Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Gaming Parents & Older Gamers  (Read 15202 times)

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gunslingergaming.com
    • Awards

Gunslingers

INTRODUCTION

The Gunslingers posse is an oasis for parent and hard working adult gamers from around the world that was formed back in June, 2007. The underlining goal of our group is to create a gaming environment that is fun yet civil and friendly for mature, casual gamers. It is a goal far too uncommon in the gaming community, and is not often honestly sought. For anyone wishing to escape the lulls of silly clan probation periods, distinct divides in community ranks, unrealistic demands of attendance, and continual ugliness of clan wars, the Gunslingers is your haven. We have been active for over a decade, so you are not alone in your wants.

The fruit of the Gunslingers is being continuously surrounded by folks sharing your general gaming wants and perspectives. There is plenty of obligations and negativity wishing to take up your time in your career, in your personal life, and certainly during your online travels. It doesn't need to be that way. The Gunslingers clan, however existential as it may seem, seek to inject some positivity and even escapism in your daily obligations. Come. Kick your feet up. Decompress. Be merry! Everyone deserves that, and, regardless if you are new to online gaming or a veteran, you will be welcomed by the rest of us. Share in our cheer!

Joining our posse is simply: Be at least 18 years of age (our average age of members hangs around the mid 30s) & register your membership with the group. Yep. That's it! You will receive a welcome private message afterwards that will help you get in-game with the rest of us.

During our decade+ travels, we have hosted podcasts, live streams, raffles for free games, fun events (ie: Frosty Pints is our term for weekend meet-ups), and a continuous effort to get everyone a chance to get to game with each other. In fact, we JUST launched a brand new site for our group as  a massive reboot of the GS community.

Thank you for taking the time to read about the Gunslingers posse. Recruitment is now open, & you are invited to join.

Sincerely,
Gunslingers Founder
McMurphy

The Red Dead Redemption 2 Clan for Adults.
The Red Dead Redemption 2 Clan for Parents.
The Red Dead Redemption 2 Clan for Older Gamers.
The Red Dead Redemption 2 Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

PS4 | XB1

RDR2 Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Gaming Parents & Older Gamers Since 2007.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:33:31 PM by McMurphy »

Offline stlguilty1

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: [GS] Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Adults
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
sounds just like what im lookin for, ill check out your website
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:56:06 PM by stlguilty1 »

Offline gsFist

• View Profile
    • Awards
RE: [PS3] Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Adults
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:45:55 PM »
Hello whoever reads this. I've been a member of the Gunslingers for...10 months now. I got to say, this places is more than a gaming community. GS is all I know when it comes to online gaming. There is a hospitality that makes you feel like you belong.

I bought Red Dead Redemption on it's release date, so I know the ins and outs of online play. I'm the kind of gamer who will sit back and let the new guys/gals rack up exp. while I back him/her up when need be. I use a mic as well, which makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

If you make the wise choice of joining GS, look me up.

GS forum name = Fist_of_metal

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RE: [PS3] Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Adults
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »
Gunslingers, we have another reason to tip our hats.  Give a warm welcome to the newest members to our posse:  caineghis, CapnCwby1969, Binarynova, and stlguilty1! :D

Thank you all for joining.  Your contact information has been added to our Red Dead Redemption Contacts Master List.  Feel free to add everyone on it.  Let us know if you have any questions or ideas, and, again, welcome aboard. :)

[align=center]----------------------------------------------------[/align]

I have mentioned we are old, right? Well, our custom GS Arcade reflects that. I have added the 1983 ZX Spectrum classic, Chuckie Egg, to our arcade.

Offline GunzAblazin

• View Profile
    • Awards
RE: Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Adults
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:01:09 AM »
Definately what I've been looking for, I've registered on the website. Looking forward for what's to come.

Offline perversious

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:10:56 PM »
Finally, adults!  I've put in my app and looking forward to some excellent gaming times.  From the short time I was at the site, looks like a totally professional and dedicated bunch of gamers.

Offline WhoDatFanMan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »
I went and joined the site...sounds right up my alley

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
Gunslingers, take a whiskey shot, because we have new members in our posse.  Give a warm welcome to Perversious, GunzAblazin, WhoDatFanMan, and JamesMonty2003! :D

Be sure to send out those friend invites to each other.  Here is a quick shortcut to the Red Dead Redemption Master List (out of respect of your privacy, you will need to be signed into your GS forum account to view it).

Now, let's fire up those smoke wagons!

Sorry.

I always wanted to say that. ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:34:11 PM by McMurphy »

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »
Sorry for the absence the last few days.  I came down with a "fun" case of the stomach flu over the weekend, and, no, it wasn't due to one too many whiskey shots. ;)

I did notice that someone stopped by to ask if we are clan or a forum.  We are certainly a clan.  Thankfully, we have been around for three years (as of this month!), and we have been successful in several of games, and Red Dead Redemption is the newest (and most appropriate) addition to our roster.

See you all on the range!

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »
We have new Gunslingers in our posse, so tip your hat to Jealousofme, clewin, and Kamogari!

Also, in our GS arcade in which we add a new game every week, the board game classic, Battleship, has been added to the library!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:26:54 PM by McMurphy »

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »
Ugh, sorry for the posts in a row.

I do have some wonderful news to share.  Our numbers of Xbox and PS3 adults gathering together under the Red Dead Gunslingers flag is ever growing.  Since the last update, take a shot of whiskey for our newest posse members:  knacker1992, Rissa13, Pender, Redhair_Sensei, and Llama_Fun!

In fact, Redhair_Sensei is our 600th registered member!  What a great milestone while we celebrate our 3 Year Anniversary as a group this month!

