Username: Password:

Author Topic: X-Files: Red Dead Redemption  (Read 297828 times)

Offline Shmack

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: X-Files: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 02:29:51 AM »
There was no bigfoot in SA. If you 'saw' it, it wasn't bigfoot.

Offline steveo0209

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2010, 04:35:47 AM »
I love the thought that there could be things like this in RDR. I really hope there is things like this that we can keep finding for ages to come but until we get proof (and I'm hoping we do) I have to remain unbelieving :(

Offline Omnipotent Outlaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 05:24:12 AM »
This is a great thread, with many mysteries.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:25:38 AM by Omnipotent Outlaw »

Offline niksa83

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2010, 06:14:54 AM »
This werewolf thing seems interesting, would be cool to find one. Lots of people claimed to have seen one so i don't know.....might be a glitch of some sort. i'll look into it next time i play.

edit:BTW what are these writings my mate told me about? he said there are some "hidden" writings accross the map...like in stones and in certain buildings etc. Perhaps he's just messing with me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:17:55 AM by niksa83 »

Offline erlendw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 08:27:40 AM »
Quote from: 'niksa83' pid='54955' dateline='1275128094'

This werewolf thing seems interesting, would be cool to find one. Lots of people claimed to have seen one so i don't know.....might be a glitch of some sort. i'll look into it next time i play.

edit:BTW what are these writings my mate told me about? he said there are some "hidden" writings accross the map...like in stones and in certain buildings etc. Perhaps he's just messing with me.

Yeah, he's speaking the truth. The hidden writings are cheats, if you find any, share them with us!
A man\'s gotta eat..

Offline TeslaRaptor

• Red Dead Wiki Bureaucrat
    • View Profile
    • http://reddead.wikia.com
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 08:59:47 AM »
Quote from: 'Daemaro' pid='54745' dateline='1275110901'
I just had something really strange happen. I was walking along the southern border of Mexico looking for some of those supposed carvings, when I heard a shriek of some kind of bird. It was loud and sounded very unusual. I looked up into the sky. There was a unnatural looking bird above and it circled wide once and then retreated behind the mountain line. This happened at just about noon in game. I didn't manage to catch the bird itself on camera because I was just expecting some carvings that weren't going to move. Instead I think I found a phoenix.

This is the vantage point I was standing at.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Daemaro/DSCN0223.jpg

This is the location on the map.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Daemaro/DSCN0222.jpg

This is around the time of day it happened.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Daemaro/DSCN0220.jpg

Has anyone else seen a bird like this in Mexico? It wasn't like... on fire, but it was bright yellow, orange and red. I have never seen a bird quite as large or bright as this one in game.

Holy shit, was the sound about 5 seconds long? I just shit my pants in mexico at the exact same spot you just posted, at exactly 12 o clock. Didn't see any bird though.

Got a video I will upload in a while, made with my HD PVR so everything is of perfect quality. I doubt this was an ambient sound as it was just way too loud and creepy. Got me the chills, seriously.

EDIT: Though it does sound like it could be in-game music, especially the second sound, which continues with a music instrument that sounds like an accordeon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:04:25 AM by TeslaRaptor »
Red Dead Wikia - Sysop / Bureaucrat
PSN-ID: carloravelli92
-->RDR Challenge playthough thread<--
-->[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/carloravell

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 09:04:32 AM »

Yeah bub, they are short phrases usually and you enter them under "cheats" in the options menu. For all of you who didn't know by the way, Marston will make a comment like "Where is everyone?" when there is a cheat nearby.

Offline XYieNCE-oF-MuSiik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 09:18:46 AM »
Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='55130' dateline='1275138272'

Yeah bub, they are short phrases usually and you enter them under "cheats" in the options menu. For all of you who didn't know by the way, Marston will make a comment like "Where is everyone?" when there is a cheat nearby.

:O that's what the comments that come from marston mean?! when i heard things like "it's too quiet" i thought it woulda been a ambush so i halled ass. i came across like tons of these D:

Offline Archvile78

• headshots, headshots and more headshots
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »
Quote from: 'TeslaRaptor' pid='55118' dateline='1275137987'

Quote from: 'Daemaro' pid='54745' dateline='1275110901'

I just had something really strange happen. I was walking along the southern border of Mexico looking for some of those supposed carvings, when I heard a shriek of some kind of bird. It was loud and sounded very unusual. I looked up into the sky. There was a unnatural looking bird above and it circled wide once and then retreated behind the mountain line. This happened at just about noon in game. I didn't manage to catch the bird itself on camera because I was just expecting some carvings that weren't going to move. Instead I think I found a phoenix.

