing through the dead pack, I noticed they take a number of similar body positions to what we have seen in screenshots so far. I continued to kill wolves around Tall Trees and near the Marston Ranch and took a number of screens of the various positions the wolves die in. They follow below...

Note the upright positions in which they rest. While I hate to question the credibility of the two forum contributors who were kind enough to share their account with us, the possibility of a dead wolf in an upright position being added into the picture is necessary. I do find the yellow tint suspicious. I honestly hope that the screenshots are real and that I find myself recording video soon.

To credit the two members of the community, however, I will add that I zoomed in on both pictures and noticed no distortion of pixels that would indicate that the screenshots have been doctored in any way (minus the yellow tint mentioned earlier) the cryptid also appears to be larger than the dead ones above.

All of the above taken into consideration, I'm going to go with my gut and call this a suspiciously localized re-skin glitch until I get video and a dead body or R* makes a statement.

Here's to happy hunting! The truth is out there;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:43:26 PM by 6Gunner »

Offline Jedwhite

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »
no one including my self has encountered this beast more than once which leads me to believe it may only come out on certain days?

When it first happend to me I too thought it was just a reskin glitch or something, though I was only able to catch a glimpse before it caught me. ( I was using bait hunting for bears)  after reading this though and seeing the pics i know there must be something out there

Offline Sheriff Pat Garrett

• Sheriff of Lincoln County, NM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 11:53:49 PM »
lol Mini nuke I love that
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:59:30 PM by Sheriff Pat Garrett »
PSN mmgcash
Cop 1: Looks like a heart attack.
Cop 2: What\'s that he\'s holding?
Cop 1: Looks like a game controller. Must\'ve died right in the middle of a game.
Cop 2: (looks at the tv screen) Wow, that\'s a lot of Trophies. He really lived, didn\'t he?
Cop 1: (nods solemnly, eyes mist) Yea

Offline Shmack

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 12:01:07 AM »
Quote from: 'Sheriff Pat Garrett' pid='54689' dateline='1275105229'

lol Mini nuke I love that

That scared the shit out of me when I first watched that. Lucky you were recording.

Great video!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:01:20 AM by Shmack »

Offline Tiberion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 12:03:17 AM »
Edit: This post was a reply to Pat Garret's - which has now been edited, and refers to his explosion video, which is linked in the post below this one.
------------------------
Not sure why the mini-nuke was supposed to be merged in here (where is it...?) but this needs to be a little more organized if we're gonna use this as a catchall for "weird things"

But alas, your video isn't really a mystery. That was the explosion of a Dynamite packing camp. When you rode by you triggered their little cutscene where they talk for 20 seconds and one of them warns "watch out for sparks" and then BOOOOOOOM

I almost died the 1st time I found one. And the debris is exactly like what is shown in your video.

Note that it doesn't always explode. One time the other NPC says "I think I need a smoke" at which point I ran away at top speed. It never exploded. Amusing :P

-------------------------------

Re: The other stuff.

I am sorry but Bigfoot is not in San Andreas. I frequented GTANet when SA was new and it was a huge conspiracy even very early in the games life. Its been years and years and we've never seen even remotely convincing proof of it. Someone would have seen it by now.

The werewolf thing looks like the replacement glitch. The 2nd one reeks of fakeness

In general, Rockstar would be wasting time to put in things that only a tiny portion of players would ever see. They do easter eggs all of the time, and their easter eggs are always easy enough to find if you know where to look.

Anytime you see a grainy silhouette of some supposedly mythical creature, assume its fake. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:15:35 AM by Tiberion »

Offline Sheriff Pat Garrett

• Sheriff of Lincoln County, NM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 12:08:56 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, I had to change it so that I wouldn't get banned. lawl

For those who didn't see my amazing "Mini Nuke" vid here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmtTKRL-brg&playnext_from=TL&videos=z1Rk5B8gWhY&feature=sub
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:31:11 AM by Sheriff Pat Garrett »
PSN mmgcash
Cop 1: Looks like a heart attack.
Cop 2: What\'s that he\'s holding?
Cop 1: Looks like a game controller. Must\'ve died right in the middle of a game.
Cop 2: (looks at the tv screen) Wow, that\'s a lot of Trophies. He really lived, didn\'t he?
Cop 1: (nods solemnly, eyes mist) Yea

Offline Crvena-Zastava

• Victoria et Fortitudo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »
I think the title of "Mexican Zombie" is a bit...too much.