In other general posse news, we have added "Premiere Foosball" to the GS Arcade as a nod to the World Cup that is currently going on.

Until Jonah Hex gets a face lift,
Gunslingers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:19:40 PM by McMurphy »

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
We have wrangled more Gunslingers.  Give a warm welcome (and a shot of whiskey) to macolyte and Crown5980!

Gunslingers, be sure to be rechecking the Red Dead Redemption Master List in the GS Forums to keep abreast of those friend invites.  Our posse is ever growing, and you have a lot of fellow adults to sling with. :D

Offline Darheel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'd love to join, but it seems the homepage is down?
Anyone else with this issue or is it just me?

Regards,
Arkius - Lars
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:30:37 PM by Darheel »

Offline playdoh76

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »
sounds like a great group.. im a call of duty hardcore guy "32yrs old" with mic in Florida..  signed up for website
psn=playdoh76

gunslinger forum= playdoh76
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 02:04:07 PM by playdoh76 »

Offline II Vineyard II

• Legend 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »
Looks like a great group. 28 Male from Florida.

GT = II VineYard II

Gunslinger Forum = II VineYard II

Offline Striker1246

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »
This looks like an excellent group! I would love to join, but I'm on the 360... do any of yall play on the xbox, or is this a pa3 only community? I'll try registering on your site, and feel free to message me on xbox live (gamertag Striker1246) if you would be interested in recruiting me! Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon!

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »
Quote from: 'Striker1246' pid='97236' dateline='1277686679'

This looks like an excellent group! I would love to join, but I'm on the 360... do any of yall play on the xbox, or is this a pa3 only community? I'll try registering on your site, and feel free to message me on xbox live (gamertag Striker1246) if you would be interested in recruiting me! Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon!

Yes, we do have Red Dead Gunslingers on the Xbox360 as well, so, if still interested, we invite you to register in our GS Forums and post your Game Tag in the Red Dead Redemption Contact Master List to get your posse started!

Speaking of new members, II VineYard II, DangerBoy, and playdoh76 our newest Gunslingers!  Take a shot of whiskey and give these folks a warm welcome!

[align=center]---------------------------------------[/align]

So, how many cups of coffee has everyone had thus far this Monday?  

Many of us are stuck at work, and some of us are sneaking peeks online throughout the day.  The members of the Gunslingers are no exception.  Because of it, we try to salvage some good vibes on Mondays by starting the work week off by adding new games to our custom GS Arcade.  Today, we are going the Old West theme and adding the cowboy shoot-out game, Smokin' Barrels.  Earn money and buy weapons as you shoot your way to the top of the high-noon ladder!

Just don't let your boss see. ;)

Also, we like to chat it up during our work day in our GS Chats, so, if you are an adult pining for the chance to play Red Dead Redemption again, you can kill some time by chatting with gamers your own age.

Offline playdoh76

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »
Thanks alot McMurphy for having me in GS.  

You guys seem like the clan I been searching for , for a very long time.  I love all the tourniments you have set up and all the contact lists for every game. Its just awesome I have the same clan for all my games and know I'm already set when black ops comes out.

love the chat board and all the invites I got after i joined..

you da man :blush:

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
It has been sometime since we readdressed our group's mission statement for people who may still be looking for a place to join.  Since we are on our final days of our 3 Year Anniversary celebration, now may be the most apt moment.

The sole reason for the creation of the Gunslingers is to provide a home for casual, adult gamers.  We understood the desire by the well adjusted parents and hard working folks out there who wanted a gaming group away from all the clan wars, all the adolescent obsessiveness, all the heady probation periods and try-outs, all the defining worth by rank, and all the second job-like expectations of commitment.  You bust your butt working all day.  Heck, you may be trying to scrap together extra money by taking graveyard shifts.  You have your son''s soccer game to go to.  You have that family trip you promised your significant other at a safe distance of six months ago.  You don't want to be told you have to play every day.  You don't want to be consistently matched up with foul mouthed kids because your clan decided to invite them into your chat for some arbitrary yet somehow necessary battle.  You just want to play some games while cracking open a few beers with fellow adults.

We get it!  

Those exact desires are the foundation of the Gunslingers. Whether you are joining a gaming group for the very first time or wishing to have a place to escape your current clan's seriousness, GS is your online gaming tavern.  You are welcome regardless if you play on a daily, weekly, even monthly basis.  Life pulls a responsible person in many directions, so your time with us is always at your convenience.

We also know that your gaming attention may not center strictly on just this game.  We are extremely grateful for the over 600 adults who have chosen the Gunslingers, and they all can feel confident in the fact that, if they should move onto a different game, they will still have friends with whom to swap contacts.  Our attendance and activity are unmatched.  In just the last seven days (June 22nd to June 28th), we gained 21 new members.  That was no fluke.  The seven days prior to that period, we gained 25 new members. All adults.  All just wanting to keep their respective games carefree.

We are proud of our steadfast commitment in our mission statement over the last three years.  Thank you all who have already given us a chance.  The welcome mat is on our doorstep for those you yet to join.

Sincerely,

Gunslinger Gaming Founder
McMurphy

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 04:31:57 PM »
Gunslingers, we had another big day yesterday!  On June 29th alone, the Gunslingers had seven more adults join our ranks.  Welcome aboard, and thank you for joining, emiri, Tuue, Hrothgar, ldykllr, gSINGHg, RavenMarston13, and TX COWBOY 817!  :D  I sure none of  you will have any problems finding other Gunslingers for all the games you play.  If any Red Dead Redemption gamers are reading this who would like to throw their friend code into the mix, I invite you to register with the Gunslingers.

As our members already know, a special drawing of a random name is being held tonight.  Good luck, everyone, and thank you again for making our 3 Year Anniversary so special!