This is the vantage point I was standing at.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Daemaro/DSCN0223.jpg

This is the location on the map.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Daemaro/DSCN0222.jpg

This is around the time of day it happened.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Daemaro/DSCN0220.jpg

Has anyone else seen a bird like this in Mexico? It wasn't like... on fire, but it was bright yellow, orange and red. I have never seen a bird quite as large or bright as this one in game.

Holy shit, was the sound about 5 seconds long? I just shit my pants in mexico at the exact same spot you just posted, at exactly 12 o clock. Didn't see any bird though.

Got a video I will upload in a while, made with my HD PVR so everything is of perfect quality. I doubt this was an ambient sound as it was just way too loud and creepy. Got me the chills, seriously.

EDIT: Though it does sound like it could be in-game music, especially the second sound, which continues with a music instrument that sounds like an accordeon.

Standing there right now and i didn't hear anything. |:
Double-post sorry: I just found the location of the infinite dead eye cheat, it really was in the middle of nowhere lol.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:40:10 AM by Archvile78 »

Offline madelaine14

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »
kso, the werewolf pictures: not fake, but glitch.
You've seen the cougar man, the donkey lady, and deer bird.
I personally have come a across a boar bear and a wolf bear. ( I assume bear because it swiped at me, and bears are the only animal that stands up straight, and when I skinned it it was bear fur ) (I know boar and wolf because they looked like those animals)
It's very possible that's all those pictures are.

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
Quote from: 'XYieNCE-oF-MuSiik' pid='55147' dateline='1275139126'

:O that's what the comments that come from marston mean?! when i heard things like "it's too quiet" i thought it woulda been a ambush so i halled ass. i came across like tons of these D:

No, yeah man...When you hear a vocal clue like that, absolutely search around for the cheat phrases.

Offline Sammich

• MP Ghost Mode-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
Well I guess i'll post up the pictures of my white stallion when I get home guys :3

Offline XYieNCE-oF-MuSiik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »
Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='55220' dateline='1275142773'

Quote from: 'XYieNCE-oF-MuSiik' pid='55147' dateline='1275139126'

No, yeah man...When you hear a vocal clue like that, absolutely search around for the cheat phrases.

i'll try go find them again, hopefully i can find the drunk one! :D

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
i'll try go find them again, hopefully i can find the drunk one! :D
[/quote]

Yeah i want that one too, combined with invincibility so I can experiment with the slopes and mountains for some sick flips and head smacking..lol

Offline ToBeDestroyed

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
Off-topic, but about the cheats. Do they make you unable to achieve Single Player Achievements and save the game, if it's the ones you find around the world, not the ones you get automatically?
[align=center][/align]

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »
Quote from: 'ToBeDestroyed' pid='55272' dateline='1275144822'

Off-topic, but about the cheats. Do they make you unable to achieve Single Player Achievements and save the game, if it's the ones you find around the world, not the ones you get automatically?

If you activate any cheat, achievements and saves are disabled in any instance.

Offline ToBeDestroyed

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »
Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='55275' dateline='1275144986'

Okay thanks.
[align=center][/align]

Offline FaceShot117

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Quote from: 'ToBeDestroyed' pid='55297' dateline='1275145887'

Quote from: 'FaceShot117' pid='55275' dateline='1275144986'

Okay thanks.

No problem dood man mcdooderson

Offline TeslaRaptor

• Red Dead Wiki Bureaucrat
    • View Profile
    • http://reddead.wikia.com
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
Sorry, but after some listening it was just a music instrument making a longer and more impressive sound. Gotta wait for a response from Daemaro on this, guessing it's made up though :P

I got shocked because it was at the exact time and the echo of my recording program made it sound creepy.
Red Dead Wikia - Sysop / Bureaucrat
PSN-ID: carloravelli92
-->RDR Challenge playthough thread<--
-->[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/carloravell

Offline BeDmAn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »
There are secrets rare animals in RDR. That first screenshot from the Strategy Guide will probably clear up the werewolf thing:

Page 1
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6228/wolffy.jpg

Page 2
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2258/otheranimals.jpg