Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Gaming Parents & Older Gamers  (Read 15204 times)

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gunslingergaming.com
    • Awards
RE: Gunslingers ~ The Red Dead Redemption Posse for Adults
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
Bethorama is the winner of the Gunslinger Anniversary Frosty Pint Mug!  

[size=150]Congratulations![/size]

For those of you who have yet to meet her, she originally joined the Gunslinger family in January 2009 during the final month of our (*shutters*) freewebs site being the main hub for us.  You can check out her original member listing HERE.

We hope you enjoy your Frosty Pint and lend a cheer during our Frosty Pints tradition.  Thank you, Beth, for being a Gunslinger.  Thank you, everyone, for making this project all worth while.  It is amazing to think just how far we have come as a group in these last three years.  Heck, the explosion of membership in just the last year and a half is utterly incredible.

We would love to have any adult reading this message on board for our Red Dead Redemption clan.  Become one of us by registering in our forum at the Gunslingers.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:02:53 PM by McMurphy »

Offline playdoh76

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »
Congrats to BETHORAMA for winning the frosty pint..

"its a cool mug"

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 04:21:41 PM »
Aw, it is Friday. Holiday weekend.  The smell of illegal fireworks is already in the air.  It signifies the end of another work week, which could only mean one thing:

[size=200]FROSTY PINTS[/size][/b]

Frosty Pints is our Friday and Saturday time to gather, grab our favorite brews, and toast an (abbreviated) escape from "working for the man."  Stop by the Gunslingers to exchange game contacts and get with a group of folks ready for some drunken raids.

As if 4th of July wasn't reason enough, for us, we have an additional reason to clink together our glasses in tribute.  In just the last two days (June 30th and July 1st), we gained FIFTEEN new members!  Gunslingers, tip your hat and take a shot of whiskey for our newest posse members:

Helmed
    foxhound8
    ZigZag
    xPR0d!gyX
    Ch1llz
    terons
    rzettler
    PyroDrew24
    jporter67
    Karniest
    kaminsky victor
    BOOGIEBOT
    crunknwj
    Syphen
    AgntB1ue

Thank you all for joining.  If  you are 18 years of age and would like to join the fastest growing group of casual, adult gamers, you need only to register an account at the GS Forums.

As our Danish member, Missie, would say,

Skål!!!

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
Before I get to the GS news, I wish safe travels, open flames, and fireworks hording to all our American members during their 4th of July celebration and to all our Canadian members during their continued Canada Day festivals! :D

We have been honored with the presence of EIGHT new members yesterday (July 2nd, 2010).  so, Gunslingers, tip your hat and take a shot of whiskey once again for the newest folks in our posse:

Nborn
XxRAISTxX
bonneau14
the.true.samiam
catroni21
beorn-axeman
potato818
oneetha

Thank you all for joining!

Gunslingers:  Where the mature, casual gamers meet.

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »
There are the lucky people who have the Monday after the 4th of July celebration off, but others of us had to wipe the sleep out of eyes and get back to work.  For those of you who like to sneak in some chatting and flash games during work as you pine for the chance to get back to your REAL gaming, the Gunslingers have added Klondike Solitiare to our GS Arcade!

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
We had new Gunslingers walk through our saloon doors the last couple days (July 3rd to July 5th) so give them a warm welcome!  You can find their introductions and contacts in the GS Forums:

Creatre
Replacement
Camazameron
Plugs
Telewebb
mefford
Pathfinder
Kairo
Taco
Joe Von Knee
michael
questafari
robocor1
OneBrickShy
Wetlettuce

Thank you all for joining!

Gunslingers:  Where the mature, casual gamers meet.

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
There is another perk with being a Gunslinger that is not often brought up in this forum, and that is choices.  We know that Red Dead Redemption is not the only game in the world, and that the most ideal progression in your gaming experience is to retain membership and friendships within an ever growing clan as you supplement your limited gaming time with other titles.  That is why the Gunslingers makes sure that you continue to have a home where you can find other adult gamers regardless of what game you also play on the side.

Heck, we often joke that we have a Light Side and a Dark Side to the Gunslingers.  If that is the case, here are how the sides break down:

Light Side:
    Mario Kart Wii
    ModNation Racers
    Monster Hunter Tri
    The Conduit

Dark Side:
    Call of Duty: Reflex
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    All Points Bulletin
    MAG

Hmm...perhaps the Dark Side is winning at the moment. ;)

While those games are the ones we highlight, we have Gunslingers playing everything from Tetris Party and LittleBigPlanet to Uncharted 2 and Bad Company 2.  In fact, our Master List of Contacts section of the GS forums has over 40 topics representing contacts for over 40 different games played by fellow Gunslingers, a number that is continuously growing.  However you wish to game, with Gunslingers, you have a pantheon of adults ready to keep your gaming experience fun, casual, and absolutely void of clan wars and Game Battles.

Of course, all this information is to demonstrate the absolute freedom you have with the Gunslingers.  If you are like many of us who are blazing through Red Dead Redemption, you will find no group more rewarding than us.