Why exactly does it have to be a zombie? From my mediocre knowledge of the west, a lot of people starved in the desert [Most likely escaped convicts]. I would guess that the Mexican Zombie is just a starved person.

Of course, if it makes some weird sounds like grunts and snorts then I guess it would be a zombie :dodgy: However, I just think that he is just some random, starved guy in the desert.

Offline Tiberion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »
Quote from: 'Crvena-Zastava' pid='54711' dateline='1275107464'
I think the title of "Mexican Zombie" is a bit...too much.

Why exactly does it have to be a zombie? From my mediocre knowledge of the west, a lot of people starved in the desert [Most likely escaped convicts]. I would guess that the Mexican Zombie is just a starved person.

Of course, if it makes some weird sounds like grunts and snorts then I guess it would be a zombie :dodgy: However, I just think that he is just some random, starved guy in the desert.

Heh, that model is seen as a dead body in a coffin in one of the missions with Seth early in the game. So if its up walking around, its either a zombie or a mummy.

And really, whats a mummy other than a really dry zombie?

Seriously though, its either a glitched NPC with the wrong 3D model loaded, or someone is messing with their console to get the things to appear.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:41:43 AM by Tiberion »

Offline Daemaro

• beLIEve
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 01:28:21 AM »
I just had something really strange happen. I was walking along the southern border of Mexico looking for some of those supposed carvings, when I heard a shriek of some kind of bird. It was loud and sounded very unusual. I looked up into the sky. There was a unnatural looking bird above and it circled wide once and then retreated behind the mountain line. This happened at just about noon in game. I didn't manage to catch the bird itself on camera because I was just expecting some carvings that weren't going to move. Instead I think I found a phoenix.

This is the vantage point I was standing at.

This is the location on the map.

This is around the time of day it happened.

Has anyone else seen a bird like this in Mexico? It wasn't like... on fire, but it was bright yellow, orange and red. I have never seen a bird quite as large or bright as this one in game.
[align=center][/align][align=center]God of the Ivory Sands, sitting atop a throne of bone, my judgment divine and absolute.[/align]

Offline Jedwhite

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 01:51:57 AM »
RDR is turning into monster hunter

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 01:52:22 AM »
Quote from: '6Gunner' pid='54310' dateline='1275087093'
Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='53949' dateline='1275073299'
Yes they did.

Off of GTA wiki.

And replaced it with

I would not stand corrected; I saw bigfoot after camping nearly a whole 4 to 5 hours in the spot where it was supposed to show. I was not trying to spread rumors, I just wanted to know if it was true or not.

Now, here I am trying to come to a conclusion (either by revealing the truth or BS) of the werewolf. I do have a theory on the werewolf, I'm uploading several supportive pictures of said theory in the next hour or two... (doing some online classes in the process)

Really? If you saw it I believe you, i don't have any reason to doubt it. In GTA wiki it was said that (irrelevant who made the quote) players have a 1 in 10 chance of seeing it, so i guess not a lot of people actually tried that hard to spot Bigfoot, i bet they went into the forest once or twice stayed for 15 min and just got pissed and left, and yelled at anyone who says there is Bigfoot in that game.

If there really is a werewolf and things like that in RDR than i'm sure it would have to be a specific set of circumstances, or a low probability that you will actually see it, as it is a "mythical" creature.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:55:40 AM by FaceShot117 »

Offline Discypler07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 02:17:36 AM »
Quote from: 'Daemaro' pid='54745' dateline='1275110901'

I just had something really strange happen. I was walking along the southern border of Mexico looking for some of those supposed carvings, when I heard a shriek of some kind of bird. It was loud and sounded very unusual. I looked up into the sky. There was a unnatural looking bird above and it circled wide once and then retreated behind the mountain line. This happened at just about noon in game. I didn't manage to catch the bird itself on camera because I was just expecting some carvings that weren't going to move. Instead I think I found a phoenix.

This is the vantage point I was standing at.
(Image removed from quote.)

This is the location on the map.

This is around the time of day it happened.

Has anyone else seen a bird like this in Mexico? It wasn't like... on fire, but it was bright yellow, orange and red. I have never seen a bird quite as large or bright as this one in game.

The legendary pokemon, Ho-oh? haha! Maybe R* enjoys pokemon games every now and then... lulz