'Till beer is used to fuel time machines,
Gunslingers

Offline msouthern

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 12:21:16 AM »
I just joined up here and at gunslingers after seeing this post.  I couldn't resist joining such a great community.  I look forward to gaming with you all, especially on frosty pints night haha

Offline DirtyD

• Leader of Reign in Blood
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 09:53:55 AM »
Hey there McMurphy, good luck with the posse.  I play on Xbox or else I'd join in a heartbeat.
[align=center][/align]

Offline playdoh76

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »
Quote from: 'DirtyD' pid='108562' dateline='1278597235'

Hey there McMurphy, good luck with the posse.  I play on Xbox or else I'd join in a heartbeat.

dont need a ps3.  we have xbox'ers , pc'ers .. dont matter! if you are a gamer and over 18 your welcome.

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »
Quote from: 'DirtyD' pid='108562' dateline='1278597235'

Like Playdoh said, we have a quickly growing Xbox faction for us Red Dead Gunslingers.  If you are looking for an exclusively adult group to posse up on your Xbox, give a look. :)

Friday is finally here again, and that can only mean one thing...

[size=200]...FROSTY PINTS!!!![/size]

Meet up with your fellow Gunslingers, grab your favorite brew, and let the good times roll in our end-of-the-week tradition of over two years.  If you still have game contacts to swap, stop by the GS Chat to round up more folks.  We have had a lot of new members lately, so you shouldn't have a problem finding new blood for your roster.  Frosty Pints is GS community wide today and tomorrow, so come and celebrate the end of another work week with folks your own age!

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
There are two new additions to the Gunslinger home site to share with everyone this Monday:

Chess has been added to the GS Arcade.  Values are set on your moves, so try to earn a top score with your fellow Gunslingers!

The Gunslinger Member, Geo, has been kind enough to share some of his musical creativity with the rest of us with a rock song he composed entitled "Consumed."  It has been added to the GS Jukebox, which is linked via a button of the left side of all our chat pages.  While you are checking out his talent, you will notice that other members such as D.Lazer, Balki, and jANK have submitted tracks from the bands they are in.  Thank you, Geo, for sharing your talent with us!

Gunslingers:  Where the rock stars go to game with other adults. :D

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »
I have more exciting news to share with everyone!

[size=150]Today, The Gunslingers officially became 700 members strong!!! :D[/size]

Not only is that a great member count filled with equally as great and fun adults, but the rate of activity and growth is a bit mind blowing.  We received 100 new, legitimate members in the last 24 days.  Incredible!

Thank you all for joining and enriching the gaming experience for other adults your own age.  Whether or not you continue playing this game or move onto another favorite title, we will be there offering a home.  I know I speak of celebrating this or that quite a bit lately, but, really, come join us as we raise our mugs in toast of another fantastic milestone.

CHEERS!

Offline Knockout408

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 12:28:39 AM »
Just joined the Gunslingers forums earlier today...really looking forward to gaming with some like-minded folks.

PSN = Knockout408 (I also have a mic)

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »
Quote from: 'Knockout408' pid='117001' dateline='1279168119'
Just joined the Gunslingers forums earlier today...really looking forward to gaming with some like-minded folks.

PSN = Knockout408 (I also have a mic)

Welcome to the Gunslingers, and thank you for joining! :D

I just double checked, and, sure enough, you have been added to our RDR Contacts Master List.  Feel free to add all your fellow posse 'slingers on that list.  This should help combat all those kids running around posse-killing each other! :)

Offline Mrs. Cali Marston

• Humanoid Typhoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 02:36:40 AM »
Finally. No offense, but dealing with high voiced 12 yr olds screaming through my tv was getting very annoying. I am very glad I found this. Thank you very much and the entire GS community.
~See you later space cowboy <3~

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
Quote from: 'Mrs. Cali Marston' pid='118532' dateline='1279262200'

Finally. No offense, but dealing with high voiced 12 yr olds screaming through my tv was getting very annoying. I am very glad I found this. Thank you very much and the entire GS community.

Thank you!  I am guessing the same person as I think you are in the GS Chats and GS Forums based on your avatar pick.  If so, we have all got a great kick having you aboard.  Thanks for joining! :)

----------------------------------

I hope you got that last work assignment wrapped up because the weekend is once again upon so you know what that means...

...[pregnant, melodramatic pause]...

...[size=150]FROSTY PINTS!!![/size] :D

(I know, I know.  I really need to get out more.)

Grab your pick of poison and head over to the GS Chats.  If you have done so already, drop your game contact and add those of other people in the GS Forums.  Like you, they joined us wanting to be part of a fun, kick-back gaming group, so let the party begin!

'Till RedBull makes a red wine energy drink,
Gunslingers

Offline McMurphy

• Dusty Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 10:31:57 PM »
We have been referencing our membership growth lately, and we don't view it as simply a bragging right.  Rather, it is an opportunity to be creative.  Toezer, our webmaster, has been busy overhauling our site to better reflect our popularity and ability to provide a home for all you mature, casual adults.  We are excited to always enhancing your GS experience.

On that note, I invite you to check out all her hard work with the new look of Gunslinger Gaming!

----------

I am also quite excited and can hardly wait to announce our upcoming Red Dead Gunslingers event that I promise you, no one has done yet! :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:12:42 PM by McMurphy »

Offline The Pro Hero

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 05:08:07 AM »
Sign me up!  Sick of joining posses just to hear some kids talking about stupid crap.

Offline Orchid

• Preserving the world\'s reserve of x\'s
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
Dearest Gunslingers!
Toddler free not guaranteed but mighty good ol' fun to be had at the Official Readdead.Net Posse Tournament!
Should you be interested, sign up in the thread or PM Kryten!

Kind regards